Bell’s coming this fall

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by rkarimi, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denver10

denver10 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hopefully you get fresher stuff than New Mexico. I love 2 Hearted but cant ever find any of it fresher than 2 months.

2. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

I’ll take all the expo please thanks

Spaceman_Jer likes this.
  3. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

As long as it's fresh, I'm down. I think their flagships are as good as anyone's in the country. I wasn't exactly clamoring for them, but they're one of the few distros I kinda wanted here.

denver10 and Spaceman_Jer like this.
  4. rikarmstrong

rikarmstrong Initiate (0) May 14, 2015 Colorado

Score!

There's just something about Bell's Best Brown and college football Saturdays in the fall...

Spaceman_Jer likes this.
  5. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

*cough* Breakthru *cough*

6. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado

I feel like people are forgetting the mutiple drops of Bell's we've gotten for the last three years around GABF.

7. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

Sadly we didn’t get any last year

8. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado

"We" as in Colorado? I am fairly certain that is not true; I distinctly remember multiple drops at Grapevine, but maybe I am misremembering..?

9. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

There were definitely a couple drops in Denver going back to 2016. Not sure what the logistics were, but it felt like we got a drop around GABF and then one more in December/January. Stores like Grapevine definitely got multiple drops, but even my neighborhood shop off Chambers got at least one.

10. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2012 Colorado

Correct. I was told it was due to some tax issues and some distribution hickups with CSA.

eppCOS and ManBearPat like this.
  11. eppCOS

eppCOS Grand Pooh-Bah (4,236) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

In COS, Hopslam was around in early 2017, but not this year. So, glad to see their footprint expand. But my local store is gonna be awfully crowded. I'd hate to be in the retail end of things...how would one choose what to stock? What a headache. Still, for consumers, yay!

Mebuzzard and SFACRKnight like this.
  12. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

As the constant naysayer I'll chime in. Their previous drops all sold quickly because nobody knew if it was going to stick around. I am certain once they come on full time they, like so many other good breweries, are going to turn things up.

13. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

Curious as to what you mean by this?
    Like they won't sell as well because the scarcity thing won't be a factor and we'll all assume we can just get it whenever now and not actually buy it...

14. Mebuzzard

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yes, headache indeed. How to choose what to stock is a science and art form and luck.
    Science: To collect, analyze and apply data from sales, volume, etc.
    Art: To know your customers, their spending habits and their wants
    Luck: That the distributor actually has the product, has the amount you wish to order, and actually delivers product unbroken.

And then there are the truck chasers that stop by the store once a year to buy in bulk.

And then there's me, when I say "I am god of all things delivered and this beer is going into my belly!!"

As Crash Davis said, "We're dealing with a lot of shit"

eppCOS likes this.
  15. Mebuzzard

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My guess is that sales will slowly decline. Unless more people keep moving to CO!

16. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Stupid autocorrect. It was meant to say turd it up, not turn it up. In the past when Bells would show up their beers for the most part would fly off the shelves. I suspect that customers were under the impression that, by not buying that hopslam right now, there was the potential to miss out on Bells beers. Once they become a part of our regular distribution chain I fear they will become the next cigar city, or surly, or clown shoes, or jester king in that their beers are just going to sit on our shelves. I walk by great beers all the time because I know I can get them whenever.

Domingo, JakeT469 and ManBearPat like this.
  17. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Pundit (904) May 31, 2011 Colorado

I'm psyched for Bell's. When I travel, they are a go-to pickup. If I'm in some shithole where the 7-11 is the only option, 2Hearted is always solid, even if it's 3-4 months old. All of their stouts are good; the double cream and Kalamazoo are great, I also like the cherry stout.

Spaceman_Jer likes this.
  18. Dan_K

Dan_K Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

I think it makes more sense to do a drop once every 3-4 months. Otherwise it's just more shelf space we are already lacking in.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  19. MtnSoup

MtnSoup Initiate (0) May 20, 2013 Colorado

Love Two Hearted. If fresh will buy again and again. Interesting note on their distro (different direction than CSA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.