Any Pliny the Younger in Bend?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by raynmoon, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raynmoon

raynmoon Champion (801) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado
    Trader

Heading up to bend tomorrow and could not grab it here in San Francisco. Has anybody heard if it is coming to bend next week or this weekend?

2. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Disciple (313) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

PtY hasn't hit Oregon yet, and isn't due to arrive until later this week or early next week.

3. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,503) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

What Chris said. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the only town in Oregon outside of PDX that has ever gotten any younger is Salem (Venti's cafe). A number of places in Eugene sell a fair amount of RR beer, and I know they're really pushing to get a keg this year, but the expectation is that Eugene will be shut out again. My guess is that Bend will fair the same.

4. AugiePrimrose

AugiePrimrose Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2009 Illinois

In the past, Bend has received PtY several times. I don't live in Bend anymore, but last I heard/read...the Younger release had become one of those ticketed events at The Platypus Pub.

5. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,159) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

As Augie said, it's been here before, but was MIA last year. Fingers crossed.

6. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Oregon

to the OP:

Although you may be on a Younger scavenger hunt, Boneyard in Bend will quench your IPA thirst. If you can find Hop Venom or Notorious, they are worthy substitutes

ballardbeer and flexabull like this.
  7. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,068) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

I had Blind Pig on tap, but didn't see any RR bottles in Bend this trip. Are they cutting back allocations?

8. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,159) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

It seems so, -tions seem to be drying up, and Pliny seems less frequent (though I'm no long-time resident). If de garde can ramp up distribution I could forgo RR, but until then sometimes I just get the itch...

9. MattyPrize

MattyPrize Initiate (119) Jul 7, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

RR allocations in Bend have dried up from a bottle standpoint. You will occasionally see a couple cases of PtE come through Brew Shop and sell in a day or two. As for the -tion beers, they are few and far between. Platypus usually has either PtE on tap, or have it in the back. Jersey Boys pizza in Redmond also had Blind Pig for a while.

Edit - No word on PtY in Bend this year yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.