1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to add-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Anchorage Brewing - A Deal With The Devil

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rochefort10nh

Rochefort10nh Champion (893) Sep 30, 2005 New Hampshire
    Trader

Good God I hope so!

2. flayedandskinned

flayedandskinned Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2011 California

hail satan, bro

JG-90, DrChadly, luwak and 10 others like this.
  3. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Devotee (404) Jul 31, 2010 California
    Trader

Please tell me you're trolling. The label is so offensive, that you wont even keep a bottle in your house? This is like saying Rock n Roll and album covers are inherently Satanic. And that if there's an "evil" song on the radio, its ok, you'll listen to it. But never in your own home. Thats just weird, man.

4. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2012 California

Ned Flanders is on beeradvocate?

5. imbrue001

imbrue001 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

No im serious. I explained why i wont keep a bottle. Im not talking about album covers but if I was, then no, I wouldnt hang a slayer pentagram poster on my wall (even though im sure their whole evil act is part novelty) for the same reason as the bottle. There are no 'evil' songs on the radio so its not an issue. I know its weird for many, thats ok. I'll drink Love Buzz, Whiteout Wit, Bitter Monk when/if i ever see them again. Again, enjoy your beer. :slight_smile:

6. Chrispy

Chrispy Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2012 Washington

So if I hang some pentagrams around my beer you would be scared to get near them?

JG-90 likes this.
  7. imbrue001

No. Who said I was scared?

8. Chrispy

Just wondering how far your feelings go. I just find it ridiculous that you could drink a beer on tap and "feel okay about it" but would not want a bottle in your house because the label says devil or something related. I would just never have thought people have feelings like you do. To be at a bar and think it is okay to drink something just because the devil label is not staring you in the face. But hey, learn something new every day. If that is how you feel it is not like us discussing it on hear is going to change it.

edit: For your sake, I hope none of the bottles make it to Pennsylvania and Washington gets more. So that this beer does have to make you feel uncomfortable drinking it.

Psychmusic and waltersrj like this.
  9. imbrue001

?? it wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable drinking. Perhaps if they used goats blood or something.. but beer is beer.

10. Chrispy

This gives the impression that you are not entirely comfortable drinking a beer with some reference to the devil since you just "feel okay about it" and you are uncomfortable with a bottle sitting in your house.

JG-90 likes this.
  11. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Defender (621) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Hey...how about discussing this guys issues with satanic symbology, we discuss this awesome sounding beer. Who really gives a shit if this guy won't drink it because of the label? It's his choice. Why do you need to understand why he feels that way or even care?

Let's talk about the beer.

12. Chrispy

I don't really care, I just said I found it interesting since I have never heard of anyone feeling that way. Sometimes when I find something interesting I want to learn more or understand more.

Back to the beer.

I had a couple of pours of this at Brouwers Hard Liver festival and it was phenomenal.

13. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (1,871) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina

I recall it being $12 and amazing. Since they put the inception series in bombers it saves on the cost. I need to find my bottle of 2011 Brandy Barrel Eclipse when I'm back in the states.

14. effyeaAB

effyeaAB Initiate (0) May 28, 2012 New York

Black Betty is a perfect beer sooooooo, I need Sexy Betty.

Also, don't clog threads with this bullshit about symbols and their meanings or whatever. PM eachother about that nonsense.

15. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio

Not that it matters, but the "evil act" by Slayer is WHOLE part novelty. Almost all, if not all members, (past and present R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman) were/are Catholic. They just think the "evil" lyrics and music sound and look cool.

Icarus likes this.
  16. Sampman

Sampman Initiate (0) May 26, 2013 Alabama

Damn ABV laws, I think we're capped at 13.9% if I recall correctly.

17. walterfredo

walterfredo Initiate (179) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

the satanic talk is absolutely hilarious! I can honestly say this beer is hands down the best beer I tasted in all of 2013. I was lucky enough to get to drink a fair share of this on a few occasions...believe the hype, it IS that good. And I think the name is absolutely perfect. In order to craft a beer with this ABV, that tastes as smooth and silky as it does, and doesn't taste boozy whatsoever....you would definitely have to make a deal with the devil.

luwak and BrewBoone like this.
  18. chippo33

chippo33 Meyvn (1,170) Feb 29, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

Any release date or sightings of this bottle out there yet?

