News Allagash White is Coming to Cans

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BeRightBock, Sep 8, 2018.

1. BeRightBock

BeRightBock Devotee (434) Apr 27, 2007 New York
    Premium Trader

2. JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago Crusader (794) Sep 3, 2010 Illinois

Hopefully 6x12oz or 12 packs. Love the beer, but I’d imagine the 4x12oz format is the reason I see it collecting dust so often...

AlcahueteJ and johnnybgood1999 like this.
  3. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,649) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

I hope you are correct here.

As a consumer I am not a fan of the 4-pack format. I recognize why brewery owners have a differing opinion on this matter.

Cheers!

Lucular and JohnnyChicago like this.
  4. Alefflicted

Alefflicted Initiate (75) Dec 2, 2017 Minnesota

Now if only they distributed to Minnesota...

5. Giantspace

Giantspace Defender (655) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

And the price, $11-14 a four pack is not a good price. Even by the case it’s close to $60 incl tax.

Enjoy

6. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Devotee (492) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Might just be a Boston thing, but Allagash White has also become a premium priced beer on draft here. Seeing $9 for White which is outrageous for a brewery that produces at their scale.

SunDevilBeer and BeRightBock like this.
  7. BeRightBock

BeRightBock Devotee (434) Apr 27, 2007 New York
    Premium Trader

Ah, I 'member Cappy’s in Camden, Maine, with Allagash White and Black on tap next to each other at four bucks a throw....

8. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (601) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Yeah I’ve noticed that too, it’s priced as a “premium” across the board on tap, which makes me believe it’s not a case of greedy publicans but high keg prices. Which is a shame because I like it as an everyday drinker, but certainly not a special beer by any measure.

9. Giantspace

Giantspace Defender (655) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

1/6 keg is $95 plus tax here. You get about 40 pints per keg. Not sure how much spill there will be. Either way at $9 a pint the bar is making a ton of $.

Is it a true pint or the Cheater pints we have around here that are closer to 12oz and then add head and you get a 10oz pour.

Just another reason I don’t go to bars anymore

Enjoy

10. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,649) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

Needless to say it is entirely your choice to no longer go to bars but you can be selective in which bars you do go to. I personally only go to bars that serve a "true pint" (i.e., 16 ounce glasses). These bars are not difficult to find.

Just to state the obvious: those draft pints are not priced at 1-2 dollars.

Cheers!

drtth likes this.
  11. Ahonky

Ahonky Initiate (123) Feb 13, 2018 New York

Love the beer, love cans, but I'm perfectly happy with 12 ounces. I'll buy these for outdoor activities

Squire likes this.