Bad Trader: KevinM1135

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Juanlopez03, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juanlopez03

Juanlopez03 Initiate (165) May 11, 2013 Nevada
    Trader

Bad trade with @KevinM1135

Agreed to trade Apr 5th. I would send him a bottle of Stagg Jr, he would send me the most recent release of Shared Coffee Shop vibes + (the plus was Ice wall).

I shipped April 8th and he said it arrived Apr 11th.

He sent me a tracking number Apr 8th. Apr 16th i check the tracking since it hadnt arrived and saw that it was damaged and fedex lady told me a box that was supposed to be delivered to me was getting tossed.

I gave it a couple days to see if maybe it would still get delivered but no.

Apr 25th he said he would send a replacement CSV no + hopping that i would be fine with that since he had already shipped once. ( fine with me).

May 6th i check tracking see it gets to salt lake damaged and had not moved for a couple days. I sent him 7 messages letting him know of the issue with no response. It has shown he has been active every couple days since the first message i sent him so i can only assume that he has gotten the notification.

brutalfarce likes this.
  2. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,311) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Sounds like your trade partner needs to step up and rectify the problem instead of ignoring it. Also sounds like he needs to learn how to pack a box.

3. stevepat

stevepat Zealot (598) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Trader

Definitely sounds like he needs to step up his packing game. However it does seem like he has sent beer twice. He certainly needs to make it right in some way that you two can agree on, and needs to communicate better, but I'm not sure if this falls into bad trader territory yet.

brutalfarce and FBarber like this.
  4. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Disciple (390) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Interesting thing to me is that his previous trade feedback calls out his excellent packaging. People don’t usually forget how to pack a box... Something seems strange to have two straight packages damaged.

core42, pjeagles and stevepat like this.
  5. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,333) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Was just about to post the same thing. Several prior feedback comments pointed out the exceptional packing job he did. Yet this time he screws up the packaging on two consecutive shipping attempts? That just seems very, very odd.

eppie82, FBarber, Jaycase and 4 others like this.
  6. 4truth

4truth Aspirant (243) Jan 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

It does seem odd - OTOH, this is only his 8th trade. There's a reason why you should always have traders with fewer than 10 trades ship first. Honestly, fewer than 25 trades frankly is not really enough precedent for consistency in my book. OP has 98 trades completed at 100%, and all of the feedback I see in his profile is stellar. I have little reason to doubt OP's story.

I suppose there's a chance that the Fedex guys on his typical route have wised up and are now cracking packages open to either "seize" (steal/drink) or dump? Have been hearing more of these kinds of stories recently.

Would be nice if he responded either to you or here, but doesn't really sound like BT territory yet.

7. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,082) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

He got your beer, you didn't get the beer he owes you, with lack of communication this is a bad trade. I have never heard of two boxes being broken, I have shipped probably 300 boxes and every one of them arrived safely. If I had one broken, the next one would be packed so well it would take a nuclear bomb to destroy it.

If not for the complete lack of communication I would give him a little benefit of doubt, but going dark is not cool.

Vidblain, eppie82, FBarber and 5 others like this.
  8. jrnyc

Trader

and BT in question was on this site 19 minutes ago, hopefully he shows up here and gets the beer into the hands of OP.

FBarber and brutalfarce like this.
  9. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Exactly my take as well. Anyone can have bad luck and have some breakage on occasion I guess, but twice back to back? Like you, after one such episode it would take a truck running over the box to cause any breakage a second time around if I was shipping.

FBarber, jrnyc and brutalfarce like this.
  10. KingforaDay

KingforaDay Defender (664) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Not only 2 boxes back to back being broken but FedEx confiscating or tossing both of them?
    Does FedEx automatically toss packages that are leaking? There has to be more to this story as it is too hard to believe.

jrnyc, FBarber and brutalfarce like this.
  11. jrnyc

Trader

Once I had a box delivered to me that had 3 broken bottles and was dripping in beer. Another time a bottle musy have leaked en-route, box was opened, bottle was taken out and the carrier must have re-packed it because box I got was not what OP packed it in.

brutalfarce likes this.
  12. Juanlopez03

Trader

Have finally got in touch with him. Wish It wouldn’t have taken this but communication was good up untill his last message. after that i didnt get any response for weeks. Asked a couple buddies and most of them agreed that it was probably a bad trader situation and it was within reason to post on bad trader forum. Regardless hes reached out to me this morning, and we will get this straightened out.

