Barrel aged beers- St. Louis

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by TboneRN, Apr 19, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

Yes I know about side project...that aside
    My sister will be there this weekend...any recomendations of anything good left on the shelves?
    Shalfly barrel aged imperial stout? any other good barrel aged beers?!

Your help is much abliged

2. bluedevil23

bluedevil23 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2012 Missouri

I haven't had it yet, but The Wine and Cheese Place just released BA Box of Chocolates from Charleville. They have a bit left and it's going to be up for online reservation in the morning. Folllow @TWCPBeer on Twitter if you want some of that.

Outside of that, the Schlafly BA Stout should be fairly easy to find. You might find some 2nd Shift BA I Am Become Death, which is a wheatwine. I haven't had the BA version, but the base is quite good. I would also highly recommend 2nd Shift Katy, which is an oak aged brett beer.

I'm not thinking of much else at this time, hopefully someone else can fill in anything I might be missing. BA beers tend to go quick.

TboneRN likes this.
  3. TboneRN

I have had the Schlafly BA stout and its good, I will for sure have my sister look for that
    What about the Schlafly RESERVE BA Stout? Have you tried that or do you know if it is still around?

4. TboneRN

Or maybe it is the same beer

jaminjohnson likes this.
  5. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Randalls may still have some of the Schlafly BA Spiced Stout (Randalls exclusive)

Also could get some Schlafly Reserve Barleywine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.