Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

BA Hunah

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by ridglens, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MordorMongo

Trying to stop this cult of misinformation is hard work.

ridglens likes this.
  2. DanzBorin

It's a noble job!

3. Lasering

Beer Trader

Well seeing as I'm at ccb a lot and I only talk to the employees... I'm not gonna believe anyone else. Wasted a couple days before they released it listening to other people. I really don't care if you believe me.

4. Johnnyramirez

Lets say its a sub 2000 bottle release, even then, still absurd some of the things people are seeking out. Do these deals even get done? Maybe it's just me trying to be fair, but I think 90% of the FT offers are insane. On the other side, a ton of the ISO's seem a little low too. A BA Kopi, Grey Monday or a Wanderer should get it done. But a combo of the 3 is absurd considering its a 2000-3000 bottle release

5. phishphorce

I traded a GM hasitly as soon as the first wave of bottles hit the trade forums becasue I didn't do my research and pulled the trigger too quick.

now I regret the trade but honored it none the less.

2000 ish bottles it shouldnt even be able to pull a BA Kopi IMO. Good as it may or may not be. (All 5 rankings from the Florida homers at this point) Its not worth more than an Assasain or something similar simply because of sheer numbers.

I'm saying that and I have one that I overpaid for but plan to drink.

6. Johnnyramirez

A GM may be a bargain if some of the FT: BA Huna posts are getting done. I saw one asking for a GM+Wanderer or GM+BA Kopi. Plus yesterday's BA Huna thread just wanted sours. But obviously extremely rare ones.

7. phishphorce

I highly doubt any of those are getting done. Maybe the misinformed are doing them because they think this is a BA Huna with numbers like the other ones sub 200.

If you look at most of those threads there are no responses and noone is saying "this one is done"

The inherent issue that is going to happen is that most of these bottles are going to go to the same 100 people so they will attempt to hold them for ransom to drive up the price. I can see it happening already.

8. SubpoenaDeuces

Demanding 3x$4$ in equally rare beer is the new black pencil dress, a staple must-have for any couture traders this fall season.

I received a response 3:1, brandy huna for fou foune+ba kopi+wanderer, two of which cost more and have lower bottle counts. Shit was so cash.

sliverX, rails, Kuemmelbrau and 13 others like this.
  9. Johnnyramirez

It's like California is the Mexico of trading beer. Our $30 beer with a 700-900 bottle count isnt equal to their $20(?) beer with a 3000 bottle count. They think we pay in pesos is my best guess

10. bauermj

Beer Trader

Are they just announcing bottles for sale on facebook/twitter? Only sold a hand full of cases on one day so far?

11. Anonymous1

Beer Trader

Just wait until Beatification is released again. Then a 12,000 bottle release will trade like a 2,000 bottle release. It all evens out.

Johnnyramirez likes this.
  12. phishphorce

No they are doing it totally silent. Not sure how many have been released so far. From the reports probably 500-1000

They have released 4-5 seperate times so far and that is just what has been reported on here. It could be more

13. Johnnyramirez

Touché. I have mules ready for that. But I'm gonna end up sending most of it away $4$ for Jai Alai and Zombie Dust. Return the favor to guys that have hooked me up. And maybe try scoring more HF stuff.

14. stupac2

Beer Trader

I very much doubt that will happen. First, it had been years since a release, while most people expect Beat again this year, much less time. Second, everyone will remember what happened last time (lasted for months) and no one will overpay for it.

Even then, Beat wasn't trading all that crazy. Or, at least, I wasn't able to get really ridiculous things for it (not that I was trying). My most ridiculous trade was KtG '12 1:1, which is basically even $4$ and I got the better on rarity by a bit. But that would be basically equivalent to getting a BA Hunah for FfaC, which would never happen. (Note: If someone wants to do this trade I'd do it!)

Also, remember, that's the release that spawned "go and pick it up for me bro".

kpacedo and Gosox8787 like this.
  15. goveia75

Beer Trader

It will be interesting to see what this year's FfaC will trade for, being that this upcoming batch will once again feature a Sonambic base. Beat + tons of raspberries = delicious

16. SubpoenaDeuces

So much this. The forums were alive with japery, 12000 bottle brewery only release "it's just siting there no one even wants it, I'll PayPal you since your time is clearly worthless, alternatively bcbsx2."

No one was over trading for beat. I remember the offers that I was receiving would crimson the cheeks of even the most 312 baller. BMs be like "wake n bake 4 pack for beat" many heads were nodded in cool reverence as the double standard reflected not only oneself but a million cascading figures further into the reflection.

sliverX, rails, Gosox8787 and 2 others like this.
  17. stupac2

Beer Trader

Where did you hear that? First I've heard of it.

18. MordorMongo

Poor Cali....it's like y'all don't already have the best IPA's, best American Wilds and some of the best stouts at your fingertips. Man, I really have feels for you. ;)

19. Johnnyramirez

Vermont has the best IPA's. We're stuck with 2nd place.

20. vurt

Beer Trader

In other words, Beatification is the Cherry Rye of California. Got it.

Mposha likes this.
  21. stupac2

Beer Trader

Lies will get you nowhere. I'll take Pliny or Nelson over anything I've had from HF, and HT isn't even close.
    One of the funnier things about trading is how unnecessary it is for someone here. We can get easily:

World-class IPAs
    World-class AWAs
    World-class gueuze (3F/Tilquin basically whenever you want)

With some moderate work you can get plenty of world-class stouts (Parabola, BT, BA Alesmith) or barleywines. Around here there are even world-class lagers (Moonlight/Linden) and plenty of places doing smaller beers.

Trading is just so unnecessary.

22. Johnnyramirez

I agree that HT isn't close. But I prefer Abner to both Pliny and Nelson, albeit slightly. S&S6 was fantastic as well, on par with Pliny IMO.

23. MordorMongo

Hell if I lived in Cali I'd likely never leave the dispensary, not even sure why you all drink beer.

M1A2, Lasering, ridglens and 8 others like this.
  24. Johnnyramirez

Cotton mouth

25. phishphorce

If you think Pliny is better than Ephriham or Abner you should stop drinking beer. This is not my opinion this is fact.

minnesotaryan likes this.
  26. Johnnyramirez

Data to support this fact?

27. BAstoutsNsours

Pliny is one of the most overrated of overrated things in the history of all that has been overrated.

Lasering likes this.
  28. phishphorce

Anyone with taste buds??

minnesotaryan likes this.
  29. JohnfromPurdue

Beer Trader

So, BA Hunahpu amiright?

ediaz, Lasering, ridglens and 2 others like this.
  30. BAstoutsNsours

Please send a detailed email requesting said data to: info@hillfarmstead.com

You should receive your data within 24 hours. Make sure your hard drive has enough space as the response will be lengthy and the attachments may exceed its storage limit.

31. abecall98

Beer Trader

No it won't. You don't know what you are talking about.

ehammond1 and SubpoenaDeuces like this.
  32. stupac2

Beer Trader

I didn't think Ephraim was that great. I've yet to have a Hill Farmstead IPA I'd take over Pliny.

COME AT ME BRO.
    Funny, that's how I feel about everything Cigar City has ever made ever.

COME AT ME BRO.

33. bauermj

Beer Trader

Stouts & Saisons. Agreed on IPA & AWA though

ehammond1 likes this.
  34. BigGene

So going by the logic, The 250 or so Bottle count for BA Roosevelt should pull a Vanilla DL (no clue on Bottle Count)? It is a tiny bottle count and I assume the GM bottle count was more than 250 so this should be 1-1 with this logic?

BAstoutsNsours likes this.
  35. phishphorce

I have no horse in this race (no homerism). I'm just stating according to my taste Ephraim is so much better and more complex than Pliny (which I fucking love) that its not even close.

nothing to come at you Bro. Your opinion means zero to me. Probably same way you feel about me. Thats cool.

36. Johnnyramirez

Price per bottle? Take that into account as well. But yes, you're close. BA DL's trade insanely high for their bottle count. Mainly because they're so desired and don't like only 25% of people win variants?

37. BAstoutsNsours

Whenever people come on here saber-rattling over bottle counts it's to do one of two things:

A) to increase the value of whatever they're trading

Or

B) to decrease the value of something they really want, but don't want to give up rar. for it.

BVDL is a classic example of why some things with high-ish bottle counts still trade very high. The demand is so much, it completely outweighs whatever the bottle count would have meant for a similar release. Taste does actually come into play at times...

On and btw, a little birdie told me there were only 486 bottles of BA Huna made, FWIW. LMK brb

38. BigGene

Ok any of the bottles of BA DL I have seen on this site are bottles around 600, i saw a pic of a 2011 it was xx/666
    yes they cost more and to be honest when I had it at Hunahpu's day I was not impressed just so dam sweet.

And if you do the math, there were 14000 bottle of regular Huna, if there are (who knows) 4K bottles of BA Huna then the percentage is spot on compared to BA DL. And If CCB wanted to charge $50 for it, these guys would still be buying it.

It is all about supply and demand. Hell in the early '90 I could sell a mint Ken Griffey Junior Upper deck Rookie card for $2-300, I just saw one for $10. It is all about what the market will bare.

39. MordorMongo

Man it just makes me smile on the inside when a perfectly good thread dissolves into complete madness and ridiculous statements. I mean trading is batshit crazy these days....I'm talking like a whole unchartered land of nutjobs here, not your basic trade winnArs....so the real surprise is there is ANY surprise that MikeTen's famous cult of misinformation has overflowed it's bounds and is smacking us all in the face with it's man unit each and every new release now.

40. stupac2

Beer Trader

Well, you stated a lot more than that, you stated that no one could possibly disagree. That's why I said to come at me, it seemed like you were making a ludicrously strong and obviously false argument.

Anywho, yeah I really don't care what anyone else thinks. Clearly my palate is the best and you're all suckers, so it's no skin off my back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe