Beer Release (Short's Brew): Kind Ale

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by HopHeadHerman, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopHeadHerman

HopHeadHerman Aspirant (264) Feb 9, 2009 Michigan

Greetings!

Our Wet Hopped Ale is back! Kind Ale has been bottled and will be getting distributed throughout Michigan soon! This one's always in high demand, so keep a lookout at your local bottle shop.

Kind Ale: Short’s Harvest Ale, a seasonal beer made each fall to celebrate a successful hop growing season. True to tradition, we commemorate the earth’s agricultural environment by using freshly picked hops to “wet hop” this brew. Straight from the fields on Leelanau Peninsula to our kettle, local hops impart a mellow earthiness to this ale that lead to moderate bitter tones and a subtle sweetness in the finish.
    5.5% ABV
    56 IBU

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. trginter

trginter Aspirant (266) Dec 1, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I look forward to this every year.

3. pharts

pharts Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2013 Michigan

I grabbed a few from the pub this week. It's a tasty year.

4. sydthecat

sydthecat Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2008 Ontario (Canada)

I had this at an Oktoberfest event this past weekend, and it had a rubber tire taste to it. I was not the only one to notice this. I assume this isn't normal, but it was very off-putting...

5. HopHeadHerman

Hmmm, this displeases me. I'm looking forward to trying this year's and certainly hope your experience was an isolated incident, perhaps a beer line issue....

6. Cotton_27

Cotton_27 Devotee (481) Feb 22, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

oh yeah, one of my top three Shorts brews, cant wait to get my paws on some, will be at the brewpub Saturday, hopefully there will be some left so I dont have to wait.

7. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (505) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Every year this one disappoints me big time. One of the few misses from the fine folks at Short's IMO.

Bring on Pan Galactic!!!

8. HopHeadHerman

This has started to hit stores already. Lots of Short's specialties being deleivered the same week.

9. rjcoy06

rjcoy06 Initiate (184) Jan 31, 2013 Michigan

My go-to store for Short's just received their Kind Ale and Village Reserve today. Picked up a sixer of both.

10. willth

willth Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2013 Illinois

6er in the fidge getting cold. Needless to say im excited for this one. Also got a DFH 75 MIN at the same store

11. MCain04

MCain04 Zealot (585) Jan 3, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Had this last night - delicious! Didn't even know to look out for it, just happened to be passing through Michigan. Definitely work picking up a 6er.

Brianw508 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe