BA Abraxas

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by CityofBals, Jan 19, 2013.

1. CityofBals

CityofBals Sep 12, 2012 Illinois

This beer seems remarkably similar to Hunaphu, which makes me think these need to be consumed relatively shortly after they're bottled (depending on how forward you like your flavors to be). What would your opinion be on starting a vertical? Useless? Foolish? Interesting?

Cheers!

2. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Aug 18, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I would say foolish. Just like Hunahpu's, with the ingredients added to this one, it's almost certainly best consumed fresh, unless for whatever reason you've had it and find the flavors to be too strong now and want them to fade a bit. That's, of course, a matter of personal preference.

CityofBals likes this.
  3. xnicknj

xnicknj May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Regular Abraxas was absolutely wonderful when it came out so I'm expecting this to be the same. I wouldn't bother aging any of these type of beers if you want to taste the ingredients that make it special in the first place (Hunahpu's, Mexican Cake, etc).

CityofBals likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe