World Beer in Barbados?

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by DoctorZombies, Sep 14, 2016.

1. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (1,967) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Heading to Barbados tomorrow. I've found two local breweries on the island, and the liquor stores with web sites appear thinly stocked. Other than "drink rum", anyone have any good beer suggestions? Thanks!

2. sholland119

sholland119 Poo-Bah (2,032) Sep 8, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Updating this one after a quick (24 hour) visit last week. Thanks to DoctorZombies for his place reviews. Unfortunately the island is not as walkable as some (at least from my hotel) so i could not get to the places he recommended.

Banks, the local beer, was pretty easily available and pretty solid as a beach beer. Deputy was another local that was ok.

I walked to a gas station convenience store and found the Barbados rendition of Guinness Foreign Extra that was delicious and about $2 a bottle. That's my best bet.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe