Atlanta Airport

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by BeerCrazyCrow, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerCrazyCrow

BeerCrazyCrow Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2014 Iowa

Does the Atlanta airport have Tropacalia or any other good beers in cans or on tap?

2. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Pooh-Bah (2,714) Feb 6, 2007 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

SweetWater and Sam Adams brew house is about all you'll find

3. gaweso

gaweso Devotee (328) Jan 23, 2009 Georgia

This should actually be in the South-Atlantic forum. Three Taverns took over Sweetwater's old location a few months ago. (Sweetwater moved to another terminal) Tropicalia is doubtful, but if you have time to wander around and look at tap handles/beer lists you'll find other breweries.

4. Beerwithoutallthehops

Beerwithoutallthehops Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2015 Georgia

I agree. Sweetwater pretty much has the run of Atlanta. Want an actual beer that tastes like beer? You better keep driving until you hit Wisconsin. People in GA think beer is anything that comes in a brown bottle. Hand them a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup and see what they do. I dont understand beer in the south, it is all hops all the time. I have enjoyed some German beers that had obvious hops influence (Krombacher, for one) but I dont sit there and drink hops and water all night. I prefer more German beers that actually taste of grain and malt!! (oh my!!!!!)

Hope you find a decent beer in GA.

5. 3-Ball

3-Ball Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2014 Georgia

I'm not a big IPA fan either but you obviously have not spent much time in GA recently. There are a bunch of great breweries putting out non hoppy style beers. Orpheus and Creature Comforts are just two examples, there are many others as well. While both those breweries excel at IPA's (i.e. Transmigration of Souls and Tropicalia), both also do some really great sours, stouts and other styles (Yes, See the stars was very limited but fantastic).

6. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Damn man, bitter much? Sweetwater is barely in the top 20 these days in GA. Every other brewery is putting out better and more esoteric styles, including a lot of non IPAs.

If you hate it so much here, you could always move..

3-Ball likes this.
  7. wasatchback

wasatchback Maven (1,460) Jan 12, 2014 Tajikistan
    Trader

Bumping this as I'm gone be there for a bit today... Anywhere to find anything decent in the airport?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.