Autumn Brew Review 2018

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by fargofallout, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkEye19

HawkEye19 Initiate (115) Jun 15, 2006 Minnesota

/nods

I really, really should have just gone home a couple years back. That was a rough Sunday

2. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (443) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Wife and myself threw ours in the trash on the way out

pandera likes this.
  3. Oneeighthcuban

Oneeighthcuban Initiate (94) Aug 17, 2010 Minnesota

Hey thanks for noticing we tried to bring some interesting stuff. We only do the 3 guild festivals (and one at Treasure Island because they offer a free hotel room, pay a stipend, and the patrons were entertainingly wasted). For me those three are still the best chance as a brewery to showcase the special beers you are capable of making. It's just a different crowd/vibe than other beer fests, and hopefully it stays that way.

But, it's been disappointing personally from a consumer/beer lover perspective to see the slow slide towards people just bringing their flagship/everyday beers. I think there were maybe 5-6 beers that I wanted to seek out. I think the guild is still trying to figure out the future and look of these kind of events (i.e. trying multiple variations on winterfest format and venue).

4. JakeJohnson

JakeJohnson Initiate (165) Jan 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

BRB creating a fake brewery to score a free hotel room in rural Minnesota. If anyone asks, our brewery is in the Midway area.

5. Benj68

Benj68 Initiate (49) Apr 9, 2015 Minnesota

The GF and I really enjoyed the Jim Beam Me Up(s)! Thanks for bringing cool stuff, it's what keeps us coming back each year!

6. SkolVikes84

SkolVikes84 Initiate (30) Sep 21, 2018 Minnesota

I wish I remembered it better. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.