Aslin Beer Co. Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Dirtyhands, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLASHMSTRC

FLASHMSTRC Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2015 Virginia

SUNDAY, JANUARY 8 RELEASE:
    HOURS: 12pm - 4pm
    We will be releasing remaining kegs, approximately 3 kegs each, of the following beers with prices. Limits are 128oz per person and 64oz per beer. When sold out we will be closed for the day. We have a new order of glass growlers for sale ($5) and some stainless growlers left for ($69.99). We also have hats, t-shirts, & hoodies for sale. We will be serving/allowing in approximately 20 people at a time in the brewery. WE WILL NOT FILL THIN LONG NECK GROWLERS!! NO ON SITE POURS ARE AVAILABLE!
    •Neutrino: 32oz - $13, 64oz - $26
    •A Small Town In Ontario: 32oz - $12, 64oz - $24
    •Cocoa Mapalm: 32oz -$12, 64oz - $24
    •Berliner Weisse w/ Peach & Cinnamon: 32oz - $12, 64oz - $24

2. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (177) Aug 30, 2013 California

Stainless growlers for $70 is nuts.

WCKDVBZ, mig100 and jfclark like this.
  3. ElijahSF

Anyone know if they're still doing crowlers? I have a friend visiting this weekend and don't want to pay $70 on top of the cost for a 64 ounce fill.

4. ElijahSF

A stainless 2L growler from my local brewery costs $25. I'd like to hear why theirs costs as much as it does.

5. Gumbo_gravy

Gumbo_gravy Aspirant (202) Jan 31, 2015 District of Columbia
    Trader

They're not doing crowlers. However, pretty sure they'll fill any glass. $5 64 oz growler from a grocery they'll fill or tell friend to bring glass from where ever.

6. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,257) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Agreed, I bought a stainless 64oz growler from The Alchemist for $15. Aslin is getting a little out of hand with their pricing. The anniversary party, bottles and now growlers.

Don't like it, don't buy it is a good motto w/them lately.

ElijahSF likes this.
  7. beernuts

beernuts Disciple (341) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

There is also a big difference between a plain stainless growler and a vacuum insulated stainless growler. Plain stainless is terrible, its a much better heat conductor than glass so your beer will get warm quick. The insulated ones are nice. I don't know which one Aslin sells, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

bushycook likes this.
  8. LanguedocRocks

LanguedocRocks Initiate (186) Aug 21, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Because the ones they sell are the "Drink Tank" brand. They retail at like $69 for the 64oz size. I would never consider buying one of those as I think it's a bit pointless, but we all know how it goes in an area where people have lots of disposable income to spend.

WCKDVBZ likes this.
  9. GeuzeInTheHouse

GeuzeInTheHouse Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2016 District of Columbia

I bought a growler from them this week for $70. Initially I thought it was expensive but did some research on the brand DrinkTanks, in which they are selling. They are cheaper than the ones I found on amazon, and have their logo. DrinkTanks are vacuum sealed and will hold liquid cold for 24 hours and hot for 12. I guarantee the stainless growler you bough for $15 does not have that capability. They sell a better vessel like, glass growler, thank the stainless one you bought for $5 which is very reasonable IMO.

10. ElijahSF

Aslin regular beer drinkers must do a lot of camping as I can't think of many situations that I need my growler to be cold for 24 hours, I'd be more impressed if it kept the beer fresh for 24 days.

Prince_Casual and WCKDVBZ like this.
  11. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (260) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

Like Gumbo said you dont have to buy the growler there. But they won't fill the skinny long neck growlers. If you can drop a quarter through the top they will fill it.

12. beernuts

Trader

I actually have a 32oz Aslin branded growler that I bought from them, I gave it the quarter test and the quarter doesn't fit.

Prince_Casual, pmarlowe and ElijahSF like this.
  13. Gumbo_gravy

Trader

I've been curosity what they mean by skinny long neck growlers. I haven't been out yet since I'm still working through the first bottle release. but I'm wondering what they mean by that.

14. beernuts

Trader

Do a google image search for "32 oz tired hands growler", the first few pics will be of the skinny long neck growler.

15. Gumbo_gravy

Trader

Damn those are what I have from Hardywood Park. Those are the only 32 oz growlers I've ever seen.

16. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

They have glass growlers for sale, $5 for the 32oz, I think the 64oz. are the same price.

17. i_run_far

Deactivated

Can release this Thursday, Astro Zombie ($4.25) and Macarooned ($5). 4 cans per person of each beer, ~40 cases of each beer.

18. Gumbo_gravy

Trader

I would definitley be in line for those. If I wasn't flying out to Utah for the long weekend. Hope they turn out great. Glad the boys decided to start canning.

19. downesadam

downesadam Initiate (64) Jun 24, 2016 Maryland

Looking for a little input from some Aslin locals:
    Driving up from Berlin to head to Deep Creek this weekend. I was thinking of stopping by Aslin (and maybe Beltway Brewing?) to fill up some growlers for the weekend.
    Should I expect significant wait times at either brewery at Open on a Friday?
    I've done my fair share of can releases at other breweries but haven't been to these two locations. From what I hear about Aslin, their keg release each day is pretty small (3 per day?).
    I just want to see if it's worth the extra hour out of the way. I have to sell the fiance on the detour if it is worth it.

Cheers and thanks for any input!

20. LanguedocRocks

Trader

If you get to Aslin an hour before open, you should be good. I haven't been in a couple months though, so someone that has been more recently probably has a better idea. They also haven't released what will be available on Friday.

In regards to Beltway, they usually have a couple Grimm beers on for fills that would make it worth it. Just prepare your wallet for their growler prices though.

There is also Ocelot Brewing if you don't want to deal with the Aslin shit show. Their beers are just as good IMO. Ocelot > Beltway would be a good detour. Do Aslin if your fiance has patience.

downesadam likes this.
  21. downesadam

downesadam Initiate (64) Jun 24, 2016 Maryland

Cheers! Thanks for the recommendation.

22. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (360) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

They haven't even said they are doing a keg release, so that's #1 concern. If you're going that far out of your way, and I assume would be highly bummed to be empty handed, I wouldn't call 1hr enough buffer to guarantee you anything #2. So you're now talking about a 3-4hr ordeal to get some growlers. Beltway Brewing has a FB, and they weren't filling growlers last weekend, so I'd keep an eye on that too.

I would suggest posting a FT:ISO in the mid atlantic IP, I'm sure plenty of people in that area still have bottles or a growler you could swap for. Set something up @ Ocelot when you're getting growlers, or @ Beltway while you get a couple Grimm pours.

downesadam likes this.
  23. Beers-es

Beers-es Savant (907) Oct 30, 2015 Virginia

FWIW I got growlers at Beltway last Friday. Did they stop filling on Saturday?

24. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (360) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

25. i_run_far

Deactivated

The post on social media yesterday said 'Growler fills will commence on Friday'

26. Beers-es

Beers-es Savant (907) Oct 30, 2015 Virginia

Their wording was confusing. They were saying that if you don't have a growler with you, they'll sell you one. They have their branded growlers (glass) for sale. The 32 oz one is actually pretty nice, and is one Aslin will fill.

Prince_Casual likes this.
  27. Goobawl

Goobawl Initiate (49) Jan 24, 2015 Maryland

Anyone a mug club member get details on pre-sale?

28. YourBoy

YourBoy Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Maryland

Yes.

29. Goobawl

Tomorrow at 2:30 before regular sale? Or something else?

30. YourBoy

YourBoy Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Maryland

Just that mug club has increased limits of 2 cases per beer.

SFP04 and LanguedocRocks like this.
  31. LanguedocRocks

Trader

If you go to their website and click "Mug Club", a login box pop's up with a password field and release details. I'm assuming they were e-mailed a password to reserve beer for tomorrow..hence the "pre-sale".

32. fire34fighter

fire34fighter Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Virginia

33. nimbleprop

nimbleprop Initiate (131) Apr 4, 2008 District of Columbia

How crazy is this going to be?

34. i_run_far

Deactivated

Too crazy for me, I imagine you'd have to invest 2-3 hours of your day (not including travel) to get beer. If there are 40 cases of each beer, that means there are enough beers for 240 allotments (I can't imagine anyone won't get the full allotment of both beers). Then consider there are 100 mug club members who are guaranteed beers, so that leaves ~140-150 allotments leftover, assuming the majority take advantage. I imagine a large number of mules out there as well.

35. Goobawl

Debating on taking the trip out there but not sure its worth it for 8 cans. How early do you think you need to arrive to get cans?

36. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Aspirant (260) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

First time releasing cans. Limited amount available. 60 degrees today. It is probably going to be a show.

According to the facebook post it sounds like case amounts and limits will be increasing in the near future. I am going to wait until that happens.

thomas2357 likes this.
  37. thomas2357

thomas2357 Initiate (191) Oct 19, 2011 Virginia

Agree with you. First times have been rough for these guys. I'd sit out until they get a good process down.

38. nimbleprop

nimbleprop Initiate (131) Apr 4, 2008 District of Columbia

You're just saying that in hopes a few less people will be in line...

Prince_Casual and thomas2357 like this.
  39. LanguedocRocks

Trader

How's the lot scene looking?

40. Goobawl

Wasn't bad, got there around 2ish back on the road with cans at 3:10. Had 3 or 4 people running checkout...really smooth considering the past on sales. Line was maybe 50 or 60 deep at 3:00.

SFP04 and thomas2357 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.