Aslin Beer Co. Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Dirtyhands, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coquet

coquet Initiate (93) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

For the last few months, they've only been releasing cans on Thursdays. Cans usually sell out within a few hours, and sometimes in the first 90 minutes.

2. Beers-es

Beers-es Champion (895) Oct 30, 2015 Virginia

Yep. Very rarely they'll have some cans left on Friday, but you can't count on it. Growlers though.

3. FLASHMSTRC

FLASHMSTRC Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2015 Virginia

Agree 100%. I know it's hard to have the patience, but it's worth the wait, trust me!

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  4. scottDC

scottDC Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2013 District of Columbia

The Berliner is drinking great right now. Some of their previous goses and berliners have tasted like straight juice, but this one has really nice tartness and tastes like a fruited beer instead of mango juice.

5. PComninaki

PComninaki Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 Virginia

That Neutrino is pretty damn close to TG DDH Pseudo Sue

6. Beers-es

I'm drinking a growler of MOK I got filled yesterday, and man is it good. Like, top 10 beers ever good. Fruit and dank in perfect harmony.

Gumbo_gravy and Dirtyhands like this.
  7. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

IMO, the neutrino cans should not have been sold, especially when they knew something was wrong with them (I assume this is why they held these for a week). Even without pouring the last couple ounces of the can, I'm still getting a little bit of a burn in my throat.

I'll wait a couple months before going back, they need to get their QC in check if they are going to be charging a premium.

8. thomas2357

thomas2357 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2011 Virginia

The are offering refunds for Neutrino for cans you bring back. I'm torn what to do. I really like the beer, but I measured, I had to toss the last 4 ounces.

9. i_run_far

Deactivated

I didn't see that offer, where did the post it?

10. thomas2357

My friend emailed them and they wrote back they would offer refunds.

11. Dirtyhands

Dirtyhands Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Maryland

Master of oranges may be favorite beer from Aslin so far.

Beers-es likes this.
  12. Dirtyhands

Dirtyhands Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Maryland

God damn.

Beers-es likes this.
  13. jfclark

jfclark Initiate (0) May 2, 2012 New York

My bottles of Neutrino from the December release had the same issue -- they were basically undrinkable.

14. Goobawl

Goobawl Initiate (44) Jan 24, 2015 Maryland

Same here, bottles had a bunch of green sludge and slight burn on the throat throughout.

15. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Champion (818) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia

everyone on untappd: FIVE CAPS

16. Sip404

Sip404 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2017 Virginia

I really like DDH Neutrino but I'm relieved that it wasn't just me finding the orange stuff at the bottom of my glass.

Did anyone notice Johann the Mango Thief cans being crazy dry on the palate about midway through? I'm wondering if it's the vanilla.

17. Goobawl

Goobawl Initiate (44) Jan 24, 2015 Maryland

Don't get me wrong I still really enjoy most of their beers but if you are going to charge a premium price the QC should be in check, I usually see sludge in most of the cans from day 1. I had a DDH Stillings St. last night canned at the beg of Jan, no sludge at all.

ElijahSF likes this.
  18. Henryb22

Henryb22 Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2014 South Carolina

Got a large amount of hop sludge/residue in a can of heavy mettle last night.

With these NE style IPAs they don't filter so if it's dry hopped which 90% there is going to be hop particulate in the beer.

Doesn't really bother me.

19. i_run_far

Deactivated

I agree that some hop particles/sludge is expected and it typically doesn't bother me either but it was excessive in the Neutrino cans and it hadn't all settled at the bottom of the can so a lot of it poured out with the last 2-4oz(12 days after canning anyway). I imagine when I open another can next week, there will be 1/2 inch of sludge at the bottom.

20. thomas2357

I think/hopeful that it will settle a lot more in the next week or so.

21. Sip404

Yeah man, I don't disagree. That dry hop messes with my throat unfortunately but if I'm paying Aslin or Veil prices then I should be more upset.

ElijahSF likes this.
  22. Sip404

Sorry for the double post but I'm hoping for line updates. I won't be getting out there until 3:30 at the earliest and suspect there'll be enough but who knows. If that MoK release didn't entirely evaporate then I'd assume I'm good to come late on this one.

23. i_run_far

Deactivated

There are about 300 allotments of each beer and at $120+ for all 3 I would guess a lot of people aren't going for the full allotment. I think you will be fine, I think the DOS will be the first to go so there's a chance you miss out on that one but I kind of doubt it.

24. Sip404

Thanks. That's more or less what I figured. I'm all about the Johann series so that's my #1.

25. thomas2357

I just got here and I'm further up than I was last week when I got here at 3:30. Allotments are the same as last week, so you should be good.

26. Sip404

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it all worked out perfectly. I was a little frustrated by the very old asian man and his wife who both got full allotments and then got back in line but *shrug* Just glas I didn't have to fond an excuse to leave work early.

27. thomas2357

Wait, that couple got back in line?? I was laughing when she was having him carry both cases. I joked that she was obviously a mule.

28. YourBoy

YourBoy Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Maryland

this batch of DOS is unreal. I'd put it up there with the special tree house releases.

FLASHMSTRC, thomas2357 and Beers-es like this.
  29. Beers-es

Yeah, I'm drinking a can right now and it's insane. The Astro Zombie is killer too. Standing in line today = worth it.

FLASHMSTRC likes this.
  30. Sip404

Yep. He looked really funny carrying both allotments but...yeah. Not cool.

31. thomas2357

Going to say all 3 beers from today are outstanding. Johann is probably the first beer I've ever had that made me say, oh this is what a juice bomb is. If you told me it was 5.5%, I'd believe you. DOJ is fantastic, and Astro is a solid pale ale.

32. Cpmitchno1

Cpmitchno1 Crusader (786) Jan 7, 2015 Virginia

Yesterday was the first time I was able to get cans at Aslin. I stopped by around 5:40 or so and they still had a decent amount of Astro Zombie and Passion of Johann with no wait. It's good to see these lasting at least long enough to give those of us who work for set times a chance to get some releases.

33. LanguedocRocks

LanguedocRocks Initiate (170) Aug 21, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Not once have I had this issue with growler fills, so I find it interesting that it seems to only be happening with cans.

34. BP_VA

BP_VA Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2016 Virginia

Does anyone know if they have any cans leftover from yesterday? Day off and thinking about coming up from Richmond.
    Thanks

35. Sip404

Should be. They had 15 cases of each left after the line yesterday.

36. Beers-es

Sounds like they ran out of DOS for sure, but you can get growlers of all I imagine. They'll release the day's info soon on their facebook page.

37. nimbleprop

nimbleprop Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2008 District of Columbia

Cans from this recent batch of Mind the Hop were quite chunky at the bottom.

38. Beers-es

I'm drinking a 3/1 can of Astro Zombie, and at a week old, I have to say it's on point. DOS as well. I normally like IPAs as fresh as possible, but there's something to be said for giving them a week or two.

Prince_Casual and Gumbo_gravy like this.
  39. i_run_far

Deactivated

No release tomorrow? Or did they not post the info on IG (I don't use FB)? Maybe after all the bitching they are going to attempt a Saturday release this week.

40. thomas2357

No info at all yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.