Best IPA/DIPA by State

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by joeyjoey104, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeyjoey104

joeyjoey104 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2014 California

Just traded for Be Hoppy! Excited to try it, yes, I have heard Julius is only on draft/growler fills.

HuskyHawk likes this.
  2. joeyjoey104

Odell IPA is better than Myrcenary DIPA? Had Myrcenary a couple weeks ago, it was good.

3. joeyjoey104

Just got White Rajah and Head Hunter!

Stinger80OH likes this.
  4. joeyjoey104

Still working on getting that Sunshine. Hard one to trade for.

5. Grayson14

Grayson14 Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2014 Oklahoma

The only answer for Oklahoma is COOP F5 in my opinion. Better than Pliny.

6. eddie31370

eddie31370 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2014 Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania: Victory's DIRT WOLF

7. humuloner22

humuloner22 Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 North Carolina

I recently had Jade on draft. I currently have very fresh, like I had it the day it was canned Hop Drop, and I don't think its as good as the Jade was. Jade has more balance. Hop Drop is a hop bomb. I love hoppy beers, but I just felt that the hops were not as balanced. Maybe it was the batch? Because, you couldn't find this beer all summer and recently it has popped up in every reputable bottle shop in the state. Maybe this last batch was made in a rushed manner, different hops, I don't have a way to know, because it was the first time I got to try it. And actually, NODA makes some damn fine beers, I just think there is a hype over Hop Drop because of the gold metal. Jam Session by NODA is better in my opinion. Its less expensive and usually easier to find too.

8. almostjay

almostjay Initiate (0) May 24, 2008 Virginia

Will do. Glad you recommended them by the way, because for whatever reason their name turned me off and I have chosen to avoid them when I see them on menus. It sounds like their IPA lineup is right up my alley so I won't be making that mistake any longer.

9. ColdOneKev

ColdOneKev Zealot (573) Feb 18, 2012 North Carolina

Widley available is the trick...I haven't been lucky enough to try treehouse Julius but did have Sap on draft once. Wachusett Larry is easy to find. Also I would recommend clown shoes galactica. Easy to find and excellent.

10. Roland

Roland Initiate (170) Apr 18, 2012 Georgia

Georgia is Jekyll HopDang Diggity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.