Ananke Day 2013!

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by bccocx, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsnich

wsnich Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2010 Texas

First time attending. What time does Freetail open and what time does Ananke go on sale?

2. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Texas

Ananke goes on sale when Freetail opens, which is 11:30am.

3. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Disciple (370) Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

11 ;-)

xpimptastikx and illy0sis like this.
  4. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Texas

It's always a blur...

5. starkmarvelo

Beer Trader

it ends up being that way. Especially when I get home and realize I bought a bunch of random beers from Gabriel's afterwards.

jamescain likes this.
  6. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Disciple (300) Mar 12, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

7. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2012 Texas

Jl28r1 wants to trade Cascade Apricot for hair? How much you want bro? I only have a few ounces of hair since it's short right now.

8. mrkmrk

mrkmrk Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

My hair is soft and supple.

Clonies720 likes this.
  9. miikezombie

miikezombie Aspirant (247) Aug 13, 2010 Texas

Hopefully someone can help him out. He has been ISO for years.

Edit: I will throw in a Pizza Beer! if it helps him out.

canadianghetto likes this.
  10. mattisloco

mattisloco Devotee (413) Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

Would a merkin do the trick?

mrkmrk likes this.
  11. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Devotee (438) Apr 26, 2007 Texas

He could make himself a mullet with my back hair. I already have an Apricot though. Sorry, John!

12. Clonies720

Final offer: I'll go ounce for ounce on a trade of hair for Cascade Apricot. Take it or leave it.

13. mattisloco

mattisloco Devotee (413) Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

San Antonio folks seeing rain Friday and Saturday in the forecast?

14. wreckem8010

wreckem8010 Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2010 Texas

It's looking like a small chance for now, ~30%. This will be my first ananke release. Hopefully I can make the bottle share (I don't have any real walez unfortunately), but it will depend on what time I can get off work. Definitely picking up a few ananke bottles though. Freetail has made my first year here in SA tremendoussss.

starkmarvelo and mattisloco like this.
  15. miikezombie

Hope you have 25.35oz of hair.

16. Clonies720

How much Ananke is everyone planning on buying? I plan on at least a 1.5 to 2 cases.

starkmarvelo likes this.
  17. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Texas

You still got a couple of those bottles reserved for me?

18. miikezombie

1 pallet.

FUNKPhD and mattisloco like this.
  19. bccocx

bccocx Devotee (428) Jan 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

I seriously doubt that some of you will be able to walk away with 1-2 cases. There will be between 58-62 cases (700-750 bottles). I'm aiming for 2-3 bottles if possible.

20. miikezombie

I'm sure they will enforce a bottle limit depending on the turn out. Last year I could have bought way more than the case and a half I picked up.

Edit: From the sound of things it seems like the turn out will be much higher than last year.

21. starkmarvelo

Beer Trader

3-5 bottles...I have people to answer to.

22. Clonies720

Yes sir. I need to get at least a case though if I'm gonna be able to fill everyone's requests locally and in other states.

23. wreckem8010

wreckem8010 Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2010 Texas

Depends on how many barrels I can carry into my vehicle.

Realistically about 3 bottles. Hashtag college budget problems.

starkmarvelo likes this.
  24. Clonies720

If I don't get my bottle limits, I will be open to trading for however much I need. Westy 12, Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, glassware, maybe even some homebrew equipment. Whatever your poison. Belgian things and stouts are my specialty.

25. starkmarvelo

Beer Trader

FTFY :grinning:

wreckem8010 and Clonies720 like this.
  26. SeaSparrow

SeaSparrow Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2010 Texas

I won't be able to make it, but if anyone going (esp any Houstonians) could to spare a bottle I would be much obliged! It is one Freetail I have never gotten to try yet, BM me and we can work something out. Thanks!

27. AAxsom

AAxsom Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 Texas

Can anyone from DFW mule me 2 bottles by chance? I've got some Supplication and...something else we can figure out to make up for me. BM me.

28. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

I was looking to get five to six cases to get split four ways. Based on how long it sat around last year, I don't think that would be an issue?

29. mrkmrk

mrkmrk Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

I'll probably grab around six bottles as well as one for a friend. I guess we'll see.

30. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2011 Texas

If anybody is bringing any back to DFW if will buy a bottle or 2. Of course I will pitch in for the gas, etc.

31. Clonies720

Checked with Freetail. Bottle limits= # of bottles available/# of people there for the release.

Shit. I really need to get at least a case and a half. GO AWAY!

32. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas

I won't be surprised if there turns out to be a 4-6 bottle limit this year.

33. FreetailBrewing

FreetailBrewing Initiate (150) Jun 23, 2007 Texas

Sorry for not chiming in earlier.

Here's my answered to the common question around bottle limits:

Limit will be determined by the following mathematical formula* about 10:45am on Saturday:

[Final Number of Bottles] / [Number of People Who Have Shown Up to Buy Them]

So, everyone who wants some will get some. I realize this is less than ideal for traders, so allow me to express my rationale.

While I respect and actually really dig the trading community, traders come second to consumers in my personal hierarchy. I don't ever want to shut out someone who wants to drink my beer and made an effort to come to the brewery to get it because someone is going to trade it for something else. Again, no disrespect to traders, it's just that the people who want to drink Freetail beer themselves come first for me.

Seeing things like KBS being limited to 6 cases in Houston (don't know if this is right, I saw on twitter) only strenthens this opinion for me. I want beer to remain a democratic beverage we can all participate in, not something that creates people who are "in" and people who are "out". Sure, as demand exceeds supply, some people will get left out, that's the nature of the beast, but I want to do everything in my power to make sure everyone gets a shot.

Cheers,

Scott

34. Clonies720

Now Scott makes me re-consider reserved societies.... Can't wait for the Ananke! One of my favorite sours hands down. See y'all there, Scott!

35. bccocx

bccocx Devotee (428) Jan 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

Anyone have a FiftyFifty Eclipse they might want to trade? E.C. would be preferred, but I just really want to try any of them. I could trade Westy 12 + 8 or others for that (Abyss / Dissident).

36. miikezombie

Lol @ people trading beer before they have it in hand.

air, wagenvolks, mrkmrk and 3 others like this.
  37. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

Some people pre lots.

38. mhenson42

mhenson42 Zealot (535) Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

So much for getting several cases like last year. lol. I think this thread is gonna make Scott bump the bottle price up a few bucks.

39. starkmarvelo

Beer Trader

Man, wouldn't it be awesome if Peche'cus came in bottles? :stuck_out_tongue:

air, wreckem8010 and FUNKPhD like this.
  40. Sethzilla

Sethzilla Initiate (187) Oct 10, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

My only goal is to find Brad. I failed at this pretty bad two weekends ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.