BCBS Glass

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by bhudlow23, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhudlow23

bhudlow23 Initiate (172) Feb 9, 2012 Georgia

Anyone have any word on when the glass will be available today (friday) - right at midnight or some random time later on??

2. oldschool9

oldschool9 Initiate (133) Dec 20, 2010 Ohio
    Trader

They are online now : )

3. BigRedDog

BigRedDog Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2014 Indiana

Still have some as of 8:40am. Got mine!

4. therackman

therackman Initiate (129) Jan 3, 2009 Oregon
    Trader

got two. still live! only $6 shipping to west coast

5. gkoz

gkoz Aspirant (293) Apr 22, 2013 Arizona

Got one for free today at an event. They are really nice this year

6. cwehr13

cwehr13 Aspirant (256) Aug 4, 2011 Illinois

anyone else got an extra poster, they sold out on line.

7. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused Aspirant (274) Dec 11, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

I don't think this years poster or mug went on sale. I kept checking but saw neither.

8. bhudlow23

Damn they are still available online. I got one at 1030 this mornign and thought I was super lucky to catch it...looks like its not as limited this year.

9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Poo-Bah (3,422) Dec 13, 2009 New York

It'll be limited to the number of orders they get

Abbbp likes this.
  10. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,166) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

I think at $18 each they'll be happy to produce as many as they can sell. I don't think InBev wants to fiddle with GI's recipes, but I bet they get really good at extracting as much profit as the market will bear for the premium brands like Bourbon County.

11. cosmicevan

The good news is it isn't for sale online anymore

12. polisanl

polisanl Initiate (176) Aug 6, 2010 Florida
    Trader

13. Jazzwalker

Jazzwalker Initiate (86) Apr 2, 2012 New Jersey

Version 1 for sure.

14. cosmicevan

Hard to tell on my phone, but I say v2. The truck is which line is parallel to the table. V1 it is the top line, v2 it is the bittom line. Your pic has a curved top line and a horizontal.bottom line

15. Jazzwalker

[​IMG]

Okay now. Version 1 is on the left, version 2 the right....any questions? :slight_smile:

16. cosmicevan

...and another shot

[​IMG]

17. bmony26

bmony26 Initiate (121) May 2, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

I am more interested in when it will ship. I've never had any other brewery take this long to ship an online order. Then again, it's Goose Island, it seems they make everything difficult.

18. bhudlow23

Yea I've been wondering the same. They did mention they had to order more while they were on sale so Im just expecting a month or so and maybe it will come a little earlier than that.

19. cosmicevan

spoken like someone who never ordered something from midnight sun :slight_smile:

i was sure i ordered some glassware in a drunken state, but never saw it hit my credit card or got any confirmation or anything like that...then one day the glasses i thought i ordered showed up and when i checked there was a charge on my card. might have been on back order or something, but it was weird since i didn't get any confirmations or anything.

there was also a thing with lost abbey on the tekus once where everyone was waiting forever. sometimes i think stores sell glass that they don't have that they are expecting or that they are able to order.

20. bmony26

Trader

When I ordered the glass I believe there was a not that if you ordered more than one glass it would delay your order. I assumed that since I just ordered a single glass they would simply have somebody place the glass into a shipping box and then have their shipper pick it up and it would be on it's merry way.

I never did order from Midnight sun before but I've never had any issues from the online stores from other breweries that I have ordered from.

21. BrianNY

BrianNY Initiate (44) May 25, 2013 New York

v1 left and v2 right?

22. cosmicevan

:confused:

so i guess it isn't clear :astonished:

v2 left, v1 right. you don't see the difference?

BrianNY likes this.
  23. polisanl

Trader

@Jazzwalker and I figured out the easiest way to determine the versions.

Using a ruler, V1 is almost 1.5 inches (1 and 6/16th inches to be exact) from the top line to the rim, centered.

Same process as above, V2 is 1 inch.

Due to angles, pic size, etc, it can be confusing to differentiate between the two.

Jazzwalker and BrianNY like this.
  24. seeknup

seeknup Initiate (112) Jan 26, 2012 Illinois

I have emailed gi twice now about my glass being shipped. The first email was about 5 business days after order and I was told the delay was because of black Friday and Cyber Monday being super busy. The second time I emailed, 8 business days after order I got the excuse of the logo didn't look good enough so they had to get new ones. Both emails from the same person. Also my card was charged within minutes of ordering.

25. bhudlow23

I understand you want your glass, we all do, but bugging them every couple of days isn't going to help you or anyone else. You've got to understand though that their site was completely flooded with these orders in a couple of days and they did say in clear writing on the glass page that they were in the process of getting more and they would probably take a while to be shipped. This is why right after I bought them I threw the memory of it way deep in the back of my brain so hopefully it will just make for a nice surprise in a couple of weeks. It is annoying of course but only if you think about it. Just trust them that they are doing what they have to do to get the glasses out properly and as quickly as possible, and shit if the glasses didn't look good when they got them, more power to them for sending them back, I'll wait! Cheers

26. seeknup

Now I'm not trying to be a jerk with my reply, not sure how to right it without looking that way. When I ordered the glass my page made no mention of getting more, as the matter of fact they were still in stock after I ordered. The page when I ordered said 1-2 business days. That's why I asked in the first email. The only reason I sent the second email is because I was told in the first email they were busy and it would go out in a couple days, which it did not. The second email then said the logo being bad was the reason for the delay. I'm not complaining about the delay as its just a glass, I have other glasses that work just fine. I was just chiming in to shed light as to why the delay as some people above were wondering.

Cheers

27. Jazzwalker

@seeknup and @bhudlow23 You both have very good points, good points indeed. I too placed the order and find it surprising that the glasses at this point have not been shipped. My biggest point and problem with their method is this. We are talking about their most famous beer hands down. They know that every Black Friday, people come from all over the country and the world, just to sample and buy this product. Goose Island is not some mickey mouse little company, run by mom and pop, they are huge. Someone, anyone for that matter should have known that whatever amount of glasses they ordered would be sold. There are people on the eBay dumping their glasses for serious coin, while we sit and wait for our paid orders to be filled. Makes no sense to me. I also don't buy this excuse that the logo didn't look good crap. They have people in quality control for that. Fact is, they once again (and on purpose I believe to generate hype or save a buck) failed to order enough glasses. Sloppy ass business practice if you ask me. Funny this is, the glass is the same model glass sold by Founders for their KBS for $10.00 So, I ask you, who's jerking who?

dazedandconfused likes this.
  28. therackman

Trader

My email confirmation says Items usually ship in 1-2 business days.

29. bmony26

Trader

I did get an email today that it's shipping.

30. seeknup

I got an email today saying mine will not ship until at least the beginning of January.

31. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused Aspirant (274) Dec 11, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

Just received mine today along with my poster.

32. JMN44

JMN44 Initiate (170) Sep 19, 2013 Minnesota

I got the same email yesterday. I'm fine waiting and am glad GI isn't just selling glasses that are not top quality.

33. iTunesUpdates

iTunesUpdates Disciple (359) May 7, 2014 Florida

These are going for crazy money on ebay...Anyone got an extra? lol

34. duceswild

duceswild Meyvn (1,409) Feb 8, 2010 England
    Society Trader

35. Unbreakabolt

Unbreakabolt Initiate (158) Nov 6, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Want that mug bad but at $25 for one I'll pass and hope they show up in the pub or at intelli

36. atone315

atone315 Champion (899) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

37. therackman

Trader

got mine in mail today

38. dkw0063

dkw0063 Disciple (366) Dec 1, 2012 Texas

Looks like I missed out on the mugs, says "not currently available" If anyone has an extra and want's limited JK glassware BM me.

39. polisanl

Trader

Are you serious?? Everyone knows BCBS mugs batch 1 are superior... :rolling_eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.