BBA framinghammer?

Discussion in 'New England' started by OrangeAmps, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

really? damn. been looking, but long gone from all my locals. will need to go dig more. vanilla & coffee were great, but i am also 100% happy with just the regular... so good.

2. yeedog

yeedog Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Does Julio's do anything special like hand out tickets with numbers for this kind of release or will it just be a free for all at 1PM with people rushing for bottles? I assume the bottles will not go on sale until the release party starts a 1PM, but maybe sales for bottles start at 9AM when Julio's open?

3. Rekrule

Rekrule Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Massachusetts

I kind of want to go just to see it. I'd taste the flight watch the chaos and not buy a single bottle.

4. Rekrule

Yeah it's certainly still around. Kappy's in danvers had a good amount just this Saturday.

5. Rekrule

Also....Any chance Julio's puts a bottle limit on to prevent it from becoming a shit show?

6. MattOC

MattOC Aspirant (205) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I hear you man. That's the way of the beer world nowadays. Like it or not.

7. MattOC

MattOC Aspirant (205) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Yes. I wasn't going to make it on Saturday anyways, but that is the reason I got what I wanted today at the brewery.

8. emottram

emottram Devotee (455) Feb 8, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Not sure but Julio's said on their FB page no limits. Maybe that will change after today

9. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Yea I thought it disappeared a week or so ago but it keeps popping up. Either stores have a bunch in the back or the distributor has a stockpile.

10. BarrelAgedBrian

BarrelAgedBrian Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2013 Massachusetts

So, is there any still at the brewery?

11. willbm3

They probably should. They probably should've done it at the brewery as well to help spread it out a bit. When you only have 40 total cases to sell it seems kinda crazy to sell a case (or more) to a single person.

Rekrule likes this.
  12. tehzachatak

see earlier... 15 bottles total, including both coffee & vanilla. still cannot believe it went that fast... at 6 there was TONS left.

13. Rekrule

I agree. At 4 each flavor it would have stretched. JA likely didn't know what to expect. Now that there is a baseline a lime should be set. Or [unpopular opinion] raise the price to meet demand [/unpopular opinion]

14. concealed

concealed Aspirant (281) May 7, 2009 Georgia
    Beer Trader

ISO: Barrel Aged Lime Framinghammer

15. willbm3

Honestly even if the limit was 8 each variety per person it would've made a difference. I don't think they were prepared for the horde. The employees pouring samples and ringing people up sure seemed surprised.

Also, not sure what limes have to do with this :)

Rekrule and concealed like this.
  16. Rekrule

*Limit

But I am also ISO : Barrel Aged Lime Framinghammer. :D

Hammerita.

Auror likes this.
  17. mcBrewsAlot

mcBrewsAlot Initiate (178) Dec 3, 2008 Massachusetts

The question you have to ask yourself is would have done the same at Founders for some KBS or any other brewery release. We should all be happy that there is a local brewery brewing some good beers! We should all remember this moment in time.. We were here from the beginning!

18. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

They were almost out when I left about 7 with 7 of each plus a couple of the ABCs. I was told the Lawson's collaboration was going to be much larger than these and the BA Framminghammer.

19. willbm3

The coffee is pretty fantastic. Vanilla is scheduled for tomorrow

20. Auror

Auror Defender (633) Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I'm not a huge espresso/strong coffee flavor fan, but the coffee variant was good. Vanilla was fairly subtle...but better than coffee and awesome.

21. Rekrule

Same. I thought the coffee was up there with KBS and I thought the comparison to the regular was off the mark.

It was a beautiful balance between the flavors.

22. atdunn9

atdunn9 Initiate (49) Feb 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Given all the reviews on here I can't wait to try the vanilla ones. I got 5 of each. Share some with friends and age some.

23. IPAkindaguy

IPAkindaguy Aspirant (291) Aug 20, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

I was there at 6:45 and saw tons left. Granted as I left some guy was buying a box. Surprised it went that fast. Wish I picked up a few extra at that point.

24. RichD

RichD Champion (805) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

I'll be extremely upset if I am unable to buy any of this. I've been putting of my brewery visit for a month now and I'm going tomorrow. With that being said, anyone who buys a case of each is a greedy fuck. Enough said.

25. mmmaaattt

mmmaaattt Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Massachusetts

Just clearing my conscience, I suppose. Hard not to feel guilty when so many people are going to miss out.

Society can not function without bottle limits.

IcemanCometh and willbm3 like this.
  26. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (295) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I was in that group. I was paying attention though. :)

Loved the coffee. Vanilla is very good but wish I still had a regular BA to do side by side.

27. SHCC

SHCC Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2012 Massachusetts

I didn't even want to read this board. My wife and I have one car, and she needed it tonight. I contemplated taking the train out there tonight (checked the schedule) and thought, there still should be some after work on Friday. It hasn't ever been this bad before. Wow.

28. RKing44

RKing44 Disciple (388) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Was at the brewery yesterday, grabbed a case of each (36 total). Had to make two trips to the car to load it all in. Thanks for no bottle limits Jack's Abby! Also, can not wait for the release at Julio's. The sampling of all 4 will be a big highlight for one of my favorite beers. I'm glad this doesn't have the hype of KBS so we can all enjoy it.

29. IcemanCometh

IcemanCometh Aspirant (290) Sep 6, 2012 Massachusetts

And by "we" you mean you with your 2 cases haha

willbm3, AdamP, SHCC and 2 others like this.
  30. yeedog

yeedog Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

because people can't buy for other people as well? No idea if that's what the guy plans to do, but not everybody buying a case is hording.

31. Gunboat82

Gunboat82 Initiate (199) Jul 3, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Like Iceman, I am having a hard time reconciling your statement that you bought a case of each with your statement that "we can all enjoy it."

willbm3 and vonnegut21 like this.
  32. vonnegut21

vonnegut21 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

They definitely should have. At only 40 cases, letting people buy a case each is too much.

willbm3 likes this.
  33. davey101

davey101 Meyvn (1,080) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Did you not see his hat? He's #1!

/cancels trip to JA today....

They had no limit so its fair game. But implementing a bottle limit on each variant would ensure that everyone had a chance to get to the brewery and get some over a few days. He could have purchased 40 cases and shared it too....

willbm3 and RichD like this.
  34. benbking

benbking Disciple (304) Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

yep, damn my schedule. oh well.

35. tehzachatak

so you bought a case of each... and you're going to the Julio's release... to drink more...

36. Auror

Auror Defender (633) Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Let's not let this thread devolve. This is a limited beer, but everyone that went to the brewery during their open hours bought as much as they wanted; they did not run out. There's also another day/way to buy the beer, which is even more accessible. Sometimes, things don't work out, and it will suck if you aren't able to make either of the days (or more if Julio's lasts past a day), but I don't think bottle limits have much impact if you aren't able to get any considering the circumstances.

tehzachatak and davey101 like this.
  37. davey101

davey101 Meyvn (1,080) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Bro dude....its his favorite brewskie. And quit hyping it to KBS levels so we can all enjoy it.

38. RKing44

RKing44 Disciple (388) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

This.

There is still some left at the brewery AND just as much being released at Julio's, don't give up, this can be reconciled.

I am #1, MA is a better state without you coming to it.

Supporting local business is something you must not have interest in. I do, and I get to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Why do you care what products I consume?

Dude Bro, great contribution. I really hope you can find some.

39. koflaherty

koflaherty Initiate (192) Nov 11, 2009 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Thanks for this. This regional board has been a good community and we've mostly been free of accusations and bragging. There's enough of that on the main board.

I was one of the folks that thought about going yesterday, but missed out (and I'm gone this weekend). I do wish they had put limits on it, but without limits I can't blame anyone for buying as much as they want (whether hoarding, trading, or whatnot). JA has never had a run on their beers like this and I'm sure they are paying attention and will be more aware next time. I'm sure they also can - and should - make these beers again and in much greater quantities. They seem to have quality control down well. I'm sure they can replicate them in larger batches.

davey101 likes this.
  40. geocool

geocool Initiate (175) Jun 21, 2006 Massachusetts

Oops, too late.

davey101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe