Bell's Brewery (2020)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by archiebunkerjr, Jan 4, 2020.

1. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (734) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

35th hit downstate by me. Successfully found via the beer finder. It absolutely works. I also used it to find BA Expo the last time it saw distro. $12 per 4 pack.

2. americanzero4128

americanzero4128 Initiate (21) Jan 21, 2015 Illinois

I was also in Central IL last weekend and also saw a few 4packs of 35th Anniversary. I didn't pick any up because I already had a 4pack at home. If it's there when I'm back in a month, might have to grab some more. It's really good.

3. SteelCranium

SteelCranium Initiate (108) Jul 1, 2010 Ohio

Beer finder showing none in Ohio. Saw one Cleveland store post some online last week, but that’s it. Never hit the beer finder. Hopefully still planning on sending some down our way.

4. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Defender (629) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Ohio is always delayed as shit. I’m sure it will show up eventually. That could be anywhere from 2 more weeks to about 6 months. Having been curious when it would show up - since 2 hearted took awhile - I have been watching, using a hail marry around cincincinnati. It only got to S Indiana and Louisville last week. They normally get things quicker.

5. SteelCranium

Seems inconsistent. Double two hearted showed up soon after release this year. Found bottles under a week old in the Cleveland area. Hopslam is usually later here but part of a second or third batch. Not sure if they are doing multiple releases of the 35th anniversary expedition.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  6. Beer_Economicus

Trader

That’s fair. For what it’s worth, I actually meant the first release of double two hearted from last year.

7. SteelCranium

Hitting Ohio today. Beer finder was empty yesterday, pretty full today. Got my allocation at a few of the smaller places on the map.

8. Beer_Economicus

Trader

So. Last week I got a 4 pack in S Indiana. Paid $20. Didn’t realize it was a ripoff until I read on here MSRP was $20. Tried a bottle last night, and I enjoyed it (see below), so I looked for another 4 pack today on my route home from WV. I called places in Cincy since I saw it just hit. Literally all but 1 said they were out by 1pm, although I did not try the real large stores, because they sell out too quickly normally from my very limited experience since moving here.

Ended up finding a place in MD. That said they only had 1 left, and it was $28 and change. Even on the phone I exclaimed, “Did you say $28? Really?” In my head, I did my best Italian accent, thinking, are you fucking serious?

I stopped in anyway, curious. I had 2 hours to come down from my non-Italian heritage but good fellas loving mindset, and low and behold it was $13.95.

If any of the people that I regularly interact with on here ends up needing a bottle, let me know. Already have 1 set aside for someone, and I’m happy to share the wealth.

Oh, and my hot take? The best regular non-BA straight stout I have had. I’d rather drink this than Deth’s Tar. And at only $3.50ish a bottle? Forget about it.

9. V1leOne

V1leOne Initiate (32) Jul 25, 2020 Michigan

35th is finally in the wild in metro Detroit. Honestly I'd forgotten about this one altogether until I happened on a single for $4 yesterday. Called my regular spot and they're holding 8 for me to grab today.

ChiPez66 likes this.
  10. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (147) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Did more BA Expo hit distro or did I find a honeyhole in the UP? One 4 pack left at Super 1 in Iron Mountain.

11. core42

core42 Zealot (545) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

I'm not aware of anymore being released. It was Michigan only distro so the stores were flush with it for a while so I'm not surprised that there are some stores throughout the state with some left

Number1Framer likes this.
  12. ChiPez66

ChiPez66 Initiate (137) May 21, 2018 Illinois
    Trader

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a Michigan only distro...

13. ShawnoftheD3ad

ShawnoftheD3ad Aspirant (226) Mar 20, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Didn’t see any BA Expo as I could of been late to snag one but unlikely. If it did see distro it was very few and far between in Chicago. But I did grab a 35th almost 3 weeks ago at my local Binnys. Hearing that Detroit finally got their drop this week is kinda fucked up.

14. flat_lander

Society Trader

The most recent batch of BA Expedition was Michigan only.

core42 and Beer_Economicus like this.
  15. core42

Trader

Per Larry 2020 was Michigan only

flat_lander likes this.
  16. ChiPez66

Trader

Ah I didn't know there was a 2020 BA Expo. Is that a yearly release? I knew last year or two years ago it hit Illinois.

17. core42

Trader

I don't think they've expressly stated that but there's been bottles every year since 2016

ChiPez66 likes this.
  18. flat_lander

Society Trader

I support this decision!

Wonder if any 35th went into barrels? 35th is excellent in case people haven't figured it out yet. We were told locally it would be pretty limited, but I've found two different places that had a stack of about 4 cases in the last week. And I haven't even made it to Binny's yet and I heard they had it too.

19. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (347) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

I sure hope so! But I assume it would be an extremely small batch if so.

darkwing1 likes this.
  20. toolbrew

toolbrew Defender (634) Feb 26, 2008 Indiana
    Trader

Jealous! I haven’t seen it yet in NWI.

21. archiebunkerjr

archiebunkerjr Aspirant (225) Oct 25, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

If memory serves me correct, I think the Eccentric Cafe had BA Expedition 30 on tap a few different times a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen with 35.

flat_lander likes this.
  22. Beer_Economicus

Trader

35th Expo begs to be put into a barrel. Woah my Gahd.

23. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (141) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Yeah - I split a 4pk with a neighbor and my 2 bottles were gone quickly. So smooth, so good. If Revolution was not dropping Deth's Tar this week I would get more 35th.

mbockstruck30 likes this.
  24. Beer_Economicus

Trader

You can get Deth's Tar anytime, but not 35th. I'd opt for 35th without literally any concern for regret.

This is from someone currently on a ridiculously tight budget and an even tighter beer budget.

25. Jagrmaister

Jagrmaister Initiate (70) Jan 13, 2018 Illinois
    Trader

I love DT but would take Bell's on this.

26. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (347) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

I finally got some 35th Anny Expo today. Holy crap, this is even better than I expected. It's a fuller, fudgier version of the regular. It's similar to what Baudoinia did to regular BCS. Higher ABV isn't noticeable. This is glorious. Thanks for the hookup @goblue30!

core42, ktr5010, Zorak2 and 5 others like this.
  27. zid

zid Meyvn (1,215) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Trader

I saw a six pack of Kalamazoo stout in a store - it was the new black with gold font label, but the sixer had one bottle of Kalamazoo with the old white and purple label. At first I thought it was just a case of an orphaned old bottle placed in another sixer (this store doesn't let you break a sixer though), but then I noticed that the old bottle had a matching sparkling star sticker on it (or something of the sort). If I remember correctly, I think the newer bottles were from last year. Is this just a freak occurrence, or did Bell's release sixers with one intentionally aged beer back then as part of a promotion... or was that a Willy Wonka golden ticket and I now get to tour the Bell's brewery?

mbockstruck30 likes this.
  28. Fordcoyote15

Fordcoyote15 Savant (960) Nov 19, 2011 Kentucky
    Trader

Is anyone seeing multiple drops of 35th anniversary? A shop just messaged that sold out a week ago just told me they put one in the back for me. Not sure if they got more or if maybe someone elses hold was never picked up.

29. whatruDOINdragic

whatruDOINdragic Initiate (163) Aug 22, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Where are people finding 35 Expo Reserve in Chicago, or is this so limited that I'm naive to think anyone would give up their spot?

Chuckdiesel24 likes this.
  30. whatruDOINdragic

whatruDOINdragic Initiate (163) Aug 22, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

lol, I just read this thread's previous page and realized that, while I've just heard of 35 ER for the first time today, it's been in Chicago for a month and almost certainly gone. That'll teach me to take time away from the game. Cheers all!

core42 and mbockstruck30 like this.
  31. ChiPez66

Trader

Use Bell's Beer Finder. It actually works...

whatruDOINdragic likes this.
  32. Raj

Raj Disciple (318) Jun 25, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

not sure where you are located but there is some left in singles fridge at the Whole Foods in Ashland and Belmont

#312 Raj, Oct 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020 at 3:29 PM
    croush likes this.