BCBS in KC

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by coquet, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coquet

coquet Initiate (106) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

I'm heading home to Kansas City for Thanksgiving and am hoping to land some BCBS there on Black Friday. I'm wondering if any fellow BA members can share info on what the release is typically like. For instance:
    • Do bottle shops follow the GI plan and wait until Black Friday to release?
    • Do any shops get variants? If so, which shops are most likely to have them?
    • What are lines like, and how early do people line up?
    • Do shops actually sell to the general public, or do they just sell to a select number of their best customers?
    It sounds like this year's release could be a bit funky due to last year's issues and several batches of '16 being dumped, but any info would be helpful. Thanks!

2. COBeerBuff

COBeerBuff Disciple (324) Jan 4, 2009 Kansas

I've combined your questions and I'll try to answer your posts as much as possible:
    1. Do bottle shops wait until Black Friday? For the most part, yes. I think some distributors and/or shops have gotten blackballed in the past for releasing earlier than Friday.
    2. Do any shops get variants? It depends on which side of the state line you're on. Last year, KS only got BCBS, while MO got Coffee, BW, and Rare.
    3. What are lines like? Minimal. Most shops that have gotten an allotment have bottles for sale into the early afternoon. Obviously, variants sell quicker than the regular, but if you're out and about on Friday morning, you should have no issues finding some bottles.
    4. Are there lists and can you get on them? Some shops do lists, some do first come, first served. Your best bet would be to call the shops and find out how they're handling the release.
    Hopefully this helps!

coquet likes this.
  3. coquet

coquet Initiate (106) Aug 31, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.