Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Baladin's Xyauyu Barrel

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ynnpar, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ynnpar

ynnpar Apr 17, 2007 United Kingdom (England)

Bought a bottle for a special occasion the other day for $61. Special occasion was indeed special and we ended up drinking the whole bottle. Overall i feel a bit let down given the cost - not because I thought it was bad, but more because it didn't strike me as that different from the original versions. The fume remains my favorite of the series, I think - lots of wonderful different flavors in there. Anyone had any experience with the barrel version yet? Thoughts?
  2. kevanb

kevanb Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

3. ynnpar

ynnpar Apr 17, 2007 United Kingdom (England)

I'm not a great reviewer but will give it a shot when I get some more time. Flavor and smell somewhat sweeter than the regular Xyauyu, mouthfeel the same, very drinkable for the high ABV. Reminded me of a dessert wine, sort of.
  4. Etan

Etan Jul 11, 2011 Wisconsin

Sweeter than which regular Xyauyu? There are 3, not including Fume and Terre.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!