BCBS in New York City (2020)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by underoath437, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. underoath437

underoath437 Initiate (65) Jan 12, 2017 New York

COVID-19 has completely changed how the Black Friday release of BCBS is across the country, so I was curious what was happening around the city.

Carmine Street Beers is currently on sale, online of course, for Pick-up a week from now.

Anyone else see anything?

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  2. jpsuazo

jpsuazo Initiate (13) Oct 21, 2013 New Jersey

3. rozzom

rozzom Meyvn (1,010) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Trader

someone tell me this year’s TH prices so we can have a laugh

NewmansOwn and Takeanotherswing like this.
  4. jpsuazo

5. Takeanotherswing

Takeanotherswing Initiate (122) Jan 14, 2011 New York
    Trader

jpsuazo and rozzom like this.
  6. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (505) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Society Trader

Fuck em. Talk to your local bottle shops and supermarkets about bringing them in. I'm expecting to buy some up at the keyfood in Williamsburg this tuesday

PlayitAgain and ColdOne like this.
  7. Takeanotherswing

Trader

I never been to Top Hops actually just admired their gouging. I have a beverage store and CTown that get plenty and sell lower than most places in NYC. Hell I just picked up a 2018 BCBS for $11.99 today.

8. Justonemore91

Society Trader

Thats a good price. The regular bourbon county was the first stout I ever enjoyed. It blew my mind as I tasted chocolate, caramel and bourbon all in one beer.

Takeanotherswing likes this.
  9. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (360) Jun 25, 2016 New York

I picked up my first bourbon county at that keyfood in 2014. I remember the cashier thinking I was crazy for spending $25 on a 4 pack of the coffee variant. How times have changed.

mltobin, Xerlic and SeanEDPBK like this.
  10. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,267) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Top Hops doesn't even have Birthday listed....did they not get any?

11. rolltide8425

Trader

I remember 2013....I had moved out of the city the year before and came back with my wife because she needed to do something at Pratt, where she went to school. I was just tooling around Brooklyn while I waited for her and popped into a random beer store, can't even remember the name. They had bombers of 2012 coffee just sitting on the shelf; could not believe my luck.

12. NewmansOwn

They did, I assume it's not there because it sold out. Their limit was 5 bottles per person I think. Even at their insane prices, I'm sure people scooped them up to resell. Bottles are going for ~ $150 in the Facebook groups.

Takeanotherswing likes this.
  13. Takeanotherswing

Trader

I remember years back a bodega in W-Burg had bombers of Coffee variant for $9.99. My buddy bought lots of it. They never had anything like that before or after.

14. patmcd

patmcd Aspirant (250) Jul 5, 2008 New York

They had it listed a couple days ago for sure. Maybe it is "sold out" now. I think it was like $45 for the 12oz lol.

15. rozzom

Trader

I remember getting the first ever BCBS for two and sixpence

16. rolltide8425

Trader

There’s very few beers I would even consider paying $150 for, just ridiculous.

17. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,109) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

Jesus! Their prices are double the prices at Bottle King.

rozzom likes this.
  18. rozzom

Trader

Crazy how people used to fawn over the place. I’m not just saying this but I never loved it. But these prices are just fucking bonkers.

DrStiffington likes this.
  19. Seb_aschn

Seb_aschn Initiate (47) Nov 28, 2018 New Jersey

Oh man, is this a new hype brewery?

20. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (1,793) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

I’m definitely aging myself but the first Bourbon County I remember having was a 2008. 4-packs just sitting around. We went to Chicago in October of ‘08 and went to the Goose Island brew pub by Wrigley and then a few months later BC is sitting by the register of one of my locals. Definitely pretty harsh the first time. For you Jets fans out there, I remember i got it the day of the game when they had Farve and lost in the snow in Seattle. I remember stupid shit like that.

Rocktire likes this.
  21. Xerlic

Xerlic Initiate (183) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

22. jpsuazo

23. Takeanotherswing

Trader

Went to a local place that had everything for sale except Birthday Stout, which apparently they sold out of LAST WEEK :grin: They also had Armand & Gaston 750ml for $18!

#23 Takeanotherswing, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  24. AccipiterofBeer

AccipiterofBeer Disciple (311) Nov 28, 2016 New York

You have to be a direhard enthusiast to consider buying BCBS in NYC...

25. Xerlic

Trader

Not exactly NYC, but I won TapRm's lotto for Anniversary and Birthday. They had them for $35.50 a bottle which isn't the worst compared to some of the other prices I've seen in this thread. I still feel like I need to take a cold shower after hitting the pay button.

rozzom likes this.
  26. rozzom

Trader

It's crazy! Wasn't that long ago where if you were paying $35 for a 4 x 12oz pack of BCBCS you were getting the shaft

Not sure if intentional or not, but well played

algebeeric_topology and Xerlic like this.
  27. ScottKramer

ScottKramer Initiate (50) May 27, 2016 New York

So apparently on Regular BCBS some bottles have codes (HH= heaven hill, WT is Wild Turkey and BT is buffalo trace) and many have no code (blend) There is much more info on the Goose Island Great Lakes thread.
    The few places I visited on the Upper West side had no codes (therefore Blend). Anyone in the NY area seen or have ones with the codes? May be fun to try different ones!

28. Xerlic

Trader

First off, wow the BCBS Great Lakes thread is close to 60 pages long. I guess the closer you are to the source, the more serious it gets.

I checked my few bottles of regular that came from a Wegman's in NJ and they are all lacking codes. I'll check the bottles at my local shop next time I'm passing by. It would be on the label next to the date, right?

ScottKramer and SeanEDPBK like this.
  29. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Initiate (98) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

Anything in south nj is code-less as far as I can tell from a few shops in Camden and Burlington county anyway.

Xerlic and ScottKramer like this.
  30. Justonemore91

Society Trader

So I was just by east side grocery on 74th and 2nd Avenue and apparently you have to buy a $20 regular bourbon county to be able to buy a $45 weller anniversary SMH fuck em

SeanEDPBK likes this.
  31. rozzom

Trader

You checked out Food Emporium? That’s usually my go to for good prices

NewmansOwn, libeerguy23 and frozyn like this.
  32. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (575) Aug 18, 2012 New York

I only grabbed a few bottles of the original this year. It’s tasting awesome out of the gate.

None of the variants really piqued my interest - especially at the insane prices. I just wish they went back to the basics - coffee and bw. I’m so tired of all these absurd adjunct/flavor combinations that really don’t do much to enhance the original beer (and sometimes make the beer worse).

EJLinneman, OGShotzy and SeanEDPBK like this.
  33. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Aspirant (233) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

Agreed, the regular always seems to be my favorite and I can find it near me for less than $9. I've been buying these and just adding a half shot of cold brew coffee to recreate the older simple coffee variant. Really wish they would ditch the wheat wine and bring back barley wine already. Those 2013 and 2014 bottles are tasting incredible right now.

34. NewmansOwn

The codes are only for Illinois bottles I believe.

ScottKramer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.