[bend] Visiting this weekend; anything going on?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by eatabagofbooger, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon

My folks are visiting me here in Portland this upcoming week, and we're heading to Bend for the weekend. My parents have never been, and they're quite excited about it. We're heading down tomorrow (Friday) afternoon and will be at Deschutes for the barrel aged beer tasting (we've already got our tickets) and will be around through Sunday afternoon. I've been to Bend a lot, so I have a good idea of some of the spots I want to take them to (Boneyard and Crux, of course), but was wondering if there are any events or special tappings I should be aware of.

Also, there are a few relatively new places I am unfamiliar with (North Rim, Riverbend, Platypus, Bridge 99, Rathole, Oblivion, etc). Are any of these places worth a visit?

Finally, if anyone has any recommendations for food or moderate hiking (my parents are reasonably fit and outdoorsy, but from the flatlands of Florida), I wouldn't mind hearing them (though I'm sure we won't have much trouble finding either).

Thanks!

2. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,067) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Snag a bottle of Be Still while you're there.

I like Zydeco down on Bond for a nice dinner. They've got Ale Apothecary on the bottle list, too.

Also, go to Silver Moon. Great beer, highly underrated.

RedMedicine likes this.
  3. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon

Thanks for the tips-Zydeco just made our list of places to check out. What is this "Be Still"? I've never heard of it and can find no trace of it on this site or Untappd.

4. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Aspirant (268) Oct 15, 2008 Oregon
    Trader

New beer from Ale Apothecary. No carbonation, but I'm not exactly sure about the style of beer except for that it's a blend of rye whiskey and wine barrels.

5. AugiePrimrose

AugiePrimrose Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2009 Illinois

Hike up Pilot Butte, then walk down the paved road back to the parking lot before heading over to Worty Brewing.

sharpski likes this.
  6. blackcloud

blackcloud Disciple (301) Apr 28, 2012 Alaska
    Trader

i had an epic meal at 900 wall when i was there in May. sooooo good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.