Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Allagash Coolship Resurgam

Discussion in 'New England' started by LiquidCourage, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Disciple (342) May 1, 2011 Maine

I was there this morning and there must have been close to 100 bottles in the display on the floor.

UWBadgerFan4Life likes this.
  2. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2009 Maine

3. Dupage25

Dupage25 Aspirant (279) Jul 4, 2013 Antarctica

Interlude is pretty much a shelf beer due to the sticker price.

4. Jdiddy

Jdiddy Zealot (500) Apr 5, 2002 Rhode Island
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Resurgam still there! Go get some.

5. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (367) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Got it for $7.99 last year, gotta find the right spot

6. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2009 Maine

Depends on the place. Last year I saw someone come in and clean out the entire shelf stock and back stock at one store in Portland.

7. MRsojourner

MRsojourner Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2011 Massachusetts

any idea if resurgam is still available?...........i will call myself but just wondering.

8. MarkF150

MarkF150 Aspirant (270) Feb 9, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I picked some up this past weekend.

9. cbeer88

cbeer88 Crusader (719) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Tons. I was there this past weekend. The display was fully stocked, and I asked if that was it and they laughed and said "no - plenty more in back". That said, well worth a quick phone call right before you make the trip.

MRsojourner likes this.
  10. Dupage25

Dupage25 Aspirant (279) Jul 4, 2013 Antarctica

Kind of a shame it sits there and never gets even a tad bit of distribution. I understand their reasoning for it but it sounds like they're making more of it than they used to and it doesn't sell out in a short time period anymore. For a beer like this, I would assume that either means it's priced too high or the local market is saturated enough.

11. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Initiate (156) Nov 1, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Luckily for them it's not an ipa, so there is no rush to sell it.

12. MRsojourner

MRsojourner Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2011 Massachusetts

This beer stands up to cantillion IMO. I made a call yesterday and they said it was a safe bet that it would be there over the weekend

13. brikelly

brikelly Aspirant (269) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Resurgam absolutely stands up to Cantillon. It's world-class.

jomobono likes this.
  14. geocool

geocool Initiate (175) Jun 21, 2006 Massachusetts

IMHO, it has never sold out in a short time period. The previous release lasted for over two months, and even the first release lasted for months and they still had some when Old HLT came out on 03/31/2012. This batch has only been out for three weeks.

15. rowingbrewer

rowingbrewer Champion (849) May 28, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

went up the Saturday after the release day and picked up bottles, opened one at a tasting that night side by side with a 2009 Cantillon gueuze and we all preferred the Resurgam. It doesn't sell out right away because they are producing large quantities and placing a limit on it. If the limit wasn't there it would likely have sold out even though it is over priced.

16. cbeer88

cbeer88 Crusader (719) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Why does it need to sell out immediately? Having a limited release sit around at a brewery for a month or two is the absolute perfect situation. You know where to get it, you can get a few bottles of it, and you don't have to rush for it. The brewery gets to keep all the money for themselves with no distribution costs, and they have plenty of space for it. It's a win-win for everybody. Allagash is one of the few breweries doing limited releases right these days IMO, and more breweries should model after them.

Plus, they really don't make enough Resurgam to justify distribution, but even if they made more and sent it out, it would just turn into yet another limited release shitshow. Stores would get 6 bottles of it and it would be gone the day it came in.

17. parris

parris Zealot (517) Jan 18, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Can confirm stock is still here, 3pm.

18. Sam21

Sam21 Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2009 Connecticut

A beer that is highly regarded by many AND doesn't sell out in 4 hours?!?! What is this world coming too??? ;-) Seriously, I consider that a win win. I have two bottles in the fridge now along with plenty of fresh Maine Brew Co. Excited to try the Resurgam and see what I think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.