Angels to your rest Fraggle

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by rmdownward, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmdownward

rmdownward Initiate (160) Feb 10, 2007 California

As posted by Wendy Graves, who has been with Fraggle since the stroke, with the blessing of his dad, Fraggle has been pronounced all but brain dead. He is expected no more than 2 or 3 days.

Major suck age.

2. huadog

huadog Aspirant (223) May 13, 2009 California
    Brewery Trader

this is crazy :slight_frown: i don't know that i said more than 10 words to the man but saw him everywhere and heard stories galore from craft beer to early punk.

3. afrokaze

afrokaze Zealot (570) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Brewery

RIP Fraggle.

4. cpferris

cpferris Initiate (73) Jan 22, 2008 Indiana
    Trader

Back in late 2009 when I first moved to SF, I was looking for a place we could do a monthly bottle share. Shortly there after Beer Rev opened and Fraggle reached out to me to say we could hold the tastings there. Over the next few years we opened some great beers there. He was always such a generous person and will really be missed.

RIP Fraggle

Rzzzzz, afrokaze, KevSal and 2 others like this.
  5. DrewBeechum

DrewBeechum Meyvn (1,024) Mar 15, 2003 California

Count me among the floored. I only got to spend a few hours with Fraggle, but he had that important quality of making you feel like you really mattered.

6. henryspam

henryspam Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2009 California

Great guy, great attitude, gave us all good times at beer rev. Rest in peace!

7. danscott

danscott Aspirant (206) Jul 15, 2006 California

Well, shit.

Cheers, old friend.

huadog likes this.
  8. nataku00

nataku00 Champion (861) Apr 5, 2010 California

Wow, a great loss for the craft beer community. A great man who will be missed.

9. theconductor

theconductor Initiate (184) Nov 4, 2008 California

Very glad I met him for the first time this year during Sac Beer Week. A legacy and a legend.

RobertV916 likes this.
  10. Ynot2

Ynot2 Initiate (159) Jul 24, 2009 California
    Trader

Man that sucks. He will truly be missed. RIP friend

11. davemont

davemont Initiate (117) Feb 20, 2008 California

Just saw him at Sour Fest. I only had a few conversations with him over the years, but all were interesting. I know he commanded a lot of respect in the craft community, and he certainly was one of those unique characters who added so much to the California beer scene. He will be missed.

ryno09 likes this.
  12. scottfrie

scottfrie Poo-Bah (3,286) Aug 28, 2009 California
    Society Trader

This is incredibly sad news. He always way a pleasure to talk to and seemed like a great guy. He will be missed.

13. MLucky

MLucky Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 California

Awful, awful news. So sad. RIP, brother.

14. rossthefireman

rossthefireman Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2008 California

While I have only seen the man at beer fests, I did have a coresponence with him via PM on this site about how to open a beer bar and what needed to be done (Myself and a partner are looking to open a carft beer bar in the far East Bay). He was more than forthcoming with great information and seemed interestd in my idea. Anyways I always thought very highly of him, he could have just told me to google it or pound sand.
    A sad time, he is one of the reasons craft beer really took off in the Bay Area and put Oakland on the map as a beer destination.
    Rest assured, the name "Fraggle" will live on as legend in the Bay Area.

15. kaseydad

kaseydad Meyvn (1,162) Nov 23, 2008 California
    Trader

Brought great beer to the East Bay when it was not on the map and no mistaken the man at Revo or brewfest's. Very sad to hear but he left a legacy behind to be proud of. My condolences to his family.

16. MisterClean

MisterClean Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2008 California

Huge loss to the beer community. Always helpful on ba posts and very welcoming when I visited beer rev. Hopefully heaven has ever flowing taps of younger and kbs. RIP Fraggle.

17. Rzzzzz

Rzzzzz Devotee (420) Nov 10, 2007 California

Somehow just finding out about this. Very sad. He will be missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.