Beer-Infused Holiday Desserts

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Todd, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (6,137) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

[​IMG]

This year, why not add beer to your holiday baking?

Set your contribution to the family feast apart from grandma's with these beer-infused treats, like Deschutes Black Butte Porter Ginger Snaps, Chocolate Malt Cupcakes made with Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin, and Duchesse de Bourgogne Caramels. Because beer makes the holiday season even more jolly.

Find these and more recipes in our online archives: http://www.beeradvocate.com/mag/tag/dessert/

Cheers!

2. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,971) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

Good lord I think I put on weight just staring and drooling at those pics. Top row second from left especially.

3. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Poo-Bah (1,888) Oct 31, 2013 Maryland
    Society

My sweet-tooth is legendary! Infusing desserts with beer might not be a good thing for me.... Well, atleast in my diabetic shock, there will be a smile on my face.

4. papat444

papat444 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2006 Canada

Good Lord, I want two of each and breakfast be damned :grinning:

5. Beerly-Departed

Beerly-Departed Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2013 Florida

This is where I wish I could like a post x10

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  6. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,836) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

I have all the ingredients and I am going to make the Bourbon Spiced Pecan Beer Caramel Fudge from the BA latest BA issue. Think I'll look a few more of these up. Looks fantastic. Thanks!

Rebecca likes this.
  7. leantom

leantom Champion (898) Nov 20, 2011 Indiana
    Trader

Not me (lactose intolerant).

Prefer the middle-row, second from the left.

cavedave likes this.
  8. LeperJim

LeperJim Meyvn (1,029) Feb 10, 2008 Ohio
    Society

If I had to pick one, and I don’t since I’m a Beer Advocate and I already abuse my body (to some degree) daily, I would go with the bottom-row second from the right. I’m thinking it's TenFidy Cake.

Shroud0fdoom and creepinjeeper like this.
  9. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,931) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

I have a lot of leftover Shiner Birthday beer and it makes a great addition to pancake batter or waffles, then reduced some down and added it to the syrup.

Rebecca and creepinjeeper like this.
  10. SteveB24

SteveB24 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2013 New York

some awesome recipes in the last issue of BA mag as well! can't wait to give some a whirl.

Rebecca likes this.
  11. Kappakoosh

Kappakoosh Disciple (314) Dec 26, 2013 Texas

I love where this is going..adding hops as herbs in entree's and now beer in desserts. I had some fresh donuts made with a coffee stout that was great here in Houston. I hope to see more like these out there in the future.

12. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,931) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

And where might you have purchased that donut, sounds like a must seek out

13. BeerBobber

BeerBobber Defender (609) Nov 23, 2015 Nevada

Deschutes Black Butte can make my desserts sing any time!

14. Aestro

Aestro Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2009 Oregon

I just went to the store today to get ingredients for Old Rasputin brownies! Hope I don't ruin them. It's an adapted recipe and the first time I've tried it.

15. Kappakoosh

Kappakoosh Disciple (314) Dec 26, 2013 Texas

It was at a special event where breweries were paired with a local chef. Chef's had to infuse their beer into their dishes...that particular item stood out from the others. It was great, but unfortunately not something you can get off the shelf anywhere that I am aware of. I also had mash potatoes infused with hops, which was great as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.