1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

BA Hunah

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by ridglens, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubpoenaDeuces

SubpoenaDeuces Feb 3, 2011 California

Demanding 3x$4$ in equally rare beer is the new black pencil dress, a staple must-have for any couture traders this fall season.

I received a response 3:1, brandy huna for fou foune+ba kopi+wanderer, two of which cost more and have lower bottle counts. Shit was so cash.

sliverX, rails, Kuemmelbrau and 13 others like this.
  2. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Nov 17, 2012 California

It's like California is the Mexico of trading beer. Our $30 beer with a 700-900 bottle count isnt equal to their $20(?) beer with a 3000 bottle count. They think we pay in pesos is my best guess

3. bauermj

bauermj May 4, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Are they just announcing bottles for sale on facebook/twitter? Only sold a hand full of cases on one day so far?

4. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Mar 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just wait until Beatification is released again. Then a 12,000 bottle release will trade like a 2,000 bottle release. It all evens out.

Johnnyramirez likes this.
  5. phishphorce

phishphorce Aug 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

No they are doing it totally silent. Not sure how many have been released so far. From the reports probably 500-1000

They have released 4-5 seperate times so far and that is just what has been reported on here. It could be more

6. Johnnyramirez

Touché. I have mules ready for that. But I'm gonna end up sending most of it away $4$ for Jai Alai and Zombie Dust. Return the favor to guys that have hooked me up. And maybe try scoring more HF stuff.

7. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I very much doubt that will happen. First, it had been years since a release, while most people expect Beat again this year, much less time. Second, everyone will remember what happened last time (lasted for months) and no one will overpay for it.

Even then, Beat wasn't trading all that crazy. Or, at least, I wasn't able to get really ridiculous things for it (not that I was trying). My most ridiculous trade was KtG '12 1:1, which is basically even $4$ and I got the better on rarity by a bit. But that would be basically equivalent to getting a BA Hunah for FfaC, which would never happen. (Note: If someone wants to do this trade I'd do it!)

Also, remember, that's the release that spawned "go and pick it up for me bro".

kpacedo and Gosox8787 like this.
  8. goveia75

goveia75 Mar 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

It will be interesting to see what this year's FfaC will trade for, being that this upcoming batch will once again feature a Sonambic base. Beat + tons of raspberries = delicious

9. SubpoenaDeuces

SubpoenaDeuces Feb 3, 2011 California

So much this. The forums were alive with japery, 12000 bottle brewery only release "it's just siting there no one even wants it, I'll PayPal you since your time is clearly worthless, alternatively bcbsx2."

No one was over trading for beat. I remember the offers that I was receiving would crimson the cheeks of even the most 312 baller. BMs be like "wake n bake 4 pack for beat" many heads were nodded in cool reverence as the double standard reflected not only oneself but a million cascading figures further into the reflection.

sliverX, rails, Gosox8787 and 2 others like this.
  10. stupac2

Beer Trader

Where did you hear that? First I've heard of it.

11. Johnnyramirez

Vermont has the best IPA's. We're stuck with 2nd place.

12. vurt

vurt Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Beer Trader

In other words, Beatification is the Cherry Rye of California. Got it.

Mposha likes this.
  13. stupac2

Beer Trader

Lies will get you nowhere. I'll take Pliny or Nelson over anything I've had from HF, and HT isn't even close.
    One of the funnier things about trading is how unnecessary it is for someone here. We can get easily:

World-class IPAs
    World-class AWAs
    World-class gueuze (3F/Tilquin basically whenever you want)

With some moderate work you can get plenty of world-class stouts (Parabola, BT, BA Alesmith) or barleywines. Around here there are even world-class lagers (Moonlight/Linden) and plenty of places doing smaller beers.

Trading is just so unnecessary.

14. Johnnyramirez

I agree that HT isn't close. But I prefer Abner to both Pliny and Nelson, albeit slightly. S&S6 was fantastic as well, on par with Pliny IMO.

15. Johnnyramirez

Cotton mouth

16. phishphorce

If you think Pliny is better than Ephriham or Abner you should stop drinking beer. This is not my opinion this is fact.

minnesotaryan likes this.
  17. Johnnyramirez

Data to support this fact?

18. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Sep 21, 2012 Florida

Pliny is one of the most overrated of overrated things in the history of all that has been overrated.

Lasering likes this.
  19. phishphorce

Anyone with taste buds??

minnesotaryan likes this.
  20. JohnfromPurdue

JohnfromPurdue Apr 27, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

So, BA Hunahpu amiright?

ediaz, Lasering, ridglens and 2 others like this.
  21. BAstoutsNsours

Please send a detailed email requesting said data to: info@hillfarmstead.com

You should receive your data within 24 hours. Make sure your hard drive has enough space as the response will be lengthy and the attachments may exceed its storage limit.

22. abecall98

abecall98 Aug 11, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

No it won't. You don't know what you are talking about.

ehammond1 and SubpoenaDeuces like this.
  23. stupac2

Beer Trader

I didn't think Ephraim was that great. I've yet to have a Hill Farmstead IPA I'd take over Pliny.

COME AT ME BRO.
    Funny, that's how I feel about everything Cigar City has ever made ever.

COME AT ME BRO.

24. bauermj

bauermj May 4, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Stouts & Saisons. Agreed on IPA & AWA though

ehammond1 likes this.
  25. BigGene

BigGene Oct 30, 2010 Florida

So going by the logic, The 250 or so Bottle count for BA Roosevelt should pull a Vanilla DL (no clue on Bottle Count)? It is a tiny bottle count and I assume the GM bottle count was more than 250 so this should be 1-1 with this logic?

BAstoutsNsours likes this.
  26. phishphorce

I have no horse in this race (no homerism). I'm just stating according to my taste Ephraim is so much better and more complex than Pliny (which I fucking love) that its not even close.

nothing to come at you Bro. Your opinion means zero to me. Probably same way you feel about me. Thats cool.

27. Johnnyramirez

Price per bottle? Take that into account as well. But yes, you're close. BA DL's trade insanely high for their bottle count. Mainly because they're so desired and don't like only 25% of people win variants?

28. BAstoutsNsours

Whenever people come on here saber-rattling over bottle counts it's to do one of two things:

A) to increase the value of whatever they're trading

Or

B) to decrease the value of something they really want, but don't want to give up rar. for it.

BVDL is a classic example of why some things with high-ish bottle counts still trade very high. The demand is so much, it completely outweighs whatever the bottle count would have meant for a similar release. Taste does actually come into play at times...

On and btw, a little birdie told me there were only 486 bottles of BA Huna made, FWIW. LMK brb

29. BigGene

BigGene Oct 30, 2010 Florida

Ok any of the bottles of BA DL I have seen on this site are bottles around 600, i saw a pic of a 2011 it was xx/666
    yes they cost more and to be honest when I had it at Hunahpu's day I was not impressed just so dam sweet.

And if you do the math, there were 14000 bottle of regular Huna, if there are (who knows) 4K bottles of BA Huna then the percentage is spot on compared to BA DL. And If CCB wanted to charge $50 for it, these guys would still be buying it.

It is all about supply and demand. Hell in the early '90 I could sell a mint Ken Griffey Junior Upper deck Rookie card for $2-300, I just saw one for $10. It is all about what the market will bare.

30. stupac2

Beer Trader

Well, you stated a lot more than that, you stated that no one could possibly disagree. That's why I said to come at me, it seemed like you were making a ludicrously strong and obviously false argument.

Anywho, yeah I really don't care what anyone else thinks. Clearly my palate is the best and you're all suckers, so it's no skin off my back.

31. JohnfromPurdue

JohnfromPurdue Apr 27, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Thanks California for ruining another thread. Can't take you guys anywhere.

32. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

If you aren't winning, you aren't winning. Duh! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe