Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

BA's in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by jhartley, Jan 14, 2013.

1. jhartley

Beer Trader

Is there any BA's currently living in Hawaii? Just curious what the selection is like and how available craft beers are in our 50th state.

2. UCLABrewN84

My parents live on Maui, so I have experience when visiting them. The selection is decent, but the best beer store on the island is Whole Foods to be honest. Maui Brewing is also always worth a visit, especially for their pub only offerings. I haven't been to any of the other islands since I have been legal, but I know that there are better stores, bars, etc. than on Maui.

3. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

4. GCurlow

I live in Honolulu.

jhartley likes this.
  5. Hardcore

It's decent here on Kauai. The local brewery, Kauai Island Brewery, is pretty good and we get most offerings form Deschutes, Sierra Nevada, Anderson, Rogue, Maui Brewing, Sam Adams, Widmer, North Coast, Mendocino, and most Belgians too. Oahu has the best selection and availability.

6. islandboi8204

Beer Trader

The selection is decent but could be better here in Honolulu. I guess that's what happens when you're so isolated from everything. I picked up a bunch of different shelf Cantillon here the other day. I can't remember the last time I saw Cuvee Saint-Gilloise, Fou Foune, Vigneronne, and Iris just sitting around.

jmgrub likes this.
  7. papat444

Beer Trader

A BA from Hawaii was my first trade many years ago, atigerlife. Don't know if he's still active though.

8. July2Nov

Beer Trader

If you seek it, you shall find it.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe