Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Barrel Aged Pimp My Rye @ the B&B

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Domingo, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,233) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

While I wasn't able to make it to the TRVE Nazareth tapping, I did discover this little gem was back on at the Bull and Bush right now. It's a rye whiskey barrel aged rye wine and it's about as good as any barrel aged beer I've had, too. Like the Chancellor from the 'Koop - this one is way under the radar, but is wonderful.

coreymcafee likes this.
  2. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Poo-Bah (3,186) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

PVW barrel?

3. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,233) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Nah, this one isn't Pappy, although they have had PVW aged Liquid Brain before.
    This one was aged in Pikesville Rye barrels. Erik at the B&B is apparently pretty close with the folks at Heaven Hill.

4. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Poo-Bah (3,186) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I should have read your initial post a little more closely! I think I got too excited because I was thinking of the tank town brown which was aged in pvw barrels and was fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.