Bcbs costco in ne

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by crusian, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusian

crusian Crusader (788) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Trader

Wandering around costco ne pdx today for snack lunch and grabbed a case of bc... looked around... hmm, ok. Why not. $8.89 a bottle. They also had tequila abyss. Grabbed 1. Sounds gross. Lol

JasonJYoung likes this.
  2. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Initiate (146) Nov 10, 2013 Washington

brainzzzzzzz
    market sharreeeeeeeee

beertunes, 66jzmstr, ewendel and 2 others like this.
  3. EdwardAbbey

EdwardAbbey Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2015 Washington
    Deactivated

To buy this beer is
    to stick a knife in the heart
    of what you should love.

4. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,533) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Buying at Costco
    Takes brew away from bros so
    Thanks for crushing bros hopes

????
    Not sure where I was going with this.

NWer and vurt like this.
  5. beertunes

Society Trader

Plus, how does one "wander into Costco for snack lunch"?

Except for the cheap hot dog or pizza, what else would be "lunch" or "snack" size?
    :wink:

BeerandLoathing, vurt and ballardbeer like this.
  6. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,104) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Samples? My daughter and I happened to hit Costco on crazy sample day and had a full lunch and even dessert.

66jzmstr, BuckeyeOne, NWer and 2 others like this.
  7. crusian

Trader

Exactly. I needed gas, and was hungry, so wanted some samples. Isn't that why you get a membership?

vurt, sharpski and distantmantra like this.
  8. beertunes

Society Trader

There had been more than a couple beers involved before that post. I'm even moar confuse now. BTW, one of those beers was a pint of MoaS. No wonder I was a bit foggy when I got to work this morning. Oof!

y2kawakami and vurt like this.
  9. JasonJYoung

JasonJYoung Initiate (106) Jan 7, 2015 Washington
    Trader

So, to get this back on topic, does anyone know if the Costco's in Washington State will have BCBS?

I visited three different Total Wines today (Thanksgiving) and was informed that starting at 8 a.m. on Black Friday, customers will be limited to one bottle of regular BCBS and one bottle of a variant. Total Wine is limiting everyone at 2 bottles total.

More I think about it, Redditt's Costco Sub will likely have info on availability.

Deciding weather to drive to Tillamook (de Garde) of fight the sh!t show in Seattle for a few bottles of BCBS. Strongly leaning towards the drive to de Garde . Anyone else making the trip out to de Gardes new taproom and a couple of their new releases tomorrow?

I opened a bottle of 2016 BCBS today and it was quite good.

BTW: Last year, a certain place in Lake City Washington was allowing customers an entire case of BCBS along with the BCBS rep on site giving away cool merchandise. There was approximately 10 people in line total! Then you could drive a couple miles down the road to Total Wine in Northgate and pick up more bottles if you wanted to. Basically, BCBS shouldn't be that difficult to find this year if last years release was any indication.

ballardbeer likes this.
  10. beertunes

Society Trader

Costco sells a lot of Inbev product, hard to see where they wouldn't be rewarded with a healthy allocation. shrug.

vurt and JasonJYoung like this.
  11. distantmantra

Trader

Wonder who gets Chucks’ allocation since they kicked ABInbev to the curb a while back?

beertunes and vurt like this.
  12. stillill

stillill Initiate (48) Mar 6, 2016 Washington

Dang, I am definitely gonna check out Costco tomorrow for that delicious nectar! Thanks for the tip!

13. JasonJYoung

Trader

Welp, it looks like Goose Island; or the distributor; or maybe the retailer have decided to raise prices on this years various BCBS bottles.

-Regular has been running $10.99+

-Knob Creek Varietal $39.99

-Northwoods Varietal $24.99

-Coffee Varietal $18.99+

-Barleywine $19.99+

Total Wine changed the limits. You can get one of each. Lynwood already sold out of Knob Creek BCBS.

Whole Foods (Redmond & Bellevue) only selling regular at $10.99

Maybe I'm wrong, but those prices on varietals seem higher this year. Am I wrong?

Anyhow, I'm bowing out this time on stocking up. Only grabbed two each of Regular and Northwoods. Would rather spend on the pleothera of local PNW goods. BUT, looking forward to a bottle of Founders Canadian Breakfest Stout next week. At $24.99+ a bomber, I'd still rather grab CBS and even Fremont at that price.

Curious if other's are finding BCBS nd thoughts.

14. distantmantra

Trader

I’m sitting at home drinking coffee. No interest in BCBS.

15. crusian

Trader

Seems higher. That's why I was shocked at the $8.89 at costco.
    No luck on varietals in pdx. Hollywood only had regular, along with whole foods

JasonJYoung likes this.
  16. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,220) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

That accurately describes the Black Friday situation here at stately Vurt Manor.

In the ongoing spirit of Black Friday, I think I shall go out and support some local small businesses later. Some local brewery small businesses.

beertunes and NWer like this.
  17. distantmantra

Trader

Small Business Saturday is tomorrow. Go then.

beertunes, JasonJYoung and NWer like this.
  18. NWer

NWer Champion (809) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

I used to stock up on BCBS before they sold out. Haven't had one since and don't intend to. No reason not to buy local when we live here. But not today. I'm totally with @vurt on this.

19. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,220) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

Excellent. I shall support my local brewery small businesses tomorrow as well.

20. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,687) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

As always, I have no beef with those who want to pay those kind of prices for bcbs and it's variants (though the $40 price tag for the knob creek version is a bit hard to fathom), nor with those who find entertainment value driving around town to various Black Friday release events, stocking up on whatever is available. It's not for me, and the entertainment value escapes me, but each to their own.

Frankly however, this seems like the perfect day to hang out at a local watering hole, drinking excellent local and regional APA's, pils, IPA and DIPA, while getting my fill of college football. If nothing else, it sure should be a lot cheaper.

#20 John_M, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  21. Raj

Raj Disciple (317) Jun 25, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Safeway has regular $10.99 with a club card. I didn’t see any variants (nor do I plan to expend any extra energy getting them). I picked up two to keep my vertical going...

JasonJYoung likes this.
  22. crusian

Trader

Home, drinking a 3f oude geuze I picked up today. Was out and about trying to find variants. Tried a couple stores then said screw it.

JasonJYoung and beertunes like this.
  23. G_Z_a

G_Z_a Initiate (132) Feb 2, 2015 Oregon

Grabbed 2 bottles of regular and one barley wine variant this morning at John's Market then grabbed 2 more regular at costco. At 8.99 it's a great deal and didn't really have to go out of my way for either. Won the raffle at JM last year and got a bottle of Rare. No luck this year. Really only care for the regular and coffee. It's once a year and JM runs a smooth operation so it's worth it for me. Still a good beer and at the very least, trade bait for some east coast goodies. If I could find anything in PDX right now though, I'd love to get my hands on some Ft George Field of Greens.

FYI, I talked to customer service and they said some other PDX area Costcos will be getting some BCBS in stock in the next week. 1bottle per person limit, but can go through the line again if you want.

#23 G_Z_a, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  24. Rip_City

Rip_City Initiate (34) Jul 16, 2016 Oregon
    Trader

Goat blocks MofC had regular for 10.99. I took their last spice wars instead. Also had dogfish 120min if that's your thing. #supportlocal

JasonJYoung and sharpski like this.
  25. ChugChugPass

ChugChugPass Initiate (67) Jun 16, 2017 Washington
    Trader

Grabbed a couple of each variety; there was maybe 8 of us waiting outside a shop for a while when this couple came up maybe 3 minutes before they opened and stood near the front, then jumped in front of everyone to grab bottles first.

LOL, man.. people.. I mean there wasn't enough people there for it to matter but just toally ignoring that there was a line formed is some shenanegins.

Glad I'm done for the day, now off to Fremont for their infusionsin a bit.

JasonJYoung likes this.
  26. BeerandLoathing

BeerandLoathing Initiate (185) Jan 28, 2011 Oregon

Zupans Market in SW off Macadam had a few bottles of Bourbon County left. But with all three Fremont BA Dark Stars, Deschutes Abyss, Firestone Parabola, 21st Anniversary Ale, Oakshire Hellshire, and this year's Figgy Pudding with a few bottles of vintage Figgy Pudding in the back you can ask for... who really needs BCBS?

One stop shop if you ask me.

JasonJYoung, vurt and NWer like this.
  27. crusian

Trader

You missed the cantillon and 3f. :slight_smile:

vurt likes this.
  28. JasonJYoung

Trader

Just arrived home and saw plenty of BCBS out in the Seattle area.

Here are the three Costco's that had over 200 bottles each of Regular BCBS:

1) Everett Wa. Costco
    2) Lynnwood Wa. Costco
    3) Redmond Wa. Costco

These particular locations had plenty left as of 3pm today (Black Friday). Not sure if other locations sold out or didn't get an allotment. The Everett Costco was applying a 1-bottle limit at around noon. The cashiers and front-end supervisor were surprised because the only items normally limited at Costco are from the Pharmacy. Thus, they were allowing people to ring up more than one bottle separately during the transaction.

The Costco up north in Burlington, Wa is receiving 240 bottles of regular BCBS next week, according to their inventory management system (extremely accurate/reliable system).

The various Haggens stretching from Mt. Vernon, WA up to the Bellinghma line are receiving allotments soon. Not sure about the current or possible inventory in Bellingham city limits. I didn't notice any at a few places in Bellingham today.

To be honest, I only grabbed two more bottles after my earlier post. At $8.99, it was tempting at first. The visit to Skookum and a couple places in Bellingham ended up being a better experience on many levels.

As expected, there was plenty of Mule Hoarding out in full effect today. One of the crazier scenes was watching an elderly couple struggle to carry around their full allotment of BCBS (Regular, Coffee, Barleywine, Northwoods, & Knob Creek) while their younger male & female relative (I assume) led them through Total Wine. I need to add up an approximately dollar total for their 20 bottles...........possibly $400+ with tax.

Overall, it shouldn't be that difficult to find regular bottles for a week or so.

ballardbeer and sharpski like this.
  29. beertunes

Society Trader

Dude, that's on you for not speaking up. Don't accept bad behavior.

30. EdwardAbbey

EdwardAbbey Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2015 Washington
    Deactivated

I don't wish to sound smug (because that can be off-putting), but today I bought my customary two bottles of B-Bomb straight from the source, and then made my way back up the hill on my bike to Bottleworks where I unexpectedly stumbled upon the Ft. George 1000 Years of Silence release in medias res and some of Alesong's Vanilla Rhino Suit just hanging out in the stout fridge. Bought two of the former and one of the latter, and felt awfully good about the whole experience. Great beers (admittedly an assumption on those I haven't tried, but probably a safe one), no waiting in lines or chasing, and only upstanding local and independent small breweries and businesses got my support. We vote, in the end, with our wallets, so we might as well vote in the places we believe in and which truly deserve our support. #NotJudgingJustSaying

By way of a coda, I went to one of my regular grocery stores afterwards to get some milk and bread, and saw, for the first time all day, BCBS just sitting there. Kept on walking. My backpack was more than full by that point.

31. ChugChugPass

ChugChugPass Initiate (67) Jun 16, 2017 Washington
    Trader

Oh I was prepared to; asked all the people behind us if they got the allotment they wanted and they said yes so just moved on.

Their complete asshole behavior is not "on me" though; that is complete crap.

beertunes likes this.
  32. beertunes

Society Trader

Correct. I overstepped.

Let me know next time you're in the Ham. Beers on me. Cheers!

33. Rip_City

Rip_City Initiate (34) Jul 16, 2016 Oregon
    Trader

Yeah, about 1pm. Didn't see those ones. They just had a display front and center that caught my eye.

34. crusian

Trader

At 10ish it had 750 cantillon gueuze, 750 3f gueuze, spice, regular barrel dark star, bcbs regular... um... firestone anniversary...
    The 375 3f oude gueuze was on the shelf though, plenty.

35. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,153) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Wow, "in medias res". I haven't seen that used since Mr. Delahanty taught us about it in 10th grade English, many decades ago. Very cool. This must be a first usage for the NW Forum, and probably for all of BA!

(and hey, I'm praising, not being ironically critical)

By the way, if anyone has had 1000 Years of Silence yet, and could compare it to Xocoveza, I'd appreciate your opinion. Xocoveza is pretty easily available right now, and it's real good. Should I chase out to Bottleworks for the Ft George?

vurt likes this.
  36. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (250) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

What's the price on that FG 1000 years of silence bottle? Sounds very intriguing.

37. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,687) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Jeeze loueeze. Nothing like the all too typical polite, considerate and thoughtful exchange of opinions in the NW forum to remind me I'm not living on the Least coast anymore.

NWer, sharpski, 66jzmstr and 3 others like this.
  38. JasonJYoung

Trader

Holdup, WHAT! The New Market of Choice at The Goat Blocks Development in Portland had bottles of Cantillon & 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze?!?!?Unreal if this is what you're referring to.

BTW: Looked at a few places in that development. F me! Two bedrooms apartments were running over $3000 per month. I just don't get it.

ballardbeer likes this.
  39. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,153) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Well, @ChugChugPass did say, and I quote
    So let's not call him out for being all too typically polite.

@beertunes , on the other hand, is losing any cred he had as a curmudgeon.

66jzmstr, beertunes and vurt like this.
  40. davey

davey Aspirant (212) Aug 18, 2006 Oregon
    Trader

Both were 750’s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.