19. WeaponTheyFear

WeaponTheyFear Aspirant (206) Mar 9, 2008 Connecticut

You do know Tom Araya is a devote Catholic right?

JohnnyMc likes this.
  20. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2012 Colorado

that's what he wants you to think

anyways, any idea if this will hit Colorado?

luwak likes this.
  21. imbrue001

I never said nor implied that the band or anyone in it was a satanist. What Tom is doesn't matter. Apparently its ok for him to be Catholic, but humourous for me to be a Christian and not want devil imagery in my own house. Deal with it bro. I forgot about this thread weeks ago

22. anteater

anteater Champion (807) Sep 10, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

BEER talk after this line ONLY and freedom of religious beliefs for everyone!

<=============================================>

23. threeviews

threeviews Zealot (557) Apr 18, 2011 Florida

Despite their small output, Anchorage is one of those breweries doing exceptional things. Yes, The Alchemist is redefining the Double/Imperial IPA style with Heady Topper, but Anchorage is far exceeding them with flavor complexity, variety and kick-ass silk screened, cork/caged bottles...for my money, I'll take those that come my way from Anchorage Brewing Co.!

24. steebo777

steebo777 Devotee (413) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Real talk: I want this beer bad and will trade any Michigan releases for it (4elf, solstice, etc.)

AlaskanJames likes this.
  25. Inglewood

Inglewood Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 Illinois

18th St brewery already made an apa with that name and it was the truth

cestlavie likes this.
  26. beerme411

beerme411 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2010 California

Does anyone have more info about when or where it will be releseased beyond sometime after the 21st when the beer fest is?

27. itracy63

itracy63 Disciple (395) Apr 20, 2013 Washington

Absolutely! We're supposed to be getting Bourbon County up here and I've decided I might just pass on those so I can buy more Deal With the Devil.

luwak likes this.
  28. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2012 Colorado

send some my way

29. PaulStoneAnchor

PaulStoneAnchor Disciple (328) May 30, 2009 California

I am definitely hoping this makes it to the San Francisco Area, I really want to try this!

30. TheBrewViking

TheBrewViking Initiate (153) Dec 13, 2010 Alaska

It will be on tap for the Great Alaskan Beer and Barleywine Festival on the 18th of this month. 17.3% abv should be a good beer to start off the festival with.... its ok though I've been training for this.

nikalus31 and KevSal like this.
  31. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,497) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

At this point, I'm assuming this isn't going to find its way to LI. Such a shame.
    I have loved all the Anchorage beers I've had. A bit pricey, but always top-notch.

cestlavie likes this.
  32. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Zealot (503) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

no shit, I think we are capped around 15 or something. but like I've been told many times we do get beers over that just depends on the beer. personally I think it's BS that there any caps on beer. Since I can get whole grain alcohol I should be able to get any beer.

JohnnyMc likes this.
  33. flayedandskinned

flayedandskinned Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2011 California

34. PaulStoneAnchor

PaulStoneAnchor Disciple (328) May 30, 2009 California

Any Anchorage natives interested in a pretrade? :slight_smile:

35. alfie

alfie Initiate (154) Apr 16, 2013 Michigan

I'm also ISO.

36. FISHTHEINFAMOUS

FISHTHEINFAMOUS Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2009 New Jersey

wow, almost impossible for me to get a bottle

37. phishbfm

phishbfm Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina

Count me as one who wants this one badly.

BorisKarloff and TheBeerAlmanac like this.
  38. kdlz

kdlz Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio

Ohio legislation is attempting to increase abv from 12% to 21%. Fingers crossed.

jdmandel, JohnnyMc and baconman91 like this.
  39. unclekeith

unclekeith Crusader (754) Sep 4, 2012 Alaska
    Trader

KevSal likes this.
  40. Bond111

Bond111 Initiate (175) Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota

Chalk another ISO to the list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.