Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

British Columbia [BC] Upcoming / New Release Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JasonLovesBeer, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Hmmm I'd rather go across the border and get a mix 6 of cans for half the price :). Locally I'll buy local. American import tax is bullshit

2. JasonLovesBeer

JasonLovesBeer Mar 27, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

So I guess Blackstone porter is back now which is excellent, but I am going to pass on that and anxiously await Abyss. There are just too many good porters and stouts available by growler locally right now, my bottled purchases are reduced to just the most notable.

3. Lurkaholic

Lurkaholic Jun 14, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Woolly bugger is drinking fantastically, just in case you guys are sitting on yours... I was planning on holding onto a few to age but I can't imagine it's going to get any better than it already is.

4. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Brewery creek just landed a motherload of TDD, including Dulcis Succubus. Aaaaand there's also Quetsche Tilquin (in both sizes!) and Horal's Oude Geuze Mega Blend. This has been an expensive Tuesday :)

604growler and Boozecamel like this.
  5. JasonLovesBeer

Shit, I am gonna accumulate so much beer before the end of the year - especially since I have an Advent calender distracting me for much of December. I bought 4 more Le Terroir's from Firefly MR on the way to visit family today because I freaking love that stuff.

Lurkaholic and Rutager like this.
  6. Boozecamel

Boozecamel Feb 25, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

I'm in the same boat with the Terroir's. Hard not to spend too much on them.

Lurkaholic and Rutager like this.
  7. Kump

Kump May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Yeah I stopped at BC on the way home... $$$

8. Rutager

Rutager Oct 18, 2010 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I thought I was the only one. 6 or 7 empty bottles in the recycle bin so far. ;)

Lurkaholic likes this.
  9. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

I had to 'artfully arrange' my recycling and take a photo of it the last time I took it out I was so sad to see the bottles go...

[​IMG]

Only one La Terroir in the bin, but there were a couple more in the previous bunch I took out... and still got a couple in the fridge :) Delicious stuff.

10. JasonLovesBeer

i need to invite myself over in the future

JonnyBeers likes this.
  11. Rutager

Beer Trader

Vanilla! Nice :)

12. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Good friend had a birthday, couldn't think of a better bottle to open! Huge thanks to StJamesGate for bringing that over from Ireland for an IP trade. Was simply sitting on a shelf in Dublin... and I thought we had a lot of crazy shelf turds!

I have to say, as awesome as it was to try it and as nice as it was I preferred the coffee and the regular BCBS. Very happy to hear they'll be in Washington this time around!

JonnyBeers likes this.
  13. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

We need to start a carpooling program to go down to Bellingham for US releases lol.

14. Rutager

Beer Trader

Agreed, Coffee has got to be my #1 all time stout. Getting thirsty here...

Lurkaholic likes this.
  15. Boozecamel

Peche 'n Brett...... sooooooooooo goood.

16. Kump

Beer Trader

Need... Beer... Now...

17. Kump

Beer Trader

Lurkaholic likes this.
  18. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

A Druivenbier? Never heard of it before now... sounds pretty awesome. I think I'll give that a try for sure.

Though this last sentence... "This is true refined style, with the unmistakable splash of Big Rock refreshment."... is a little off putting.

#98 Lurkaholic, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  19. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

So basically they're saying it's just going to taste like Trad with a varying degree of water?

20. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Sounds more like a trad / grape drank blend :)

21. JasonLovesBeer

Four Winds' brett saison will be available Saturday at the brewery. I think it'll be a nice day for a little road trip.

Rutager and JonnyBeers like this.
  22. Kump

Beer Trader

Available today now, apparently. Still going tomorrow though.

23. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

At brewery creek right now! I love road trips and all, but that's hard to beat... :)

24. JasonLovesBeer

Yeah I picked up four at Brewery Creek - will crack one tomorrow!

25. Boozecamel

Why wait! What's the verdict?

Rutager and JasonLovesBeer like this.
  26. JasonLovesBeer

I know I know, it's Friday and everything, but I'm headed out to dinner in a couple minutes then to share some other, predetermined beers with Lurk at a mutual friend's BDay! Though there are chances of one of these bottles ending up coming along.

Lurkaholic likes this.
  27. Erik-P

Erik-P Aug 19, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

So I just discovered this forum on the site.. oh man do I have some work to do!

28. JasonLovesBeer

I may have been pretty tipsy by the time Lurk cracked a bottle of Dulcis Succubus but my love for it was unmistakeable! So good. I may have to swallow the price tag and get more.

29. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Yeah what a phenomenal beer - I think it might be my favourite Canadian sour so far. Very glad I picked up a couple more of those. Thank you Quebec!

30. Boozecamel

The verdict from me is thumbs up for Four Winds Saison Brett! They have made a fine beer. Really enjoyed it. Lots of swearing getting the cork out though!

Rutager likes this.
  31. JasonLovesBeer

Opening my bottle momentarily!

Question for you guys though, is there a local shop that sells a decent selection of beer glasses? Hoping to get both snifters and small tasters with paddle. The latter is actually for the girlfriend's school project (wish my schooling was that fun).

32. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

Dollar stores, Dollarama all have pretty decent selection of glasses. Atkinson's on Granville has an amazing selection, but it'll cost ya. Also The Bay has a cool little beer glass selection downtown.

JasonLovesBeer likes this.
  33. smekermann

smekermann Oct 18, 2006 British Columbia (Canada)

Anybody have any idea when Parallel 49's Toques of Hazard is supposed to be released? They've had it as "coming soon" for almost a month now on their Facebook page. Also, anybody try it yet? Stats/impressions pls.

34. Kump

Beer Trader

It was just being bottled yesterday (as per pictures) so I suspect it'll be in tasting room today/tomorrow.

35. smekermann

Hmm, it's been too long since I've paid a visit to their tasting room. I should change that.

36. Kump

Beer Trader

Tried it today. Not a fan. Has a kind of methane/mushroom note that I find in certain white IPAs (looking at you, Anchorage). The alcohol's really present too. The sahti was great though!

37. smekermann

Are you talking about Galaxy? I loved that beer. I think the Brett is what kinda made it for me, though. Still, looking forward to giving this a try. I know a lot of people weren't too taken with Snap, Crackle, Hop either, and I felt like some sort of awful fanboy for loving it as much as I did. Will check out the Sahti Claus, too.

Thanks for the trip report.

38. Kump

Beer Trader

Yeah, it might just be me. I had Galaxy a looong time ago too, so it might have had other factors (most everybody else seems to quite like it). I dug Snap Crackle Hop though.

39. Torontoblue

Torontoblue Jun 12, 2005 Alberta (Canada)
    Subscriber

Due sometime in December, probably just before Xmas so a January release given how slow the BCLDB are:

The Fifty Fifty 2013 ECLIPSE SINGLE BARREL EDITION is about to roll out in Western Canada. Supplies are extremely limited.

SKU in Alberta 759224
    SKU in BC 96123

EACH CASE WILL CONTAINS 2 BOTTLES OF 6 DIFFERENT BARREL AGED BEERS - THEY CAN BE DISTINGUISHED BY THE WAX COLORS OUTLINED BELOW.

High West Bourbon - Tangerine
    Elijah Craig 12-yr. - Purple
    Java Coffee - Lavender
    Evan Williams - Black
    Makers Mark - Metallic Silver
    Four Roses - Bright Red

I believe just 50 cases for BC, with 50 coming to AB. Or it may be 50 split, just trying to find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe