Alesmith - Bottle Releases

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by SDReaper, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

Yeah I'm a little gun shy given that we don't know what bottles will be available this year. The only thing I missed last year was Velvet and that was just a nightmare anyway.

2. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Pundit (821) Jul 27, 2015 California

Well, that announcement was a liiiiittle underwhelming.

3. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 California

Got in, bit pricey but sometimes peace of mind is great knowing you got first crack on bottles. Time will tell if its worth it, who knows every release might have been up'ed in production to were it doesnt sell out in under 5 mins.

MoreAbv likes this.
  4. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Pundit (998) May 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Agreed. I went back to the kickstarter page and made that note myself... But still, 100x$125 is only another $12,500...

5. J-loco

J-loco Savant (1,018) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

Looks like quite a few people are confused by the priority package after reading the comments on IG.

6. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

They made the mistake of posting those bottles and now a bunch of people think they can get them. Ha.

7. reefer_bob

Trader

I will admit, I 'assumed' that when they said they had a big announcement at 8:30 this morning, that it would be a beer release, not release of more early access spots...

Original_Fake and J-loco like this.
  8. MoreAbv

MoreAbv Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 California

I agree. Piece of mind. I've seen release sell out in less than 3 clicks of the refresh button.

9. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (1,050) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Trader

$125 for nothing more than a small priority?
    I love Alesmith, but that is fuckin horseshit.

ryno09 and Black_Rider like this.
  10. iamthecarlos

iamthecarlos Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2015 California

No one reads anything anymore... They saw a picture and freaked out.

11. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

That's the nice thing about FWIBF. They say right on the event page that the taxable value of the event is only $10, so you can write off the other $75 per ticket as donation.

12. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

free wifi here is surprisingly fast... if I lived anywhere near SD this would be my spot to work and get some drinks

13. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I still have to go back and figure out why my work vpn doesn't function properly from there. We tunnel all but there is something conflicting which my guess would be the large 10.x.x.x range that alesmith uses internally. But I am unable to test properly without at least a speedway in my hands at the time. Must test before I go on-call again.

AleSmithBrewing, J-loco and chemman14 like this.
  14. J-loco

J-loco Savant (1,018) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

How will you type?

15. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

I always like speedtesting whenever I can and I was getting 39 down and 47 up!!! which to me is pretty amazing for free wifi

J-loco likes this.
  16. SDReaper

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

As an engineer, we have learned to type with basically our hands completely full of food and/or drink since the odds of us ever getting an uninterrupted lunch is next to nil.

J-loco likes this.
  17. Beerooster

Beerooster Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 California

Has anyone who bought the Gwynn Contribution to purchase bottles early received any notice from Alesmith? @SDReaper...

18. SDReaper

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I didn't buy that, I have a brick instead. Those that bought the early access the first time around did in fact receive theri emails (I have a few friends that joined). Those that bought into the early access the second time around have not since there hasn't been another bottle release.

19. reefer_bob

Trader

I did for Hammerhead.

20. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 California

I sent the a message to see if we were supposed to receive any confirmation email since purchasing and I was told blandy that my info should be all in order and I should get an email days before the next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.