American Solera

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Eyedoc27, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Eyedoc27

Eyedoc27 Aspirant (238) Sep 9, 2018 Illinois
    Trader

Hey All,

I'm hoping to gain more info on how to become an American Solera Member. From what I've read in posts from previous years, it seems like their membership is very limited. Do you have to sign up in person/online, any info on how you would expect that they will release info on this? Do they allow proxies?

brock125 likes this.
  2. 12ArmedGoon

12ArmedGoon Initiate (42) Sep 28, 2016 Kansas
    Trader

You can sign up in the taproom on Monday, July 6th at 5pm. They have 100 spots available. If there's anything left, they'll put them online Tuesday.

This year it is $400 for (I think) 20 bottles. Two of each. Eight stout/barleywine, and two mixed fermentation/sour.

brock125 likes this.
  3. Eyedoc27

Trader

Thank you for the info. Do you know if proxies are allowed to pick up the bottles when they are released?

4. 12ArmedGoon

Trader

Yes, proxies are allowed, but there's only a two week pickup window this year. When you sign up, there's a spot to assign a permanent proxy, but I think if you don't have one, you can assign that later. I know they don't want you to change it once it's done though.

They've also said something to the effect of if your permanent can't make it, they'll work with you to make sure you get it through another proxy, but they definitely prefer if you can just use one. They also don't have to be a member to proxy, FYI.

5. 12ArmedGoon

Trader

Sorry, after looking at the email it's only 16 bottles. I know I read somewhere that two of them were sours, so only six stout/barleywine releases.

6. 12ArmedGoon

Trader

7. Eyedoc27

Trader

This is very helpful. Thank you!

12ArmedGoon likes this.
  8. adschal1

adschal1 Initiate (37) Dec 7, 2018 Ohio
    Trader

If anyone joins and is interested in setting up some membership to membership trades, shoot me a message. I'm a Jackie O, Horus, and Private Press member.

9. dispensingchem

dispensingchem Initiate (39) Sep 19, 2017 California
    Trader

Hi, I am looking for a proxy to help assist me get signed up for this years membership offering for American Solera. I have a number really nice stouts from North Park , Modern Times, and bottle logic to offer up for the kind assistance. For regular proxy pick ups (if successful) would include regular Monkish as I work 10 minutes away. Please PM if your able/willing to help with the sign up as I can be very generous in kind.

10. RedhawkPoke

RedhawkPoke Aspirant (284) Jan 30, 2017 Oklahoma
    Trader

Got myself a membership. Went pretty smooth. Got there around 1:30 local time. Started passing out tickets (membership cards) at 4. There were tickets to be had around 4:45.

dispensingchem and MLDucky like this.