Alesong Thread

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by PNW_Whalez, Apr 8, 2016.

1. distantmantra

distantmantra Savant (983) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Chucks 85th had Mocha Rhino Suit bottles on Thursday along with Maestro.

2. sts9fan

sts9fan Initiate (63) Mar 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Teku had it also on Wednesday.

3. MattyPrize

MattyPrize Initiate (174) Jul 7, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

We still have a few bottles of Rhino Suit floating around Bend, but haven't seen any Mocha Rhino.... I'd be interested in this for sure...

4. Rip_City

Rip_City Initiate (120) Jul 16, 2016 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Just a little bit surprised it skipped the Portland market.

5. kingsleyr

kingsleyr Initiate (155) Jun 20, 2005 Washington
    Beer Trader

chucks had the mocha, both draft and bottles. there were several alesong events around town last week.

6. TaborTime

TaborTime Disciple (395) Dec 10, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Mocha Rhino Suit is really, really good.

Beerleon and vurt like this.
  7. Jbagel1

Jbagel1 Initiate (193) May 25, 2015 Oregon
    Beer Trader

16 tons in Eugene has most of the Alesong bottles.

sharpski likes this.
  8. Beerleon

Beerleon Initiate (163) Oct 7, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

First alesong bottle was mocha rhino suit tonight, I am going back for another !

Jbagel1 and sharpski like this.
  9. AlesongMatt

AlesongMatt Initiate (116) Apr 12, 2016 Oregon

Hey everyone. Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you are liking our creations!
    I want to just clear up the 'what's available' questions, and please let me know if you have further questions.
    We release all of our beer to our mailing list first (just takes a quick signup on our website: www.alesongbrewing.com/join no cost to you) and we hold beers for up to 60 days if you can't make the quarterly release party. This assures you get everything you want AND will assure you get any mailing list only releases. We've only had one, Cocoa Maestro-a chocolate version of our barrel aged barleywine. there were only 96 bottles produced, and we sold out.
    Then, after the release party, we take inventory of what is left. Because we bottle more of some beers than others, and some sell at the party more than others, we have to make hard decisions on which market gets which beer. As you can imagine, we have a lot more accounts in Portland and really all of Oregon, than in Seattle. (we'd like more accounts in Seattle and WA, my northern friends. Feel free to suggest :slight_smile: ) And we don't want to just go with the procedure of: "Eugene, you get first pick of everything. Portland you are second. and Seattle-you get leftovers." That's not fair.
    So, for those of you who found Mocha Rhino Suit in Seattle (as well as Maestro), realize you don't have Cherry Parliament or Here Comes the Sun-those are sold in Oregon.
    This may not be the way you would do it, but it is the way that makes sense for us right now.
    The good news is that if you are on our mailing list, you get whatever you want, you just have to come to the brewery to pick up.
    We are kicking around the idea of having a club pickup party in Seattle someday if we can find the right venue and if it makes sense for both parties. For now, we encourage you to come down.
    BTW- Tasting room opends this summer! Come drink beer in wine country :slight_smile:

If you've seen a lot of our bottles at your local, that's awesome. However, realize that we have released 13 beers in bottles in our three releases thus far. And I haven't mentioned that we always keep some vintage back at the brewery and sell them on Thursdays from 4-6, so if you can't find something, contact us at the brewery and we might have it.

And finally (thanks for listening this long), our next release, which is scheduled for 5/20 will include two fairly small beers that won't likely see distro (one with plums and one spont fermented on pinot grapes) and two that we will plan to send to both OR and WA markets (Brett saison dh with mosaic and a non barrel aged strawberry sour beer (kettle soured) )
    So get signed up for our mailing list, would you!

Thanks for enjoying our beers. I'll monitor this thread as I can and answer anymore questions you have.
    Cheers!
    Matt

punkhim, ch3no2, beertunes and 6 others like this.
  10. drone

drone Disciple (344) Jun 17, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Love the pickup/reservation concept; hope you find a Seattle venue soon!

NWer and EdwardAbbey like this.
  11. dphi

dphi Initiate (156) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Good to hear the tap room will be opening up soon!

12. AlesongMatt

AlesongMatt Initiate (116) Apr 12, 2016 Oregon

Oh, the other thing we need is a critical mass of Washingtonians who order to make it viable to head up with a bunch of beer. Tell your friends, and we'll see if we can swing it in the future.

brandonwnw, NWer, EdwardAbbey and 3 others like this.
  13. EdwardAbbey

EdwardAbbey Defender (607) Jul 13, 2015 Washington
    Beer Trader

Although I bumped this thread with some hesitation for fear that I didn't want too many people to know too quickly about a relatively limited product, this would be a nice unexpected reward.:slight_smile:

The environmentalist in me cannot justify trips from Seattle to Eugene just to pick up beer or else I'd be on that mailing list, but a consolidated drop done in reverse would change the equation entirely.

How about my local PCC?:slight_smile:

sharpski likes this.
  14. WA_Brian

WA_Brian Initiate (134) Nov 17, 2015 Washington

I would order, but it's hard to justify a 10+ hour round-trip to pick up beer every quarter. That said, if you extend shipping to WA or go with a local pick-up option, I'd be all over it.

My lack of ordering does not mean lack of interest. I check every release hoping you've extended shipping to WA.

15. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (4,619) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

The Downtown location of the Food Co-Op in Bellingham. Michael is the beer buyer there, and will take good care of you.

JonnyBeers and NWer like this.
  16. EdwardAbbey

EdwardAbbey Defender (607) Jul 13, 2015 Washington
    Beer Trader

And Terry is the principal beer consumer there. He will take good care of you, too.:slight_smile:

17. beertunes

Beer Trader

This is not an Alternative Fact.

NWer, vurt, 66jzmstr and 1 other person like this.
  18. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Disciple (311) Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Plenty of crazy Canadians who will drive to the 'Ham for Alesong. I think all of us combined almost match what Terry consumes.

vurt and beertunes like this.
  19. beertunes

Beer Trader

"Almost" being the key word.

vurt and John_M like this.
  20. drone

drone Disciple (344) Jun 17, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.