Beer Bottle Service at Bars

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithmurray

keithmurray Pooh-Bah (2,943) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society

Wanted to pose a question to Beeradvocates that may frequent Vegas, Miami, NYC and other cities that may feature venues that offer bottle service. What do you feel like woulf be a good pricing structure for say a 750ML bottle of a beer like Duvel? Would it be $2/oz, for example? What type of bottle list would you like to see offered at said venues?

2. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I know I am old and crusty, but the concept of bottle service for alcohol seems absolutely absurd to me. Sounds like a penis measuring contest for people to show off the fact they are stupid enough to pay hundreds of dollars for something that should cost $20.

God help us if this happens with craft.

3. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,186) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hmmmm, interesting idea. I guess if I was sitting in a Vegas VIP room, I'd rather pay $50 for Dark Lord than $150 for Ciraq. I've seen bottle prices close to that at restaurants around DC. That might be cheap for NY or LV. For me, I'll be drinking for free at the poker tables.

BSW likes this.
  4. hopsputin

hopsputin Grand Pooh-Bah (4,017) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not really a fan of the night club culture. Will I go if I'm with a group that wants to, sure. But, that being said I don't think I'd really like to see that. Of course I would prefer to drink good beer wherever I go, but drinking something like a big Duvel at a table with the music blaring isn't really a meshing of activities I think I'd like. For me, beer drinking is experience the pure enjoyment of all aspects of a beer and/or being social. I don't think I could do either of those really at a VIP table at a large club.

VABA and BalancingBrooms like this.
  5. Wolfhead

Wolfhead Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2009 Illinois

Maybe for a place like the House of Blues as you're paying for a table, I prefer to play the bar. $50.00 for a Dark Lord? Sounds cheap for a nice club, I wonder what a great 12 oz bottle costs these days in a Vegas club if you're not doing bottle service

6. keithmurray

keithmurray Pooh-Bah (2,943) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society

I was posing the question to BAs who might frequent Vegas or similar venues go see if there might be a market for such a thing. Thanks

7. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

I have not seen bottles for sale at many places I've visited like bars and restaurants. But when I do see them the prices are really high unless you are looking for BMC. I do recall seeing Firestone Walker Double Jack at a restaurant for $8 a 12 ounce bottle, it was ridiculous. I thought it was draft but the waitress told me it was bottled, I passed.

8. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

If a nightclub/bar was actually thoughtful enough to get their hands on some great beers, having a reasonable price-per-ounce would not be such a bad thing in lieu of buying a $1,000 bottle of Grey Goose or champagne.

That being said, you'll find me at the local pub rocking a $5 pint of kick-ass IPA.

nathanb47, CJNAPS, eppCOS and 4 others like this.
  9. erichall

erichall Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Kentucky

A macro beer in a Vegas nightclub costs $12-25. A mixed drink runs 20+. Bottle service for beer is interesting but I would imagine a 750ml of chimay/duvel would be closer to $100 than $50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.