Beachwood Brewing & Blendery (2020)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by dcgunman, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (930) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

When the Gov said that some places could re-open. :grimacing:

2. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (567) Jul 9, 2010 California

BWLB Reopening Update:

It has been a wild ride to say the least. The past week has been filled with testing, community support, re-cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing. After all our efforts to go above and beyond the CDC recommendations to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we are happy to say that our Long Beach location will be reopening tomorrow, Wednesday 7/8.

We’ll be open for:�-Dine-in service out on our patio�-Call in for Takeout BBQ: 562-436-4020�-Order online beer To Go + Local Delivery

We are especially proud of our team’s response to this crisis. Thankfully the extensive precautions and safety measures we’ve implemented as a team have proven to be working. All of our employees have now tested negative two consecutive times for COVID-19. We return to work with an even stronger belief that we are all in this together and that our extreme efforts to keep everyone safe are working.

Thank you agin for all the support, especially over these last few months. We hope to see you again soon - for BBQ and beers on the patio, takeout or delivery.

-The Beachwood Team

3. dcgunman

Trader

:open_mouth: Greenshift is back next week. In cans. :ok_hand:

4. UnknownKoger

Dined at BWLB yesterday. It felt nice to be back and get beer on tap and good food. Staff was super on top of cleaning everything and making sure everybody was spaced out.

dcgunman likes this.
  5. dcgunman

Trader

Good to hear. My other local RiiP just closed today because one of their employees tested positive for Covid. It’s like a domino effect. I hope he/she is doing fine. Just the stress of knowing is bad enough.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  6. D09daryl

D09daryl Initiate (114) Mar 11, 2017 California
    Trader

Anybody try greenshift yet? Wondering if I should grab a 4pk

ChicagoJ likes this.
  7. dcgunman

Trader

Yes. Yes.

8. UnknownKoger

Looks like Melrose is going to be canned

9. dcgunman

Trader

Plus fresh CitraHolic cans out today. Fresh Gator cans next week?

ChicagoJ likes this.
  10. StonedRaider

StonedRaider Initiate (146) Oct 25, 2007 California
    Trader

Canned Melrose! Looks like I’ll be loading up on some Beachwood next week. Melrose, Citraholic and Amalgamator would look nice in my fridge right about now.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  11. dcgunman

Trader

I got the Amalg, CH and Greenshift from last weeks drop. Melrose and fresh CH will be a nice addition.

12. StonedRaider

StonedRaider Initiate (146) Oct 25, 2007 California
    Trader

I forgot that they just released Greenshift. I’ll need to grab some of that too.

ChicagoJ and UnknownKoger like this.
  13. artstvn

artstvn Initiate (19) May 29, 2019 California

This last batch of Simcoast is awesome!

hbbeeremptor, ChicagoJ and 310gts like this.
  14. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (324) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Picked up 50 beers today for about $100 including $5 tip. 18 Foam Top, 12 Hayabusa, 12 LBC and 8 Amalgamator. All canned very recently.

Damn grateful for you Beachwood!

15. MonkeyBread

MonkeyBread Defender (608) Apr 26, 2014 Nevada
    Trader

Greenshift drinking nicely. Haven’t had it before.

16. hbbeeremptor

hbbeeremptor Aspirant (223) Aug 12, 2018 California
    Society

Ordered a sixer of Foam Top, a four of Mocha Machine and a bottle of the BA Malted Jacket from the HB taproom last week I think.

I was told when I got there, a minute after I placed my order, someone ordered the EXACT same items.

So I'm wondering, which one of you was it and when are we meeting up after COVID? :joy:

UnknownKoger and Frosty11161 like this.
  17. weaverr

weaverr Initiate (178) Jun 10, 2008 California

Change the location to Long Beach and add a Fizzical and it was me!

Their BBQ kits are really a pretty good deal, and their package beer prices are pretty good as well.

hbbeeremptor and ChicagoJ like this.
  18. dcgunman

Trader

Melrose cans coming next week.

19. dcgunman

Trader

New Beachwood beer Disciples of Dankness out today on draft at the Long Beach location. At the HB and GG location in a couple of 2 or so weeks. I’m seeing a lot of west coast greatness being released lately. Keep them coming. West is best.

ChazMania, ChicagoJ, 310gts and 3 others like this.
  20. ADfan

ADfan Initiate (20) Nov 28, 2010 California

I was in Vegas last week at the Tuscany and they had Greenshift cans in their pub. What a nice surprise.
    Also found a beer from Evil Twin called NY is a nice place to visit. NEIPA but drank like a triple with only 7.5% ABV. Real good beer.

UnknownKoger and ChicagoJ like this.
  21. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,262) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Thanks for the heads up, will hit Tuscany's during my Vegas trip next week. I'm stoked to see a dozen Beachwood offerings currently available at Khoury's in Henderson. Heading there first thing off the plane for provisions, mostly Beachwood IPAs.

22. 562Brew

562Brew Initiate (81) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

Pub 365. One of the best beer lists near the strip

23. weaverr

weaverr Initiate (178) Jun 10, 2008 California

I picked up a bottle of Draper's Dram and really enjoyed it. It's a manhattan-inspired old ale, bourbon-barrel aged with spices. Very well balanced and if you drink it in the evening you can imagine it's fall! $10.99 for a 12oz bottle.

UnknownKoger and ChicagoJ like this.
  24. hbbeeremptor

hbbeeremptor Aspirant (223) Aug 12, 2018 California
    Society

Crowning Star coming out 10/21.

This was a WCIPA they brewed for the Hopadelic Trip that got disrupted by COVID and never saw mass release. Fresh batch, available in four packs at all taprooms and available for CA shipping.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVsXg6Fkfb/

dcgunman likes this.
  25. UnknownKoger

lots of new beers on tap and some new Blendery bottles. Might have to swing in for a pint of the Speed Metal on cask

jamesar likes this.
  26. dcgunman

Trader

Let us know how that speed metal is? I’m sure it’s great. I’ll wait till it goes on tap at the HB location. :heavymetal: Long Live Rock. R.I.P. Eddie.

atomicpunk5151 likes this.
  27. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Aspirant (216) Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Sounds like a good beer!

dcgunman likes this.
  28. UnknownKoger

Missed out on the cask Speed Metal, but regular Speed Metal is fantastic. Grabbed a crowler of it and Denver Jackhammer (one of my favorites)

BWeezy and dcgunman like this.
  29. UnknownKoger

Beachwood has been alluding to something coming in 2021...shall we engage in wild speculation? My favorite theory is they're going to offer some sort of membership program

jamesar and gregoryG like this.
  30. D09daryl

Trader

Fingers crossed it's seal beach coming back!!!

31. da_beer_badboy

da_beer_badboy Initiate (49) Feb 9, 2017 California

I would love both of those things, but looks like it's an upcoming beer release...
    https://ttbonline.gov/colasonline/v...publicDisplaySearchBasic&ttbid=20286001000901

ChicagoJ likes this.
  32. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,262) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Really loved Melrose, glad I had an opportunity to pick up in Vegas. Khakis Or Car Keys was OK, as was the LBC, the only WCIPA from Beachwood I merely liked vs. loved. I didn't make it to Tuscany 365, most of the current list consisted of beers I could get at home, but had some good West Coast IPAs at several bars and breweries throughout the valley.

Glad Beachwood again had a Fall drop again in Chicago last week, including 1 week old Amalgamator cans. We did not receive the larger allotment received last year of Blendery bottles and seasonal kegs like Hops over Brixton, likely due to the fact brewery reps traveled here for FOBAB last year, cancelled except for remote judging / awards this year.

I didn't pick up Haze 28 in the current drop, bought more Amalgamator instead, though would consider picking it up if recommended in this thread as an excellent haze vs. a typical haze. Not really a big haze guy, though I do enjoy balanced well crafted haze like M-43.

pudgym29 and hbbeeremptor like this.
  33. D09daryl

Trader

34. UnknownKoger

same. Curious as to what it might be

35. UnknownKoger

It's an IPA. That's it. Brewed "with utter contempt for 2020." While I can get behind that and will of course be buying some...I was hoping it would be something bigger

dcgunman likes this.
  36. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (226) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Surprised its not being released on 11/3 but then again its prob a good idea to avoid that day regardless of outcome.

37. dcgunman

Trader

Anyone try 2021 yet? Going to make my Friday beer run soon. Should I pick up for this weekend?

ChicagoJ likes this.
  38. UnknownKoger

It just came out today. Will be grabbing some for sure

ChicagoJ likes this.
  39. dcgunman

Trader

Too late bro. Beat you to it. Also got a crowler of Speed Metal. Will seek and destroy this evening with my bro-in-law. Happy Helloween.

40. UnknownKoger

Initial thoughts: it's good, but nothing mindblowing. Nice hop flavor. Would like it to be more crisp. I would've preferred another canning run of Simcoast or Double Gator

ChicagoJ and dcgunman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.