Available in NJ, Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by thepeter, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepeter

thepeter Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2005 England

HI, I live in London but my Mother in Law is In NJ and willing to bring me some beers when she comes out for the holidays. Anything you all have been loving that is available now. New Release, Seasonal, Old Favorite, Local I just need some Ideas to ask for. I love all styles. Thanks for any and all advice!
    Peter

2. tkdchampxi

tkdchampxi Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2010 New Jersey

Where in NJ is she by/ willing to drive to?

3. thepeter

thepeter Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2005 England

She will probably go to OakTree Buy Rite as it is near here in South PLainfield. THey have a great selection and just looking for any suggestions you al may think are really good.

4. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,853) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I don't know that store, but if there is any Neshaminy Creek Shape of Hops to Come left, you must have her get some of that. If not, then their County Line would be a very nice plan B. Easier to pack cans, too :wink:.

DrStiffington likes this.
  5. devilfluff

devilfluff Zealot (559) Apr 1, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Anything by Carton would be an excellent option.

cappy201, mikeburd1128 and LMT like this.
  6. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,109) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

Oak Tree is a good store. She could get you the cans that Tongorad suggested. That place sells singles. I also recommend anything by Sixpoint, if we're sticking with cans. They should also have Stone Enjoy By. I saw on their website that they have Dogfish Head's Raison D'extre. Victory Hop Ranch and Dirtwolf. Lagunitas Brown Shugga. Really there's tons of things. Care to narrow down the styles?

7. Kanger

Kanger Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Anything by Carton and Kane.

8. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

I would skip Oak Tree, it's a shell of what it once was. 90% of those reviews praising it are from 5 years ago. The recent ones paint a much different picture.

I would head to Super Buy Rite in North Plainfield. Much nicer selection and growler fills with Kane and Carton on tap (No idea if that's a possibility for you.)

mikeburd1128 and Keyes88 like this.
  9. RETEP84

RETEP84 Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2013 New Jersey

Neshaminy Creek Shape of Hops to Come is long gone. Just go to Carton. If she is bringing a case well packed for growlers the hit Kane. Forgotten Boardwalk brewing is making some GREAT stuff too down in Cherry Hill

10. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,109) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

I haven't been to Oak Tree in awhile. Why has it gone down hill?

11. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

Last I went, a few months ago half the shelves in the aisle were empty and all stuff was spread pretty wide. They had a slight falling out with Hunterdon or something.

12. bkov33

bkov33 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2007 New Jersey

If she lives close to a Total Wines, they list the entire inventory online, you can place an order for her choosing instore pickup. Almost every 6pack is also available as a single 12oz bottle

13. ripps1

ripps1 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

Oak tree has gotten much better lately. I believe they recently transitioned beer managers and the new one has been doing a great job.

14. Lowlow2010

Lowlow2010 Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2014 New Jersey

077xx

cappy201 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.