BCBS in CA?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by skawars1, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavidpark

Mavidpark Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2014 California

Lol. Sad

2. Ilpalazzo

Ilpalazzo Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2014 California

Are you being serious? Also, who in the hell needs 600+ bottles of BCBS?

heatwaves likes this.
  3. kmatlack

kmatlack Aspirant (258) Mar 29, 2010 California

At $7.99 a bottle, it is most definitely someone reselling them for a profit.

4. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (457) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

Haha that's some funny shit.

5. drew42e

drew42e Initiate (150) Mar 31, 2015 California

ISO: Prop, VR, Rare FT: 599 BCBS 2015

6. Redgoatman

Redgoatman Aspirant (295) May 21, 2015 California
    Trader

Holy mother of god, 600 bottles of BCBS, that man needs to be put down.

No1Smitty likes this.
  7. Laurie0

Laurie0 Initiate (73) Aug 28, 2015 California

Uptown Market and Liquor on Telegraph in Oakland had Coffee and Rye on Wednesday. 1 bottle limit. Regular BCBS no limit. I got my one bottle of coffee (rye=yuck for me) and called back Friday to see if there was any left and he told me the rest of the coffee went within the hour I was there on Wednesday.

8. Beerthrash

Beerthrash Initiate (111) Dec 13, 2009 California
    Trader

I bet who ever that was has a liquor store of his own and will be selling them for 15 bucks a bottle throught out the year.

Brewzer1010, Ilpalazzo and johnInLA like this.
  9. Laurie0

Laurie0 Initiate (73) Aug 28, 2015 California

Which east bay grocery store? Thanks!

10. kmatlack

kmatlack Aspirant (258) Mar 29, 2010 California

My thoughts exactly.

Ilpalazzo likes this.
  11. Redgoatman

Redgoatman Aspirant (295) May 21, 2015 California
    Trader

Lets find out that guys Liquor store and boycott it

Ilpalazzo likes this.
  12. soco89ziegler

soco89ziegler Initiate (137) Nov 28, 2015 California
    Trader

Not sure on quantity received but had my girl swing by Bevmo in Murrieta a few minutes after they opened. Was in and out in a few minutes. All they had was the regular, $11.99 a bottle, limit of 2. No other purchasing catches.

Went by liquor depot in Temecula later on around 3 pm.
    Owner said they got 1 case of coffee and 1 case of regular. Coffee was gone shortly after opening. Picked up a bottle of regular for 14.99. 3 bottles was good enough for me, I wasn't going to hunt down anywhere else. I know an employee at the Barons in Wildomar who claimed they didn't get any.

After liquor depot I met some friends at Killarney's in Temecula for a Black Friday tap release they were doing. Wasn't crowded at all. 4 oz flights for $13 and 10 oz pours not sure the price on those.
    - BCBS 2013
    - Firestone Parabola 2012
    - Deschutes Abyss 2014
    - Hangar 24 Pugachev's Cobra 2012

I'm sure they still have some left I'd hit it up if you guys are in the area. Rare opportunity to catch those 4 on tap at the same place.

#372 soco89ziegler, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    sunnrider and Brolo75 like this.
  13. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Devotee (458) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

Hey McDuck, isn't it hard to roll around in 600 bottles of beer?

BartS and Keyser like this.
  14. badb_rad

badb_rad Initiate (149) Dec 23, 2012 California

My local Safeway here in the sticks got reg, and I'm guessing sold out yesterday.. Hit my local go to spot and all they got was reg, still had 4 bottles & I got 2. 9.99$ea

15. sportstsar

sportstsar Initiate (171) Jan 23, 2012 California
    Trader

WF Marina Del Rey still had regular and barleywine as of 12PM today. Not out on the shelves. Ask for it and they will grab it for you from behind the cheese counter

PG2G likes this.
  16. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (457) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

Why? Costco is a wholesaler and businesses buy pallets of stuff to re sale all the time and this isn't any different. He wasn't a beer advocate just a business owner doing business.

Kramerwtmf likes this.
  17. drew42e

drew42e Initiate (150) Mar 31, 2015 California

Safeway in east bay has regular out 9.99 each or if you get 6 $9 each. Plenty available (got my 6 pack in Alamo)

18. sportstsar

sportstsar Initiate (171) Jan 23, 2012 California
    Trader

This is the most likely scenario. No beer nerd would spend that much money on any one beer. Think of how many different beers you could tick for $4,800 :astonished:

19. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Zealot (570) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

I know this won't dissuade folks from chilling on paying outrageous prices for this beer, but hopefully this pic, which is of Goose Island's Barrel Warehouse, puts things in perspective. I know demand is outrageously high, but it's not a limited product by any means.

[​IMG]

20. 64vdub

64vdub Aspirant (283) Feb 20, 2014 California
    Trader

As long as demand outweighs supply, it is exactly a limited product.

21. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Zealot (570) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Yes, I understand that's how economics works. Just pointing out that there's a lot of it made (more so than any other barrel-aged stout).

22. AndresR

AndresR Aspirant (224) Jul 19, 2009 California
    Trader

From what I understand there are the Costco business centers for folks reselling, unlike the regular Costco which generally is not carrying goods for resell.

At the end of the day, it's a total Dick move to clear out all the bcbs from a store at opening. No way around that.

23. CraftE

CraftE Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2015 California

Most business owners/workers do buy and resell items. They do have to sign a slip to do so though, and it doesn't include the resell of alcohol.

Ex Costco employee checking in.

24. CraftE

CraftE Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2015 California

Also I talked to a lot of the total wines, most are getting in another shipment in a week! Cheers

Beerthrash likes this.
  25. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

Saw BCBS at a store in Fontana, $15.99 a bottle. Is this high from what others are paying?

26. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

Fully agree, if I see it buy it, besides that I don't drive around looking for beer. I work as a delivery driver for AB and last year I went out with about 20+ cases of BCBS, two guys found out I had some on my truck and they followed me around, taking pictures, and they said Black Friday would be spent following my route.

27. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (256) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

i went to pasadena whole foods at 2:30 AM and was 9th in line. They let us in around 7:15 and then started selling at 8. Looked like they had at LEAST two cases of rare. only 1 case of coffee and 1 case of regal though.

limits were (while supplies lasted) 3 BCBS, 2 Barleywine, 1 Regal, 1 Coffee, 1 Rare. Being 9th in line i was able to get all.

dddddddd and Modernrickk like this.
  28. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (920) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

While I get where you are coming from, Costco doesn't get off free here IMO. A bottle limit could have prevented this and allowed more Costco members to have a chance at purchasing some.

29. DNA_craft

DNA_craft Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 California

Check your local Ralph's guys. Happened to be there buying milk this afternoon and saw 2 and a half cases of regular BCBS on display at 9.99 each with no limits. Was planning on skipping it all this year but felt like I had to buy at least one bottle. This Ralph's is not particularly known for its craft beer selection.

30. AndresR

AndresR Aspirant (224) Jul 19, 2009 California
    Trader

Agree 100%.

31. whiskey

whiskey Disciple (320) Feb 25, 2012 California
    Trader

So, anyone try this year's regular?

This is the first year it's been noticeably different. The bourbon is way more pronounced, thinner(not thin, just not as viscous) mouthfeel and a little fizzier. Interesting.

32. dcbullet

dcbullet Initiate (136) Dec 18, 2013 California

I had 2014 vs 2015 on tap and they were very similar to me.

whiskey likes this.
  33. Tgilly

Tgilly Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 California

2015 bcbs regular at Sunset Beer Company in Echo Park, CA
    Went there tonight and they still had about half a case

34. Akahoshi

Akahoshi Initiate (112) Sep 28, 2010 California

Anyone know where I can still get my hands on one or two coffee BCBSes around OC? I got some regular BCBS but none of the places I went to had the coffee variant.

35. HeavySpeedway

HeavySpeedway Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2013 California

Why should they care? As long as all the beer is paid for, it makes no difference to Ralph's or Costco if a lot of people get pissed off. Most people won't hold grudges, and still shop at those places.

I think these things will settle out in the long run, and the amount of effort to procure all that BCBS will result in little payouts for people that got it.

Modernrickk and CraftE like this.
  36. Chcshammonde

Chcshammonde Devotee (499) Sep 20, 2014 California

Did anybody buy the Rare?

I'm probably going to get shit flinged at me for this, but I was able to literally get my hands on it, and then I left it at the counter. It was $79.99 - I had thought it was going to be closer to $60. I just couldn't. Walked away with one of each of the other variants including reg. instead.

How much did any CA peeps pay for your Rare? This was at a small organic market chain.

37. PeprSprYoFace

PeprSprYoFace Savant (938) Feb 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Anyone know of anything left in the OC area? On tap anywhere too?

38. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,061) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

Any one go to the city beer event? First year I miss it

Edit: I miss those 4 packs :slight_frown:

#398 KevSal, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    m34josh, AndresR and smithj2154 like this.
  39. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

Enforcing a bottle limit at a place like Costco would be next to impossible OR would take Costco dedicating personnel resources in a way they usually don't and probably wouldn't even want to deal with, especially on a day like Black Friday.

heatwaves likes this.
  40. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (129) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

After a conversation I had with a liquor store, it's gotta be one of them. They are trying to accumulate and resell. The local stores in OC who still have it want $20 for regular. That crap pisses me off. They're basically trying to shut out the locals and control the prices.

#400 thetastywort, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.