Anyone from the NW going to DLD?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by TheBronze, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBronze

TheBronze Disciple (389) Apr 16, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

Just checking because it would be nice to share a drink there if you are heading to Dark Lord Day. I should be relocating to Seattle soon, so thought I might say hi ahead of time.

2. ford0626

ford0626 Aspirant (241) Oct 5, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I just moved to Seattle from Chicago 6 months ago, and used to go to dld every year.
    Always looking for cool tasting buddies out here. Still haven't made to many beer friends yet.
    Drag out some DL and we can do some rare stuff from out here in a tasting.
    I do a tasting once a week with a buddy I met out here in a ip trade that manages a bottle shop out here.
    They do many invite only 20 person bottle tastings that have a great turn out.
    Let me know.

3. TheBronze

Beer Trader

I'll gladly bring some Dark Lord out to share with anyone who wants to try - nothing required on your end! I lived in Seattle for a few years, had to move back to Ohio for a bit, and now can't wait to go back to my 'home' for good.

4. ijaap

ijaap Initiate (165) Jan 5, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Would love to get in on a weekly/monthly bottle share. I don't know too many people out here who enjoy craft beer like us BA's. Wish I could make it out to the east side for DLD.

5. Adamostella

Adamostella Zealot (593) Apr 3, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

Add me to the list too, moved out here last year from Ohio, always looking for a good group of people to share some stuff with.

6. Eighty

Eighty Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2013 Washington

I'd love to be included as well. Just getting into this, so I'm always looking to try new beer and meet other BAs. Don't have a huge collection yet, but it's growing and I'm happy to share.

7. TysonA

TysonA Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I would like to be included in this as well. Lived in Seattle forever but happy to meet up with local BA's and share a bottle or two.

8. Adamostella

Beer Trader

Figured I'd give this thread some life.

Anyone else out there sitting on one of the BA variants? I have an '11 Brandy if we ever wanted to put a blowout tasting together.

ijaap likes this.
  9. TysonA

Beer Trader

I wish! I am just getting my hands on my first ever bottle of DL in one of my trades.

10. TheBronze

Beer Trader

I'd be happy to open a Dark Lord with 4 or 5 people - preference to those who have not tried it yet - when I finally get out to Seattle. This will probably be another few months. I'll ask for interested parties when the time comes as I'm not going to keep track of names now. Also would be up for an occasional bottle share or just grabbing a drink at Fremont brewery. Cheers!

ijaap likes this.
  11. Lansman

Lansman Aspirant (236) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I pulled a Bourbon Vanilla and Port DL variant this year, and will be relocating to Seattle in the very near future. When you guys (and gals?) pull something together, I would be most interested in throwing some whalez into the mix for a nice tasting.

12. ijaap

ijaap Initiate (165) Jan 5, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Hopefully this little group gets going, I love to share my beer and don't get the opportunity to do so often enough.

TysonA likes this.
  13. Adamostella

Beer Trader

Excellent, let me know when you get here and we can set it up!

14. TysonA

Beer Trader

Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to sharing some beers.

ijaap likes this.
  15. TheEarl

TheEarl Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2012 Washington

Agreed.

ijaap likes this.
  16. ford0626

ford0626 Aspirant (241) Oct 5, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I have a murdered out i can add to it!

ijaap and TheBronze like this.
  17. Hanserelli

Hanserelli Initiate (199) Feb 25, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'd also like to get in on something like this.

I've got a Stone Vertical Epic flight (2006 - 2012) just collecting dust in my beer cellar right now. Would love to share it with some likeminded beer enthusiasts.

ijaap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.