13. jrnyc

Trader

What was their excuse? Amazing the power of the bad trader thread!

bshemansky and brutalfarce like this.
  14. Juanlopez03

Trader

Just unfortunate issues with fedex. he apologized for the lack of communication due to him beeing really busy and will be sending back the stagg Jr I sent him. Shit happens sometimes, We got it figured out problem solved.

15. TurkeysDrinkBeer

TurkeysDrinkBeer Initiate (55) Sep 8, 2018 Virginia
    Trader

Sounds like he needs to package better and maybe think about using a different delivery service. Personally avoid FedEx like the plague, too many horror stories from fellow traders.

16. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Zealot (563) Apr 18, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

I think a disproportionate amount of people use FedEx. So there should be more horror stories come from shipping with them.

@Juanlopez03 glad this at least came to a quick resolution for you.

17. colby600

colby600 Zealot (518) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

He should avoid using FedEx to send your bottle back as they may be on to him. He's going to be in a difficult situation if the bottle being returned gets damaged.

brutalfarce and Rustytacos like this.
  18. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Initiate (116) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

Out of curiosity @Juanlopez03 , what did you use to ship? I use USPS 99% of the time, always reliable and quicker. Dealing with high value items in my profession, the quicker it gets there the better. With beer sometimes it can't be replaced so I go with the most reliable, I'm, USPS. Only once something happened to a box I shipped, it leaked, and USPS still shipped it with another bag. Ups and FedEx ground tend to crush test the boxes.

19. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Still scratching my head a bit on this one, but as long as you're satisfied with how this all played out, I guess we can shut this thread down.

Will leave this open for further commentary/input until tomorrow and will then shut this down.

brutalfarce, FBarber and MattOC like this.
  20. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,717) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

I agree. I’m nearly 100% USPS, UPS if I had to. Never FedEx.

21. cmukid87

cmukid87 Disciple (307) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

Everyone has their own preference. I refuse to ship USPS because the first 3 boxes that were ever shipped to me (from 3 different traders) were destroyed. Over 12 bottles in total, only one of the 12 was not broken nor had it leaked. The others, including cans, had been damaged and/or leaked. Swore from that day on I would never use USPS. Over 100 packages via fedex from my end with not a single issue. Knock on wood.

jmarkh, mayorQuimby and brutalfarce like this.
  22. jrnyc

Trader

Can you leave this open until at least OP gets back original beer he sent.

23. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Sure. Probably only prudent to do that. :sunglasses:

brutalfarce and jrnyc like this.
  24. Juanlopez03

Trader

Since it was just the bottle of Stagg jr, i ziplocked, bubble wrapped the shit out of it, and it fit perfect in a medium usps box. for single/small bottles or cans, i will use usps cuz its cheaper and arrives quickly anywhere.

plus mail always swings by and can pick up any day. sometimes due to work i cant always catch fedex/ups drop stops open.

anything larger than that i always go fedex or ups depending on trading partners preference.

25. Juanlopez03

Trader

youre not the only one left scratching their head. Unfortunate that it ended this way but like i said, he got a hold of me, we worked it out and will be sending back what i sent him (via ups not fedex since other two boxes went missing).

All i wanted was 1 of 3 things. the trade to be completed and we both get what we agreed to trade, my stuff sent back if he cant replace his end, or had he already opend the bottle keep what i sent and just VM or PP what i spent.

If this stays open i will post when i get my bottle back.

26. Sinzanasti

Sinzanasti Devotee (420) Apr 3, 2014 Ohio
    Society Trader

Still sucks that you had to pay to ship the bottle to him. You are essentially out this cost because of him. I'm figuring that you are not pressing him to reimburse you for your shipment since you just want it closed. Or maybe because you are a quality trader. I'm guessing it is both reasons.

7irondave and flat_lander like this.
  27. Juanlopez03

Trader

Safe to close this down. Bottle arrived intact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.