British Columbia [BC] Upcoming / New Release Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JasonLovesBeer, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutager

Rutager Oct 18, 2010 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

All of 'em! LOL Now I don't feel so bad buying 8.

2. JasonLovesBeer

JasonLovesBeer Mar 27, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

All you guys and your high bottle counts of Lustrum made me feel inferior, so I picked a couple more up today (6 total). Given my cellar size, four in there will be a significant part of the cellar's landscape. Looking forward to spreading them out over the next 3-4 years!

Rutager likes this.
  3. Kump

Kump May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Just posted. Colour me excited.

[​IMG]

4. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

F*ck it, I don't need to pay for a new house, I'll just buy all this beer and build a house out of it... Damn you breweries, damn you! :D

604growler likes this.
  5. Boozecamel

Boozecamel Feb 25, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Vancouver house prices buys alot of beer! You could have a beer bottle mansion.

JonnyBeers likes this.
  6. Kump

Beer Trader

And just imagine the natural light… well… if you use crappy bottles.

7. canucklehead

canucklehead Mar 7, 2003 British Columbia (Canada)

don't forget the release of Phillips Snowcase 24 pack which at about $62-69 is a much better deal than the Craft beer advent calendar. ( I got mine). Also saw Rogue Brutal IPA at 6.99 at the government stores.

8. canucklehead

Beerthirst just announced on Facebook that Jolly Pumpkin is back in BC and also on tap as well

9. Kump

Beer Trader

First they bring back Southern Tier. Now, Jolly Pumpkin. Next… Dogfish Head?

10. JasonLovesBeer

Was discussing that with a friend yesterday - Dogfish Head in BC would be amazing!

I want to go pick up a pack of Jubelale but going to try to drink down some stouts first

Erik-P likes this.
  11. Lurkaholic

Lurkaholic Jun 14, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Speaking of stouts, seeing a bunch more of the BA Pothole Filler that we were talking about around town now. Steamworks bottle shop had 4 (I took two) just now. Yum!

12. Kump

Beer Trader

Four Winds just confirmed on twitter that they're bottling a Brett Saison next week, and have just filled barrels with a black sour. Yum.

13. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

Hermannator is in stores now 6 packs. As per Twitter there will be a limited release of bombers, waxed and date stamped. I'm guessing this is because of winning best in show at BC Beer Awards.

14. Kump

Beer Trader

Shame I already bought and waxed my own 6 pack.

Edit: That sounds like I waxed my abs. I did not. I did not wax my abs.

JasonLovesBeer and JonnyBeers like this.
  15. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

I believe I was lucky enough to try some 09 bottles of hermanator at hopapalooza this year, though I'd have to confirm on the menu. Utterly phenomenal how well it ages... it's going to be hard to hold out for that long, but it'll be well worth it for those who can manage! Time to test my self control...

16. Kump

Beer Trader

Yep, they were 09's. I had a glass too. Really fantastic.

17. JasonLovesBeer

I would say that VIB seems to be capitalizing on the increasing popularity of cellaring and taking advantage of beer geek's affinity for neat-o packaging... except... I am really thankful that they are.

So I need to make room in the cellar over the next month or two for:
    - Four Winds barrel aged brett-saison
    - VIB Hermanator waxed bottles
    - Deschutes Abyss
    - Driftwood Barrel Dweller & Singularity (still a little ways out I think?)

And this is such a limited view of the good stuff coming... shoot. I gotta finish this coffee and start drinking.

18. JasonLovesBeer

That Spruce Tip Stout collab beer is a light bodied coffee stout. Man there is a lot of coffee in there! Not much else, either.

19. Kump

Beer Trader

Oh boy… we're getting New Belgium La Terroir early next week. So much good new beer lately…

JasonLovesBeer likes this.
  20. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Evil Twin's Imperial Biscotti Break just arrived in Liberty Wine Store on Commercial, too. It's a good week. :)

Kump likes this.
  21. Kump

Beer Trader

Yeah they got it at Central City earlier last week too.

22. Kump

Beer Trader

Looks like brewery creek's already got the terroir in stock. That was quick.

23. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Pales in comparison to the real star of the show... the rogue voodoo doughnut chocolate peanut butter banana beer! Woooooooo!

schopenhauerale likes this.
  24. EskimoDave

EskimoDave Dec 2, 2008 British Columbia (Canada)

Nah, was decided prior to the win.

JonnyBeers likes this.
  25. JasonLovesBeer

I saw that on Facebook about 15 minutes ago. There are two in my fridge now. :D

Stopped by Bridge Brewing after work because they mentioned they have the CAMRA Boston rounds available - and as of tomorrow, they'll have their own labelled Boston rounds as well (I was just barely too early!). Glad another local brewery is getting on board with the Boston round - by far my favourite size and shape.

26. Kump

Beer Trader

Yeah I grabbed a few too, along with the JP's.

27. JasonLovesBeer

Local content. Apologies me and my dad's half-drunk woodworking project is such an eyesore, but it sure is functional!

[​IMG]

smekermann, Hornet2003 and Rutager like this.
  28. Kump

Beer Trader

Granville Island has just filled a bunch of barrels with barley wine. Dunno when that'll be bottled though.

29. JasonLovesBeer

So 2-3 weeks for Four Winds Saison-Brett. I popped into a government store for the first time in a long time (for a sixer of Hermannator) and saw Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA and 8Wired Hopwired - that was unexpected! I see the supply chain for the gov stores is improving a little.

30. Hornet2003

Hornet2003 Jan 26, 2006 British Columbia (Canada)

Last year's BarleyWine from GIB was fantastic in my opinion. Very boozy, oaky, with a strong dose of hops. Hope they try barrel aging their imperial chocolate stout too.

31. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

I think it really depends on the store. The one on Cambie at 6th is a very interesting one - they have a small selection, but they often have 4 or 5 cases of something very unexpected stacked up beside their beer display. I don't check it out as often as I should but last summer they had cases of Anchorage's White IPA stacked up there (and for sale very cheaply too) - it's often worth checking out if you're nearby.

32. JasonLovesBeer

Huh, I have a GIB barleywine from last year I've been meaning to drink pretty much since I bought it but it still waits. Looking forward to it a little more now!

Rode my bike out to 16th St today to take advantage of the good weather... picked up two of the three Dissidents left out and a Mad Bruin - felt pretty odd to be able to buy those still! So I guess the Dissidents have been at room temp for over a year, not ideal but I'm sure they can take it.

#72 JasonLovesBeer, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  33. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

Pretty sure the Dissident wouldn't have all been sitting out in the store that long. They bought 40% of all that came into BC. They probably have more in the back fridge lol. Maybe a few months on shelves, at least there's no natural light in that corner :) Did they have Belle Royale still? Saw a bottle or two last week I was there.

34. JasonLovesBeer

No Belle, which was what I had gone for. My brother found a stash in Kelowna, though!

35. JasonLovesBeer

Abyss ships in a week. I think it will be a three-digit day for me when it arrives locally.

Kump and Lurkaholic like this.
  36. Kump

Beer Trader

37. Kump

Beer Trader

38. canucklehead

16th in WVan has Maui Brewing in six packs . They even have the Breadfruit/papaya collab with DFH . It is 8.2& ABV and about 17 a six which is close to prices in maui.

39. Kump

Beer Trader

Really wish we could mix and match here… doubt I'd want 6 of those.

40. canucklehead

They are amazing , the age has moved the fruit to the back but the hops are still big. Tastes like a DIPA with citra hops . you would want six :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe