Bad Trader: HopSessions

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Rick91981, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick91981

Rick91981 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2018 New York

I'll start off by saying I was foolish to ship before he accepted the trade proposal, I admit that was a mistake. I had traded with him in the past and all went great so my guard was down.

I sent him the following:

TreeHouse Haze
    TreeHouse Hurricane
    Three's Brewing There You are IPA
    Peekskill Brewing The good the bad the argyle IPA
    Industrial Arts Wrench (got the last can they had!)
    Little Blind Third Wave Sour IPA

(Plus I sent an extra bonus of Industrial Arts Impact Wrench IIIPA)

He was to send me 6 beers from Hop Butcher and Phase Three. I have not heard from him in nearly 3 weeks and he has not been online in 2 weeks now. I will let the screenshots speak for themselves. Personal info has been redacted.

https://imgur.com/a/fsUwCx6

2. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (6,303) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

Tagging @HopSessions so he can come here and offer his side/explanation/an apology and confirm that he shipped his box ....

OP, it looks like he hasn't been on here in 2 weeks - do you have any way to contact him outside of BA?

3. Rick91981

Thanks for tagging him. I do not have another way to contact him. All I have is his address, but no phone number or anything.

4. flat_lander

flat_lander Savant (980) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Sorry this happened OP. He's clearly in the Chicagoland area if he's picking up HB and P3. So I was in downtown Chicago on that weekend referenced in your chats. A bad snow storm did hit the night of Sat Dec 29. So that's factual info. But still...

5. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

That was a month ago tomorrow ... its been pretty mild other than 2 weekends ago since then.

flat_lander likes this.
  6. Rick91981

Yes, he is from that general area. If snow was his issue all he had to do was say so and I'd wait with no complaints. It's that he kept saying it was coming, never provided tracking and then stopped responding why I had to call him out publicly. I don't want anyone else to get involved with a trade with him and end up losing out.

flat_lander and FBarber like this.
  7. flat_lander

Society Trader

Absolutely. And we appreciate you making this post. And as @FBarber noted, outside of a few brief stretches, it's been a pretty mild winter here in IL in general.

Looks like he has just 1 pending trade. Is that a request you ultimately sent?

Luscious_Malfoy and FBarber like this.
  8. Rick91981

Yes, that is the request I sent him. Sent him the request when we agreed on the trade right before Christmas, but was dumb enough not to wait for him to accept it before sending my package.

9. KingforaDay

KingforaDay Crusader (759) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

"Seems your package was stolen off my steps"? I originally read this as the package you sent him was taken but I guess he is saying the package he was sending you was taken. And if it isn't the 1st time this has happened, why would you do it again? Guess it really doesn't't matter whether he is being honest or not there if he isn't responding now but who leaves a package to be sent sitting on their steps when they have been stolen in the past?

Vidblain, Jaycase, maximum12 and 2 others like this.
  10. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,170) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

All seemed normal until excuses piled up. You did nothing wrong, trade request would have been nice, but you had traded before and you both agreed on the trade and shipping.

Vidblain, brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  11. Elkevjoe

Elkevjoe Initiate (94) Jan 4, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

If his initials are CB. He's been active on Untappd. Username HopSessions

12. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,170) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

That’s definitely him, the real kick in the nuts is he checked in beer OP sent him!!

13. MattOC

MattOC Defender (662) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

First name is Cody so first part checks out. Checked his trade history and someone named him.

Elkevjoe, brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  14. Rick91981

Yes, you guys are dead on with his initials. His name is indeed Cody B.

Thanks @Elkevjoe for the lead. I'll try and reach out to him on untapped.

15. Rick91981

I found him on untapped but it wouldn't let me message him unless he is on my friends list(at least through the app. I can try on a computer later tonight). Sent him a friend request, maybe he will get the hint.

16. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (349) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

definitely not a good look that hes MIA but checkin in the received brews and then some

Rick91981, FBarber and jrnyc like this.
  17. Rick91981

Yeah, definitely makes him look shady. Don't understand it because I have traded in the past with him and everything was perfectly smooth.

I believe I found his Reddit account as well and sent him a PM, though he hasn't been active there in a few weeks either.

jrnyc and brutalfarce like this.
  18. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois

@Rick91981

Youre profile doesn’t have much info on it. Clearly you were in search of hops from our area. Any other styles tickle your fancy?

19. Peterock27

Peterock27 Aspirant (255) Oct 4, 2016 New York
    Trader

Sorry to hear about this but if you check his trade feedback - one of them says this...

Didn’t end up fulfilling the trade on either end, great guy though!
    HopSessions, Aug 28, 2019

Technically I don’t think positive feedback should be allowed if the trade never went through.

20. flat_lander

Society Trader

Interesting. @Cberry373 willing to share what happened with your trade with him?

brutalfarce likes this.
  21. Rick91981

I try not to put too much public info on profiles. I like most styles, but have a particular love for IPAs. I wasn't after anything in particular with this trade, he actually reached out to me for this trade.

FFFjunkie likes this.
  22. Rick91981

How did you find that? All I see when I check his feedback is 2, both positive. One from myself and one from @Cberry373.

23. Rick91981

For anyone following along, I have reached out to him via Reddit and Untappd and have not gotten a response. Via some Google sleuthing, I believe I have found his email address, phone number, and alternate address(best guess is he had me ship to his parents address). Not sure if it would be too stalker-ish to reach out to him via phone or email though.

24. MattOC

Trader

Click on the actual user profiles to see the feedback he left for those people/him. You’ll see your other trade feedback there.

25. Peterock27

Peterock27 Aspirant (255) Oct 4, 2016 New York
    Trader

Click on @Cberry373 and look at his feedback.

I’ve traded with @Cberry373 before, good guy, sorry to drag him in this but it’s for a good cause!!

FBarber likes this.
  26. MattOC

Trader

@Cberry373 hasn't been seen in months so I doubt we’ll get anything there, unfortunately.

Also, the feedback on that trade is so odd. Both leave positive feedback, but one person says nothing was traded? Wild.

27. Rick91981

Ah gotcha. That was a feedback he left for someone, not one left for him.

FBarber likes this.
  28. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

Not stalkers at all. Personally, I'd reach out via email first though. Less confrontational.

29. Rick91981

Thanks FBarber. I think I'll take your advice and shoot him an email and see if it draws a response.

flat_lander, brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  30. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,110) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Has he been active on any of the other social media since he ghosted you on here?

brutalfarce likes this.
  31. flat_lander

Society Trader

He was checking in the beers OP shipped him on Untappd. :grimacing:

32. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois

While you wait for what appears to be the inevitable (unfortunately), by chance you mind sending me a pm with your info and styles guideline?

Oh and the above was more of a statement than a request if that helps any ....

33. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

34. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,110) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Ya I saw that, it's definitely a bad look. But then it seemed like there was some communication between them because of the "theft" delaying the shipping and then he dropped off the radar. Just curious if they have been active elsewhere and just avoiding ba or if they have dropped.off all the social media in this time

FFFjunkie and Shanex like this.
  35. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (2,053) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

36. flat_lander

Society Trader

No Untappd check ins since Jan 18.

brutalfarce likes this.
  37. Rick91981

That is the most recent activity I have been able to find from him as well. I have reached out to him via email and so far no response, but has only been a bit less than 24 hours as of now.

FFFjunkie and brutalfarce like this.
  38. Rick91981

I'll shoot you a PM.

39. flat_lander

Society Trader

I hate to say it, but there have been BT threads in the past where the BA in question had something life altering happen - at least 2 I'm aware of. Really hope that's not the case here.

Not a whole lot of things will make a younger person completely stop posting to all social media for weeks...

40. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,815) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

@FBarber and all,

I just got back from a party and at 2am here I am pretty exhausted. I just read the thread though,

- The snow excuse would be lame. It's been indeed a pretty mild winter even in Chi-town and around beside a snowstorm here and now.

- He is browsing Untappd AND checking in the beers the OP has sent him (!) while he seemingly didn't send the OPs promised box.

- Hasn't been online on BA in nearly three weeks.

This reeks of BT or plain thief. He's active elsewhere online so it's not like he was hit by a bus three weeks ago.

Lots of BS from that guy and I doubt he'll explain his side of the story.

@Todd tagged so he knows too.

ChicagoJ, Vidblain, John_M and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.