BA Abraxas

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by CityofBals, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2012 Illinois

This beer seems remarkably similar to Hunaphu, which makes me think these need to be consumed relatively shortly after they're bottled (depending on how forward you like your flavors to be). What would your opinion be on starting a vertical? Useless? Foolish? Interesting?

Cheers!

2. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Poo-Bah (5,333) Aug 18, 2008 Illinois
    Industry Beer Trader

I would say foolish. Just like Hunahpu's, with the ingredients added to this one, it's almost certainly best consumed fresh, unless for whatever reason you've had it and find the flavors to be too strong now and want them to fade a bit. That's, of course, a matter of personal preference.

CityofBals likes this.
  3. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Regular Abraxas was absolutely wonderful when it came out so I'm expecting this to be the same. I wouldn't bother aging any of these type of beers if you want to taste the ingredients that make it special in the first place (Hunahpu's, Mexican Cake, etc).

CityofBals likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More