Atlantans

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by rgfellow, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgfellow

rgfellow Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2013 New Mexico

I'll be visiting the ATL this week on business. In doing some research for watering holes, I stumbled upon Porter's Beer Bar. Whoa, what a beer menu - is this heaven? Seriously, just looking for any tips (Pliny hidden behind the bar, quality of neighborhood, etc). Thanks in advance.

2. jmgrub

jmgrub Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2010 California

I would love to piggy-back on this as I'll be in town for the Final Four in a few weeks. Would be happy to bring some bottles from out my way to share if any locals are interested in getting together. Feel free to BM me. To the OP, thanks for starting the thread and my apologies for the slight threadjack.

3. YaKnowBrady

YaKnowBrady Pundit (809) Jul 23, 2010 New Jersey

This post would be more well-suited for the US - South Atlantic regional forum, not the general Beer-Talk. You'll get a lot more direct info there.

4. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Pundit (995) Sep 15, 2007 Georgia

The Porter is definitely a great place. The neighborhood it is in is filled with interesting artistic people. Parking can be hard to come by in the area without paying. There is valet service at the nearby Wrecking Bar brewpub which you should check out if you are in the area. You can park there and hit both in one shot if you have a car. It is walking distance from The Porter.

Be sure to also check out the Decatur area. Brick Store Pub (if you are on expense be sure to ask for the cellar menu) and Twain's Billiard and Tap are close together and shouldn't be missed. Leon's is also great and close by if you want higher end food (although you wont go wrong eating at BSP either) to go with good beer.

jmgrub and rgfellow like this.
  5. compton

compton Initiate (0) May 20, 2009 Georgia

gatorbeernerd nailed it. porter has some fun stuff on their vintage list as well. BSP and porter are both world class with great brewpubs next to each.

6. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2010 South Carolina

Porter just got nominated for a James Beard award for their Bar Program, so they must be doing something right.

7. rgfellow

rgfellow Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2013 New Mexico

The Porter was great. I enjoyed several beers not available in my area. Impressed by the selection, glassware, and service.

8. pghlee

pghlee Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2006 Georgia

Beermail me if you guys head to decatur. I can set up a bottle share at The Brick Store Pub if your interested cheers. Lee

jriggins6 and coreyfmcdonald like this.
  9. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Georgia

If you missed Wrecking Bar while at Porter, I highly suggest stopping by. I've been to dozens of brewpubs around the US and Wrecking Bar is certainly one of the best.

10. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (0) May 24, 2009 Georgia

Another reason Brick Store is WORLD CLASS? Lee does stuff like this. LOVE BSP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.