Battery Steele Brewing

Discussion in 'New England' started by Davl22, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (302) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

Anyone try these guys yet? They moved into the industrial park next to Foundation. A buddy gave me their IPA today and it's tasting great. Very MBC Mo/Lunch-esque, super clean and crisp with a phenomenal aroma.
    [​IMG]

Wowcoolman, Westra and papposilenus like this.
  2. Westra

Westra Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2015 Maine

The Flume is amszing

3. Hoppy_Time

Hoppy_Time Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2016 Maine

Glad to see they finally opened, Can t wait to try their initial line up. An IPA, DIPA, Biere de Garde and a stout, sounds good to me. I've heard good things thus far.

4. cdilisio

cdilisio Initiate (54) Apr 18, 2015 Maine

Hearing good things too. And they can only get better from here!

5. mmorris15

mmorris15 Zealot (519) Dec 30, 2015 Maine

Stopped by yesterday and tried all 4 beers. All were very good. They're worth checking out. Ended up grabbing cans of Flume.

VABA likes this.
  6. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (178) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

This new spot sounds great. I think I will definitely check it out this weekend. How often do they have cans available for purchase?

7. Aaron58

Aaron58 Initiate (184) Dec 16, 2007 Massachusetts

I was at Austin St last Sunday, hadnt heard of Battery at all.

They werent pouring, but i poked my head in and bought a 4pk of Flume on a whim. This beer is AWESOME. I wish I had bought more.

8. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (178) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

Yeah, I got cans of Flume and Kineo and I wish I got more than one four pack of each. Awesome addition to Industrial Way!

9. bla211

bla211 Initiate (119) Mar 17, 2015 Colorado

Maybe it was just me but I was extremely disappointed by both Flume and Kineo. Neither were cold when I was sold them from the brewery window. I got them cold as soon as I could but when I drank them a couple days later they tasted bad. Also Kineo has the canning date of 3/30/2017 on the bottom. Selling room temp month+ old cans is kinda a non starter for me. Will not be buying more cans for a while.

10. topsham134

topsham134 Initiate (16) May 18, 2017 New York

I got a four pack of the Kineo the first weekend their sales window was open, so they were pretty fresh. Unfortunately, I found the Kineo to be meh at best. I would not buy again.

11. marcrgrenier

marcrgrenier Initiate (66) Apr 22, 2015 New Hampshire
    Trader

kineo was meh to me as well, but the flume was really good. Reminded me of Foley Prospect. But, I heard they might not brew it again for months, which is a bummer.

12. hopley

hopley Meyvn (1,326) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm all for supporting Maine breweries but I'm a little circumspect about a new brewery when I hear things about selling dated non-refrigerated cans. But what makes me even more wary is when a new brewery goes from no production to canning at the first stage of operation. It's a confident albeit pretty risky move based on assumed market demand and I wish them all the luck in the world and I'll surely be there to drink and assess their beer, but I'm going to wait until they dial in those recipes over the next year as I question what we're seeing on the BA ratings page might reflect some initial ratings enthusiasm for a new Industrial Way entrant - I hope I'm wrong though and these ratings are genuinely high and my initial skepticism is unfounded. Anyway, I'll now shake off my Massachusetts curmudgeon hat and put my Mainiac hat back on and say welcome to the neighborhood Battery Steele, here's to wishing you every chance for success!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.