Assassin 2013

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by tgchief, Apr 8, 2013.

1. eawolff99

eawolff99 May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Any locals (Twin Cities) able to help me out w a couple assassins? And maybe a Morning Delight or 2?? I'll take care of ya!! :)

2. TgBC

TgBC Aug 28, 2011 Iowa

No Assassin on tap unfortunately. It all went to bottles or special projects.

BrettHead likes this.
  3. TgBC

TgBC Aug 28, 2011 Iowa

We're trying hard to make everything run smooth this year. We're setting up a bunch of things for future releases, but they just aren't in the cards this time around. Hopefully everyone can have a great time and can have some patience with the release!

arniepnminne likes this.
  4. Localdrinklax

Localdrinklax Jul 23, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Hope these are reasonable: Darklord, Darkness 09 & 10, King Henry, The Abyss?

5. Bond111

Bond111 Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I have to work until 5 on Saturday, but hope to make to trip after work, if there is any left.

6. randjuke

randjuke Feb 13, 2010 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Yeah a lot's going to depend on the volume of people that show up, which is difficult to predict, and how they behave. I think giving out numbers to people in line is a great idea.

7. jkwikkel

jkwikkel Mar 18, 2008 Iowa

Maybe one or two of those.

Localdrinklax likes this.
  8. shebby

shebby Feb 29, 2012 Utah
    Beer Trader

This is one of the coolest bottles I've ever seen...love the wax!

[​IMG]

Ristaccia, Penguin3200 and tgchief like this.
  9. mtrutlin

mtrutlin Apr 4, 2012 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Hopefully they'll be using some sort of ticketing system to make sure people don't pick up their limit, put them the bottles in the car and get right back in line to buy more. It'd be nice if everyone was honest at these releases and didn't try and figure a way around the bottle limit, but there always seems to be a few people who find a way around the system to get as many bottles as possible using the old "I'm getting them for trading partners" excuse to justify their actions.

minnesotaryan likes this.
  10. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

depends on what the crowd is like and how many extra you get. I went back for seconds at Steel Toes Lunker release, however you can still go get more bottles at the tap room, and I could tell by the meager crowd they weren't going to be running out any time soon. However with the CW15 release, that is a different story.

11. mtrutlin

Beer Trader

I suppose, but my understanding is that TG is hoping to have this beer last through the weekend (and possibly even send a few bottles out to stores/bars in the markets they will be distributing to). I know a few people are going on Sunday in the hopes of getting some bottles. If everyone on Saturday is going back for 2nd's that will severly decrease the chances of those going on Sunday getting bottles.

I guess my only point is, if the brewery says 6 bottles per person per day, then people should honor the limits. It should be up to the brewery to up the limits if there is enough to go around.

12. olympuszymurgus

olympuszymurgus Nov 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

So what are folks bringing to drink?

On deck-
    Cascade Strawberry
    Revolution IPA
    Big John(?)

13. roon

roon Mar 1, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Are there any willing mules, I can compensate in either beer or $$ or both :).

14. alcstradamus

alcstradamus Aug 10, 2008 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I want morning delight....I don't really care about Assassin...not sure I can justify the cost of the fuel and possible hotel just for 2 bottles of MD

Decisions, decisions

15. Erdinger2003

Erdinger2003 Sep 16, 2005 Iowa

If anybody is willing to work with me I can get them some bottles of both, just message me.

16. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

How do Iowa growler laws play out?

17. Erdinger2003

Erdinger2003 Sep 16, 2005 Iowa

I've got all my beer spoken for. Sorry, it was quick :)

They'll fill up any growler with the government warning on it.

tgchief likes this.
  18. XmnwildX12

Beer Trader

Bringing a growler of Dangerous Man's coffee porter to share, hope I make it early enough!

19. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Feb 16, 2013 Michigan

Ya the bottles bad ass hows the beer

20. redblacks75

redblacks75 Oct 29, 2010 Iowa
    Beer Trader

It was a top three beer for me last year, and I drank ALLOT of great beers last year.

tgchief likes this.
  21. copslovebeer

copslovebeer Mar 26, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

ISO: a mule. Anyone willing to snag me two bottles? I can come grab them from you Sunday in TC area..

22. tgchief

tgchief Nov 30, 2010 Iowa

And one will be yours great trader! Cheers!

shebby likes this.
  23. tgchief

You bring em, we fill em, as long as they have the Gov warning!

Cheers!

24. tgchief

Don't underestimate this years Assassin....barrel aged to perfection I will buy your full bottles back if you are not satisfied.

25. mtrutlin

Beer Trader

Perfection is the perfect way to describe every TG brew I've been lucky enough to try thus far

26. mdmusch

mdmusch May 5, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread for bottle count left... I have to drive from Rochester to Fond du Lac and back in a day. More than likely will swing through if some bottles are left, but that wouldn't be until probably 6pm or 7pm....

27. tgchief

Thank you very much....we make many mistakes in our brewery too, we just try not to serve them. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to putting a smile on your face after that first drink of the day for years to come!

Cheers!

Hopsiam14 likes this.
  28. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Jan 23, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I had a red wax bottle with one of the TG brewers at Darkness day last year. It was an awesome beer and I really hope to get one with this year's release!

29. olympuszymurgus

olympuszymurgus Nov 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Anybody there yet?

Penguin3200 likes this.
  30. jkwikkel

jkwikkel Mar 18, 2008 Iowa

Still on the road, left an hour after I had planned to.

31. Rob-P

Rob-P Feb 29, 2012 Iowa

Man, wish I was there. Anyone from Des Moines going and not buying their limit?

32. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

^^yeah, if anyone from Des Moines is going and willing to bring back an extra bottle of Assassin, I'd gladly pay $30 and a few nice beers from my cellar.

33. jatut

jatut Jan 4, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Go time first 4!

[​IMG]

34. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Dec 28, 2008 Minnesota

Nice! Looks like a nice morning "delight"!

35. Bond111

Bond111 Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

You guys are hardcore!!!

Question to TG Crew, where else can we park besides the tap house lot? I'm not sure if it was covered on the official website or not?

I should hopefully be there around 7:30pm or so tonight, if any BA's will still be there.

36. XmnwildX12

Beer Trader

On the road, forgot the growler...bah

37. Guzzi

Guzzi Nov 19, 2011 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I plan on stopping in Sunday, really hoping there is something left!

38. elliott1184

elliott1184 Mar 31, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Won't be able to make it there. :( If someone from the Twin Cities can pick one up for me, I have a Sexual Chocolate to offer; if that's not of interest we can talk about something else.

39. CLaBarre

CLaBarre Feb 22, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Rob and bottle caps, I will try to pick you a bottle of assassin up each.

beefmental likes this.
  40. CLaBarre

CLaBarre Feb 22, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I can't seem to update the trade list from my phone. I am also bringing a bottle of surly smoke and pentagram if anyone is interested.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe