Beer Podcasts

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by UristMcBrewer, Jan 14, 2021.

1. UristMcBrewer

UristMcBrewer Aspirant (249) Oct 5, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Hey there!

I am an avid podcast listener and am looking for a beer podcast. Specifically I am looking for something about the science of beer, such as the chemistry and microbiology involved.
    Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks

dvnbtn likes this.
  2. CaptainBert

CaptainBert Initiate (35) Nov 9, 2016 Texas

Davl22 likes this.
  3. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,907) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Podcasts get mentioned frequently in the Homebrewing forum. Here is a link to a search of that forum using 'podcast' as the search term. There should be some leads in these threads, although I did not limit the age of the threads in my search, so some older ones may no longer exist. I have not looked at any of them to give you a recommendation.
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/search/119836585/?q=podcast&o=date&c[node]=8

UristMcBrewer and Ranbot like this.
  4. Apathetiq

Apathetiq Aspirant (252) Sep 10, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Not a podcast, but this video series is amazingly informative.

UristMcBrewer and PapaGoose03 like this.
  5. UristMcBrewer

UristMcBrewer Aspirant (249) Oct 5, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Wow, this really does seem like a really good series. Even if it isn't a podcast I will check it out. This is the kind of things that I am interested in and can go really deep into.
    Thanks a bundle.

Apathetiq likes this.
  6. teromous

teromous Poo-Bah (2,870) Mar 21, 2010 Virginia
    Society Trader

https://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/

It is centered more around homebrewing but they have a steady stream of brewers and other guests on their shows who have a lot of knowledge to share.

Davl22, Apathetiq and UristMcBrewer like this.
  7. John-Galt

John-Galt Initiate (39) Aug 4, 2019 Texas

The Sour Hour - is decent and available on spotify. The last episode was in March of 2020 but there are over 100 episodes.

Davl22 and Sheppard like this.
  8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,811) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

Denny and Drew have experimental brewing podcast that's pretty good.

UristMcBrewer likes this.
  9. pudgym29

pudgym29 Initiate (132) Mar 14, 2009 Illinois

This indirectly responds to your inquiry. These do not typically delve into the science of brewing beer.
    Since the COVID-19 pandemic struck, and I have had to limit my forays outside the abode (I.E.: Where I am relegated is the local branch of the Chicago Public Library. It has limited hours.), I have adjusted my external on-line time, after downloading software updates and Windows 7 Extended Service User security patches, to podcasts.
    I have a registered software program, Download Manager 3. It works on a number of operating systems. It is sufficient insofar as inputting the URLs of the files I want to obtain.
    The World-Wide Web site which collates many podcasts, and more crucially, furnishes the URLs which lets me download them, is Podbay .fm. This W-WW site is on my regular bookmark page. I can recommend registering there. Then, you can be notified when a podcast you follow uploads a new episode.
    I direct you to the craft beer podcasts I have discerned are informative and entertaining. You may have heard about some of them. But I opt to compile them in this forum post. If you go down this rabbit {not 5 Rabbit} hole, I instruct you to remember to logoff the Internet occasionally and listen to the podcasts you downloaded. :wink:

Ranbot, Raj and ChicagoJ like this.
  10. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (305) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

Second this. Go through the back log if you're into saison/wild ferm beer and brewing. Tons of great interviews and info. I wish they'd start it back up...

ABV Chicago is great for beer reviews, but definitely heavily focused on the Chicago area.

Graining In is Noah Bissell and Co. Dives into some brewing but mostly interviews with people in or associated with the industry.