1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

backwoods bastard?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by shredder83, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shredder83

shredder83 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 Illinois

I just recently tried backwoods bastard on tap at founders, I wasn't sure about wee heavy's but after wulver and backwoods I'm hooked.

My question is; what should I try and trade for it? If I go for a four pack what should I give up to get some?

I have a few things that might be worthy; sucaba, a couple wulver, fff behemoth?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not a big trader, about a half dozen ip trades under my belt.

2. fishmich

fishmich Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

limited seasonal shelf beer should be good. maybe just some good shelf beer. any of the things you listed should get some if there isnt distro overlap with what you are offering.

3. Ckoz

Ckoz Savant (1,130) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Backwoods is a very underrated beer. I'm with you I think it's a fantastic beer. Good luck in you trades. I would agree with @fishmich it shouldn't bee too hard to trade for. I think @Donco is sitting on a case of Backwoods :wink:

4. JamesShoemaker

JamesShoemaker Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Michigan

The three beers you mentioned will get you BB all day, but it's not in season. People are hanging onto it, sure, but it'll be easier to get in November.

5. CasanovaCummins

CasanovaCummins Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2012 Nevada

While you're waiting, try some Robert the Bruce for Three Floyds, or Some Scotty Karate from Dark Horse, or even some Founders Dirty Bastard. Expand a little. You'll find some nice things of a similar nature available now.

6. shredder83

shredder83 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 Illinois

I've had Robert the Bruce many times and it's a little bit too roasty to fit the wee heavy criteria. Dirty bastard is an excellent brew.

I'm more looking along the lines of a ba wee heavy, but thanks for the suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.