Bad Trader: HopSessions

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Rick91981, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flat_lander

flat_lander Savant (980) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Maybe I missed this, but where has he been active? I thought I read from people no SM activity in several weeks - at least not on BA, Untappd, and Reddit.

FFFjunkie and brutalfarce like this.
  2. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (6,305) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

he was active online initially but that seems to have stopped halfway during this whole timeline.

3. Rick91981

Rick91981 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2018 New York

I hope that isn't the case. I'd rather get stiffed on a trade than see something bad happen to someone.

4. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,817) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

We can safely leave this open for a while until we hear back from this guy. Definitely hope nothing happened to him and also hope we hear from him here (in this thread) sooner than later.

Thanks.

5. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,217) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Corolla virus?

6. Realsambo

Realsambo Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2016 Texas

I think it was a Camry

7. Rick91981

That got a genuine LOL from me.

Realsambo likes this.
  8. Scottsbeer

Scottsbeer Meyvn (1,186) Nov 3, 2017 Florida
    Trader

What he said! :slight_smile:

9. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,294) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Unfortunately, this is my take as well. The browsing Untapped and checking in beers the OP sent him would appear to rule out illness or some other unfortunate accident/injury as a cause for not fulfilling his trade obligation. At this point I agree it's unlikely the BT will ever come back to the community and explain himself.

That being said, it certainly can't hurt to leave this thread open for another week or two, just in case. After that, it would be my recommendation that we ask @Todd to retire his account. I think that's about the limit as to what we can do on BA with this episode.

10. Rick91981

11. TomFoolery_x

TomFoolery_x Zealot (546) Oct 4, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

I thought it was the Modelo virus...? :thinking_face:

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  12. 4truth

4truth Aspirant (237) Jan 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

If it's who I think it is, folks had similar issues with him a couple of years ago on FB/IG. I wouldn't count on getting anything, but hey you never know. Sorry this happened man

Shanex, FBarber and Rick91981 like this.
  13. Rick91981

Sounds like he is a repeat offender then. I don't get why people have to be like that. It won't scare me off from trading in the future though, just will be more cautious with who I trade with. The response and support from everyone here has been amazing, this is a great group of people other than a few bad apples.

Vidblain, Shanex, 4truth and 3 others like this.
  14. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (349) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

Yea man unfortunately happens but lots of awesome traders on here.

Shanex and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  15. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Thankfully, assholes like this seem to be in the distinct minority. This kind of behavior in particular seems to be very, very rare, it's just unfortunate it had to happen to the OP in this case.

From what I can tell, it seems like most traders on BA have nothing but positive experiences with very few hiccups. So I would second @Rick91981 comment that he not let this deter him from continuing to trade on BA in the future. Good luck!

16. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

Can we get his account retired? Regardless if he's a repeat offender, this seems like a clear cut case for a boot.

4truth, Rick91981 and brutalfarce like this.
  17. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

I plan to ask Todd to do that, but wanted to leave this thread open for up to another week on the off chance the BT might come back on BA at some point and explain his actions. I'm not holding my breath hoping that's ever going to occur, but I figured it could do no harm to wait a few more days.

Vidblain, dmbforever, Shanex and 7 others like this.
  18. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

A prudent course of action - thank you!

Shanex, John_M and brutalfarce like this.
  19. Rick91981

That's fair. Not that it will ever happen, but I'd love for him to come back and explain his side.

John_M, brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  20. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,170) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

He never responded to your attempts to contact him outside of hear? What a dirt bag, what the hell is wrong with people.

Vidblain, brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  21. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,170) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Anyway to call this guy out in a social outlet he frequents and cast some light so other people see what he has done?

7irondave, brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  22. Rick91981

I have contacted him here, via Untappd(friend request), Reddit and email and have not gotten a response at all.

23. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (349) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

What a waste for a few beers

4truth, John_M and FBarber like this.
  24. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,113) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

The short sightedness of people always boggles my mind. So much easier to keep a.good trading partner for beers you like. Sometimes, some people suck. Luckily most of us are pretty alright and it sounds like, as usual, OP will be made whole by another awesome person on here

25. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Meyvn (1,115) Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

This just breaks my heart. And for what? A couple cans of Tree House and some locals? I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I generally always offer to ship first. I just received a box of whales and I could easily stiff the guy and walk away with some priceless bottles, but what would I gain? A couple of ticks? This is a community first and foremost, and the experience, friendship, and wide world of trading connections you establish by just being a good, honest person is worth a million times more than a few big bottles of beer. I hope @HopSessions comes forward in the next few days, and offers both an explanation and an apology, and keeps up his end of the trade. Judging by what others have dug up, it doesn't sound like he has suffered a tragedy, but life happens sometimes, and if this is the case, we will forgive you, should you come forth with an explanation and make things right with your trading partner. I'm currently very sick, and have been in and out of hospitals, which has caused a minor delay of a few days with one trader, but I offered him my cell and work numbers, as well as my email, and have remained in constant contact, and as a result, we have established that trust, and he knows I'll be shipping tomorrow. A little bit of honest communication can go a long way. I hope the right thing is done here. Thievery will not be tolerated, and it casts a bad light on the trading community, which is full of wonderful people. Do what's right, and put yourself in someone else's shoes for a moment. If we all just treated others with the same respect we wish to be shown, what a wonderful world it would be.

I'm sorry you're going through this, OP.

26. Realsambo

Realsambo Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2016 Texas

Flood his untapped inbox with friend requests. Maybe he will notice something's up and we're talking about him. Or just annoy him a little.

7irondave likes this.
  27. 4truth

4truth Aspirant (237) Jan 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Can't see anywhere he frequents anymore (other than OP finding him on Untappd), was a FB/IG dynamic from 2017 and I think he got booted from or quit most groups

Shanex and FFFjunkie like this.
  28. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,217) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Scum of the Earth.

Shanex, Rick91981, FFFjunkie and 4 others like this.
  29. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois

@Rick91981

Box is in the wind. Looks like Monday(ish).

Hope you have a great weekend!

30. Scottsbeer

Scottsbeer Meyvn (1,186) Nov 3, 2017 Florida
    Trader

NICE

brutalfarce and FFFjunkie like this.
  31. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

[​IMG]

Roguer, walterfarris, JFreres and 8 others like this.
  32. Rick91981

Thank you! Totally wasn't necessary, but I truly appreciate it!

33. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois

You’re more than welcome. You did your part by reporting a bad trader and I was just glad to have some of the stuff you were shorted to help even you out a bit . It’s the least I could do.

34. MTKATL

MTKATL Champion (873) Jun 9, 2015 Georgia
    Trader

@FFFjunkie you’re an asset to this community! Cheers, man. Well done.

35. HopSessions

HopSessions Initiate (47) Mar 1, 2019 Illinois
    Trader

Hello All,
    After I make right with Rick I will offer an in depth explanation on what truly went down... it’s incredibly personal but If it helps you understand what happened then I’m more than willing to come clean, but before anything else I want to send rick 10-12 beers instead of just 6. He’s been an incredibly great trader and an all around genuine guy. I’m not just saying this to cover my butt because I understand I did this to myself... in due time you will all understand why I went MIA from all beer related social media... thank you. I will offer an update with tracking for Rick in the coming days (before Wednesday is my hope) and I’ll let everyone here know when it is shipped!

36. HopSessions

HopSessions Initiate (47) Mar 1, 2019 Illinois
    Trader

After reading through both pages of comments, some things need to be cleared up. 1. I am not who you think I am.... I am in fact Cody B.... and no one else, I have never been a repeat offender in BA and this account is my one and only account, I have no reason to lie about such, as far as the clear cut case of theft, I am also not that person and ask you all to give me a week to ship this out, I originally posted that I would give clear explanation once Rick received his package but it seems that I must explain now. After receiving the package from op I decided to give them a try, after the end of the night I had all of them and then some... I had already had negative thoughts in my mind and for some reason figured it would be best to rid them by trying some great craft beer, later that night I openly admitted to my loved one that I wanted to rid myself of the earth and was set on doing so. I don’t openly admit this to anyone because suicide is a very serious thing and it’s no ones business but my own. But seeing as I was being ridiculed in this forum I figured I’d open up... finally. Yes, some of you were spot on with the fact that something bad had happened to me, I broke mentallly at the age of 26 and needed help to continue living. This is my story, I didn’t even go into this much detail when sending my first message to Rick since going MIA, I got help, I decided to take a break from drinking and separate myself from drinking apps (outside of seeing what my friends were up to) and it helped, I am mentally competent and ready to make right by this, I understand most of you won’t trust me off the rip and that’s okay, I deserve this for not coming forth, but it’s hard to admit when your mentally ill, that you need help. I will make this up to Rick, and would like to be viewed as someone other than a fraud and a thief.

37. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,817) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

@HopSessions, glad you have found your way to this thread and explained yourself along with some personal details.

Better late than never, I suppose and I’ll leave up to the OP of this thread to accept your new offer.

@Rick91981

38. Rick91981

@HopSessions has PMed me and provided me additional ways of contacting him in the future should there be a need.

@Shanex as long as Cody does indeed follow through, I will consider this matter settled and his side fulfilled.

39. flat_lander

flat_lander Savant (980) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

@HopSessions hope you are on the mend and taking care of yourself. As someone who has worked in the mental health field for over 20 years in this state, getting comprehensive treatment is not easy even if you have "good" insurance. Unfortunately it's even worse for kids. Our country has a long way to go in the mental health treatment realm. Personally, I've lost more friends to depression than I care to count or admit. I'm sure almost everyone on this thread has been affected personally - whether directly or indirectly- in some way shape or form by mental illness.

And this is why I said what I said a ways back (i.e. maybe something is up in this person's life). I'm not here to say I told you so to anyone. And we've certainly seen our share of shitbags dragged into this forum. The majority of tagged BTs in here are in the end, if I may borrow a phrase from another BA, Lords of Shit. But, a few have not been, and I always try to at least consider that maybe this person has something bigger happening. Which is why it makes me nervous when people start with the really inflammatory attacks - something I've certainly been guilty of a time or two. You just don't know what they may be dealing with. This is why I mostly try to stay calm and factual in here.

I'll get off my soap box now, and please, no one take any of those comments personally. Just food for thought. Ultimately, most of the people that come to the BT thread seem to be stand-up people as @FFFjunkie has proven.

EDIT: Oh, and @Rick91981 I really hope everything works out in the end for you, along with what sounds like a nice little bonus box for your troubles. From what I gather about @FFFjunkie I hope your porch is up to code and has decent structural integrity!

#79 flat_lander, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  40. readyski

readyski Defender (603) Jun 4, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Not a health professional but I know that alcoholism can contribute to mental illness. Don't know if that's the case here but perhaps a lesson that we all better monitor (definitely including myself).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.