American Adjunct Lager Tournament Bracket

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Damian, Jun 8, 2013.

1. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Jan 24, 2010 Ohio

Pretty much so, yes. thanks!

celticfutblclub, Damian and CADMixes like this.
  2. kemoarps

kemoarps Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Man, I just moved to StL, but there's an AAL brewery here called, "American Patriot Beer"

This should win, by default

KS1297 likes this.
  3. Damian

Damian Jun 1, 2006 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Old Style unfortunately isn't available here in Massachusetts. What exactly are you saying by your "enough said" statement? Are you implying that this tournament is totally invalidated because we don't have access to one of your favorite regional AALs?

The Mexican beers (as well the Chinese, etc. beers) are all American adjunct lagers. The contest involved beers of one particular style, no matter what their country of origin is. If you have a problem with how they are categorized, perhaps you should write Todd and/or Jason.

4. JISurfer

JISurfer Dec 10, 2002 Hawaii
    Beer Trader

Too bad Hinano or Kalik Gold wasn't on there, they would destroy them all.

5. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

I might be paranoid... But this almost seems rigged...

6. CADMixes

CADMixes Feb 29, 2012 Massachusetts

Please, do tell.

7. GA_SIPPER

GA_SIPPER Feb 24, 2013 Georgia

800 MG of Ibuprofen...

8. trevorjk

trevorjk Aug 28, 2009 Netherlands
    Beer Trader

no Old Milwaukee? i refuse to vote!

JISurfer and BadJustin like this.
  9. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Jan 24, 2010 Ohio

WOW, chill out. Thought in American you had a right to an opinion. And I do not imply. I Comment directly.

I have no problem, unfortunately maybe all the consumed AAL has opened up a sore spot. Not sure where you get the Tournament is invalid, I do not reference that in any way. Even IF I did (and again, I did not) could you please tell me how one smuck from Ohio's views have that much credibility with an online beer tournament opinion tasting as to alter it's merit in any way? As flattered as I am sir, I am afraid I do not carry that much weight.

And the "Enough said" is a typo. Not an insult, or anything else. It was to go at the end of the first sentence, and if taken out of context, hey , I am sorry.

10. Inspired

Inspired Mar 4, 2008 Maryland

High Life and it ain't even close!

JISurfer likes this.
  11. Damian

Subscriber Beer Trader

After searching five mega liquor stores in my area, I was dumbfounded that I couldn't come across any Old Milwaukee.

12. Damian

Subscriber Beer Trader

Enough said.

13. misterid

misterid Apr 3, 2009 Wisconsin

Presidente when in Puerto Rico and Curacao. turned me in to a big fan of Presidente.

14. nc41

nc41 Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Funny it's on the shelf here

15. JISurfer

JISurfer Dec 10, 2002 Hawaii
    Beer Trader

Y'all get Presidente in NC , but we can't get in in SC? WTF?! I know it's not the greatest, but it's a good beer for working outside all day. My father in law loves it. He sucked a few down in Miami, along with some cigars.

16. misterid

misterid Apr 3, 2009 Wisconsin

no Dominicans here

17. cruzmissile72

cruzmissile72 Jul 26, 2012 Connecticut

I think I'll have to give some of the Gansett beers then since they are so big around here. And cheap.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe