1. Learn how to start Trading today! (required to post and build your trade reputation)

Bad Trader: @HoppyHoppyHoppy

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by abanton, Apr 11, 2018.

1. abanton

abanton Initiate (152) Nov 19, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

In probably 200 trades I've never had to create one of these threads, but unfortunately here goes...

Full disclosure to the mods...we did not use the feedback system, but it was a prior trader and all I ask is that you read the rest of my post before deleting it as I think deleting it will put other traders at risk. I'm happy to provide access to our full conversation to the mods if you'd like it.

I traded with @HoppyHoppyHoppy back in the fall and everything went smoothly. Then, he reached out to me on 2/15/18 asking me if I'd be down for another trade, $4$ Trillium beers for Schramm's mead. I told him I was going to be out of town for a week, but I reached back out to him on 2/25/18 and we hammered down which bottles he wanted.

I sent him tracking information on 2/27/18, and dropped his box off on 2/28/18, which consisted of approximately $90 worth of mead (4 shelf bottles). He confirmed which available Trillium beers I wanted on 2/28/18, and I didn't hear anything from him until I checked in with him on 3/5/18 to make sure his box had arrived safely. He responded and said that everything arrived safely, and told me he'd have my box out "first thing tomorrow," apologizing for the delay due to the bad weather in Boston. I was fine with that, as things happen beyond our control.

Since then, I have heard nothing from him, despite sending him 4 messages on BA, tracking him down and messaging him on Facebook, and texting him. Now, it has been well over a month since he was supposed to send me my box, and he won't respond to any messages despite logging in on BA and reading my messages.

I doubt this will resolve anything for me personally, but I'm not even worried about the beers at this point...What is important to me is that others don't fall into the trap of trading with him.

Cheers all,
    Adam

Preluderl, Vidblain, cavedave and 9 others like this.
  2. njk82

njk82 Initiate (148) Dec 10, 2015 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Hope this works out OP.

On another note, I've worked with the mods here on a similar situation and they were very helpful and generally awesome. I'll always recommend reaching out anytime you have a question.

3. Boosully

Boosully Initiate (136) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

That is awful news. Anyone who knows @abanton knows he is as generous and as quality of a trader as one can be.

@HoppyHoppyHoppy was on BA yesterday.

4. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (4,345) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Beer Trader

5. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,271) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Premium Member Beer Trader

Crazy how someone just ignores all of those contacts while still logging into BA!!

6. njk82

Beer Trader

@dmbforever can this guy get tagged? Still active here after stealing from a trade partner.

jrnyc, abanton and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  7. dmbforever

dmbforever Moderator (741) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin

Trader @HoppyHoppyHoppy has been tagged.

Please come on here and explain yourself and correct this, as the bad trader tag will NOT go away. In fact, you may lose your account depending on your response.

@abanton please save all convos and records showing your box was delivered.

In the future...please use the feedback system :wink:...this also goes for anyone else reading this.

Cheers!

8. abanton

Beer Trader

Thank you. Yes, lesson definitely learned on the feedback system. I have gotten lazy about it with repeat traders but never again!

9. ECCS

ECCS Aspirant (243) Oct 28, 2015 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Also thanks for posting ... I have done the exact same in regards to not using the feedback system with repeat traders

Vidblain, eppie82, dmbforever and 4 others like this.
  10. njk82

Beer Trader

Same. Sadly these threads sometimes serve as a reminder.

Boldbrew, ECCS and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  11. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (275) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Same here. I'm out about $200 with a repeat trader. *****Not on this platform.

At least your error wasn't as costly as me!

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  12. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,271) Mar 21, 2010 New York

Any updates on this one?

Boldbrew likes this.
  13. abanton

Beer Trader

Crickets. And he has conveniently not been logged onto BA since I created the thread.

Victory_Sabre1973 and Boldbrew like this.
  14. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (4,345) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Time for the ban hammer--and to monitor if he has other accounts...?