Bad BIF'r @Dworker33

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Coorsy, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coorsy

Coorsy Defender (627) Jul 11, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

For the past 3 or 4 years I have ran several Superbowl Square BIFs. Each square costs 44oz of quality beer and participants can select up to 2 squares. For the first time in my history of running this BIF I have unfortunately post to the Bad Trader thread.

@Dworker33 has still yet to ship his box. With the Superbowl being the first Sunday in February, I set the deadline to get boxes out for the last day of February. And ask that if people can not get the box out by then that they at least be open with their communication and post updates throughout. it has been just about a month since I last heard from him. His last interaction with me was

2/28/18:
    "Who do I need yo ship to so sorry totally forgot about this."

I instantly responded to him with his target and told him how everyone was assigned a target within a group message (which he was in). I have since sent him several personal messages and he has not responded to any. It shows he last read my messages on 3/7/18 yet he was last active on BA a week ago.

Very unfortunate to have several "Bad BIF'r"s in the same pool. Again he was warned that the Bad Trading thread would be the next step, and that clearly wasn't a concern for him.

2. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,205) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

He was just in a BIF with me. He shipped a box there and posted this

3. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (169) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

4. deadbody

deadbody Aspirant (238) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Did he seriously say he wants to open stuff he traded for in his bottle shop in Chicago?

Holy Christ is that illegal and a great way to get the inspectors all up your bum there.

jrnyc likes this.
  5. Victory_Sabre1973

Victory_Sabre1973 Meyvn (1,437) Sep 15, 2015 Minnesota
    Premium Trader

That's what it sounds like to me.

I remember several years back when a bar in Minnesota sent someone over to Wisconsin, and got a keg of Spotted Cow.

They got in serious trouble from the State.

6. mj0126

mj0126 Initiate (184) Mar 2, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yeah, still awaiting an update on a box for the first segment of our PGA BIF. He mentioned he'd probably be too busy to continue the rest of the season, to which I responded was fine, just send the 22 oz box for the first segment, and we'd call it even. Just checked in for an status on that the other day, but still awaiting response.

GreenBayBA and Beer_Economicus like this.
  7. dmbforever

dmbforever Moderator (731) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Premium Trader

Beer_Economicus and Jaycase like this.
  8. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,416) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

There are definitely bottle shops in Chicago that have beers opened for tasting on like a Saturday afternoon that do not see distribution here. Never really thought about the legality of it, but they don't seem worried since they post about it on Instagram.

Beer_Economicus and eppie82 like this.
  9. swenny916

swenny916 Aspirant (229) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

I texted him since I oversaw a BIF he was in and he responded and is aware of this thread. That was on Friday, so was kind of hoping he'd say something by now...

SammyJaxxxx and Beer_Economicus like this.
  10. Joliet814

Joliet814 Initiate (120) May 1, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Don't know the guy but send me his target. I'll send 44oz to someone. And I'll take his spot next year. Bm the target

11. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (169) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Crickets.

12. swenny916

swenny916 Aspirant (229) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Yep...

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  13. Joliet814

Trader

So you want me to send 44 oz and I'm in next year?

Beer_Economicus and RuckIt like this.
  14. deadbody

deadbody Aspirant (238) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Yeah as someone who was for a while on the compliance side of beer with a state agency, just because they post about it doesn't make it legal. A lot of regulators are old, and don't use the instagrams and such.

In my state thats a huge red flag, like large fines etc...

I mean maybe its legal in Illinois but I'd be surprised, more likely no one has noticed.

15. CNoj012

CNoj012 Meyvn (1,418) Dec 7, 2014 New York
    Premium Trader

Is it illegal for him to open it for a share if he is not making any money from it? Like free pours to get people in the door and hope they buy other "legal to sell" beers before they leave? Genuinely curious...

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  16. treznor

treznor Zealot (525) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

That generally varies by state. And sometimes depending on the whim of the alcohol control authority in that state.

The case in Minnesota at Maple Grove wasn't similar as the owner drove to Wisconsin, picked up a keg of Spotted Cow, drove it back to Minnesota and charged for it. That's illegal in almost all states (other than DC oddly enough where you can serve whatever you want as long as you go pick it up yourself).

17. JBowenGeorgia

JBowenGeorgia Defender (610) Sep 1, 2016 Georgia
    Premium Trader

As the winner for that square I'll chime in and say that no point did he communicate with me about the box.
    It's so much about the beer if life gets crazy, just communicate and refrain from future BIF's until you can meet the requirements.

18. Joliet814

Trader

Hey @JBowenGeorgia just wanted to let you know you have a box on its way to you. Should be there Friday hope you enjoy and sorry you have to deal with a bad trader thread. Hopefully he comes thru with his box but it seems a little unlikely.

19. JBowenGeorgia

Premium Trader

Totally unnecessary but much appreciated.

20. JBowenGeorgia

Premium Trader

@Joliet814 said he picked a couple bottles from my wants list but I wasn't expecting these. Holy hell!

The generosity in the beer community never ceases to amaze me. Thank you kind sir!

21. Joliet814

Trader

atl_mandm, maximum12, UcDru and 7 others like this.
  22. dmbforever

dmbforever Moderator (731) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Premium Trader

This ended well...bad bif'er gets the *bad trader* banner permanently and beer got delivered in the end by a community member to cover the mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.