Amway Center Area Recommendations (Orlando)

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by ZAP, Mar 11, 2017.

1. ZAP

ZAP Poo-Bah (3,398) Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota

Will be at Amway Center in Orlando for NCAA Tournament in about a week.

Any top craft beer/food places within walking distance?

I see

Tap & Grind .3 miles away
    World of Beer 1.3 miles away

Is this a safe area to be walking. Guessing it is but I have never been there.

Ten10 could be a stop via vehicle before the tournament on our way to Amway or after..

Any favorites out of these? Any other ideas. Mainly looking for Florida, and beers from southern U.S. I don’t have access to in Minnesota.

2. lionssoccer13

lionssoccer13 Aspirant (263) Jun 30, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Tap and Grind is the best beer place near the arena. The Woods usually has good taps on as well. They also have great cocktails and in that same vein The Courtesy is a world class cocktail establishment.

The area is totally safe. You might get hassled by a couple bums but no more than any other larger city's downtown bar scene.

Thirst_trappist and johnyb like this.
  3. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (370) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Going to Wrestlemania so this thread applies to me as well! Thanks for posting this

4. thirstygator

thirstygator Initiate (176) Mar 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Frank & Stein's is pretty decent too and has food, beers and liquor...

johnyb likes this.
  5. Blazer06

Blazer06 Initiate (172) Jun 30, 2008 Florida
    Beer Trader

The Courtesy is great. I typically end up there every time I'm staying in Orlando.

6. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Initiate (86) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Beer Trader

All valid suggestions

7. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (114) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Broken Strings/Black Cauldron is pretty good. It is right next to the new Soccer stadium. I would Uber there as walking from Amway to there would put you on the edge of the hood.
    For proximity Tap & Grind.. plus there is an awesome Argentinean place attached to it for great food. While you are here message me if you have any questions. I will blag to help you have a good time in my city

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.